Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey92 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...812650/latest/

Hammer away.
    This isn't me saying BM is better or even close but I seem to compete well with a spec I enjoy playing, what the issue?
    I'm going MM for mythic progression more than likely but at the end of the day if you aren't playing in a top 1% guild playing BM isn't going to be your raids reason you aren't killing things.
    Play what you like.

Why discuss talents, gear and specs at all then? Just play what you like.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...812650/latest/

Hammer away.
    This isn't me saying BM is better or even close but I seem to compete well with a spec I enjoy playing, what the issue?
    I'm going MM for mythic progression more than likely but at the end of the day if you aren't playing in a top 1% guild playing BM isn't going to be your raids reason you aren't killing things.
    Play what you like.
    I am not talking about raids, everyone knows MM is better for those. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    My Hunter is only 830 (It's an ALT. Will be higher once I unlock the third relic slot) and I can do anywhere from 300,000 to 800,000 DPS on trash packs.. Depending on how large of a pull the tank does. What item level are you? Give me a few days to catch up to your item level and I would like to accept your challenge of if BM can beat MM.

Private message me.
    You're welcome to come along with me anytime I am available (Effinhunter#1904). I pug with others and enjoy the company of other hunters, but I'm 862 in my MM set. Anyway, as you can see in the quote of the tail end of the post you're quoting, this is really about a very silly argument that was being made on these forums where people were claiming that 13, 14, or even 16 trait offspec BM could beat any trait investment of MM in Mythic+, even if MM was at 24 traits. This argument, with no real basis in reality, was being used to advise people to go deeply into BM as an offspec instead of finishing off their MM dps traits. People were called stupid, dumb and suboptimal if they used MM in Mythic+. I feel this was very misleading and counterproductive, but so are many of the discussions here on MMO Champ or in Hunter Discord. I find this whole BM vs MM thing quite ridiculous. What I am talking about is a very specific piece of advice on when BM overtakes MM in Mythic+ for raiders focusing on MM traits for raiding progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    There's nothing really wrong with going BM all the way and doing your best. When you get to 26, especially, you'll be very competitive. There was an old argument that BM 13 traits or even 14 or 16 would be better than MM with 20+ traits in Mythic+. People attacking you or your logs are really just hitting you as collateral damage in an argument that no longer makes sense.
    hello! Im currently 859 BM / 860MM (BM 874ilvl weapon 18Traits / MM876ilvl weapon 18Traits)

On raider's target dummy, im averaging about 220-225k on BM (using stampede and AMoC) and around 200-210k on MM.

I know both my weapons' ilvl is low and as a result my dps is rather low for my ilvl, but is the lower dps from MM due to me not yet reach the 20trait on the MM weapon or i f-up big time on my rotation? (sorry no logs to show you guys)

my armory - Kidnap (Frostwolf-US) , cant post direct link yet unfortunately.
    Last edited by abduct; 2016-10-02 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    You're welcome to come along with me anytime I am available (Effinhunter#1904). I pug with others and enjoy the company of other hunters, but I'm 862 in my MM set. Anyway, as you can see in the quote of the tail end of the post you're quoting, this is really about a very silly argument that was being made on these forums where people were claiming that 13, 14, or even 16 trait offspec BM could beat any trait investment of MM in Mythic+, even if MM was at 24 traits. This argument, with no real basis in reality, was being used to advise people to go deeply into BM as an offspec instead of finishing off their MM dps traits. People were called stupid, dumb and suboptimal if they used MM in Mythic+. I feel this was very misleading and counterproductive, but so are many of the discussions here on MMO Champ or in Hunter Discord. I find this whole BM vs MM thing quite ridiculous. What I am talking about is a very specific piece of advice on when BM overtakes MM in Mythic+ for raiders focusing on MM traits for raiding progression.
    Well MM is prety nice for Myth but if you ask me personally i would choose SVV there because of the trap for CC (speaking for 5+) beside that i`m lazy as F to position myself and still to wonder did sidewinders wont hit something (no way to use barrage there also)
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-10-02 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abduct View Post
    hello! Im currently 859 BM / 860MM (BM 874ilvl weapon 18Traits / MM876ilvl weapon 18Traits)

On raider's target dummy, im averaging about 220-225k on BM (using stampede and AMoC) and around 200-210k on MM.

I know both my weapons' ilvl is low and as a result my dps is rather low for my ilvl, but is the lower dps from MM due to me not yet reach the 20trait on the MM weapon or i f-up big time on my rotation? (sorry no logs to show you guys)

my armory - Kidnap (Frostwolf-US) , cant post direct link yet unfortunately.
    Your MM weapon is 2 traits away from a golden singletarget DPS increase trait that does a fair bit. Likewise, MM does scale better with weapon damage than BM; If the weapons are both low level, MM will suffer more.

How can I use sidewinders in Mythic+? How should I position myself?

Target the mob in combat furthest back, and go more into melee range for the cone to smaller? Is it more? F.ex what do I do in MoS when we are in the ship below? If we take left, I try to go closer up while having my camera more to the left?

Deleted
    Sidewinders is a cone/ box shaped AoE and it increases in size similar to how you'd drag out a window in windows if you use the upper/bottom right/left corner. It's really wide, wider than Barrage for example. You position yourself accordingly and it depends on the situation at hand.

Want to have a big box? - Gain range
    Want to have a small box? - Get close

It's nearly impossible to hit additional adds on the ship, because Sidewinders won't pull through the ship's walls, so don't worry. You can just chill in the room where the dogs are, when you engage the big giant that likes to vomit on your tank.
    The only additional pull I do there from time to time (depends on where we meet that patrol @ the beginning) is the Hawk on the bridge that would normally not engage you.

You try to get as many opponents as possible between you and your target as MM. That's basically what the spec is all about, especially on encounters like Xavius or Tree-vagina.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-03 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Sidewinders is a cone/ box shaped AoE and it increases in size similar to how you'd drag out a window in windows if you use the upper/bottom right/left corner. It's really wide, wider than Barrage for example. You position yourself accordingly and it depends on the situation at hand.

Want to have a big box? - Gain range
    Want to have a small box? - Get close

It's nearly impossible to hit additional adds on the ship, because Sidewinders won't pull through the ship's walls, so don't worry. You can just chill in the room where the dogs are, when you engage the big giant that likes to vomit on your tank.
    The only additional pull I do there from time to time (depends on where we meet that patrol @ the beginning) is the Hawk on the bridge that would normally not engage you.

You try to get as many opponents as possible between you and your target as MM. That's basically what the spec is all about, especially on encounters like Xavius or Tree-vagina.
    Is there any dungeons that I should be aware of that can fuck things up, like if some places can shoot through walls etc?

Deleted
    EoA of course, especially if you do Serpentix first, because SW will also pull stuff 40 yards above you.

I managed to pull a dragon in VoH too while we were fighting the wolf boss with SW, but if you are fast enough you can Feign Death extra adds and they might return back to where they came from - when you do the 2 anti-stun aura guys before odyn etc. move towards the bridge and engage them from there, to not pull the packs on the left and right side.
    VoH tables might be dangerous too depending on where you stand and what you face.

Vault of the Warden, 2nd boss, Felhunters running on top of that ridge, position yourself under one of those so you don't pull them.
    Everything else is pretty safe, maybe DHT, when you drop down before the first boss. It depends on how your group will move through that part of the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    How can I use sidewinders in Mythic+? How should I position myself?

Target the mob in combat furthest back, and go more into melee range for the cone to smaller? Is it more? F.ex what do I do in MoS when we are in the ship below? If we take left, I try to go closer up while having my camera more to the left?
    Yes, all of these things. One of the harder areas to get this right is HoV hallways, especially in the 8+ affixes where messups can be especially punishing. Every group I've been in, even pugs, tends to hug the wall closest to where you came in. So, make sure you are between the wall and the tables, and the closer to the wall, the better. At higher affixes, I find it especially important to not just consider SW, but also understand how to use Bursting Shot with Binding Shot. The casters are nukers, and keeping them locked down is important (Counter Shot is too long of a CD to be your only interrupt mechanism).

The same goes for the boat pulls in MoS. To best use both SW and Barrage in the boat's initial pull, move forward, past the 2 adds that are pulled and then face back the way you came. SW and Barrage can be used without problem by facing the cages. As you go left, try to be within 10-15y from the mobs and err on the side of caution. Hug the left wall and be in range of your healer for the Mariner (this is again, especially important on higher affixes). Again, the key to getting level 8-10s down at higher affixes is stopping ranged nukes from happening (trash or bosses, when possible). Binding Shot/Bursting Shot combos can be incredibly effective on trash, on top of your Counter Shot. Use Binding with Bursting on the dogs (their pounce sucks at higher damage levels). Use Binding with Bursting on the Mistcallers, and focus your dps on the ranged casters.

I often run with some of the worst comps possible on 8-10, even full ranged comps with no other interrupts (lawl warlocks and a healer in a tank os with 8-11 traits). MM is such a ridiculously versatile spec with Bursting/Binding and Countershot, that a tank with 1 interrupt and I can keep the Councillors completely locked down in Mythic 10 BRH so that no one ever dies from the nukes. Azshara's casters can also be locked down with a good MM hunter.

Tempted to take you up on this offer. I dont see how a MM hunter can stay close with me as BM in M+ extended aoe cleave.
    Would be interested in seeing, 864~BM set

Tempted to take you up on this offer. I dont see how a MM hunter can stay close with me as BM in M+ extended aoe cleave.
    Would be interested in seeing, 864~BM set
    If you're EU, I'll compete with you as MM instead of Effin. Without my legendary ring I should be 865.