Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Time taken between World 1st and World 100th on End Raid bosses

We’re all aware of the “Bosses that remained unkilled the longest” statistic. I’ve never really liked that stat because there’s far too many factors that contribute to it other than purely how difficult the boss is, and especially when you compare to things like Vanilla when It was a completely different type of game, It’s just really not worth much (and also because many bosses in Vanilla and Early TBC were mechanically broken and/or unkillable)

So I’ve made a list based on wowprogress statistics for the time taken between the world first to the world hundredth

I think that this statistic is a much fairer comparison of difficulty. Once 100 guilds have killed it you’ve gotten a good sample of how long It’s taking, and you’ve got good coverage of extremely hardcore in the top 1-20 through hardcore in the middle and then semi-hardcore only raids 3-4 nights a week range in the 75+ bracket.

These statistics are not perfect by any means, I can think of two major problems and they have to do with the number of guilds raiding throughout particular times in the game’s history:

1) The games number of players, and therefore number of guilds has changed and fluctuated over time. There is arguably far less turnover of players in the top 100 guilds in the world, but this is still something to consider
    2) In Cataclysm and MoP 10man was considered equal to 25man. You can obviously have more 10 man guilds than you can 25man guilds, so comparing WoD+Legion+Wrath+Sunwell which were all 20-25man in raid size to Cata+MoP were 10man guilds were dominant is unfair on Cata+MoP as there was more guilds raiding during that time and the stat is only a snapshot of the top 100.

These stats are taken from wowprogress, and wowprogress only goes as far back as Sunwell so sadly Kil’Jaeden is where it ends.

1. Heroic Lich King 25 man* 68 Days
    2. Mythic Archimonde 65.06 Days
    3. Kil’Jaeden 64 Days
    4. Heroic Sinestra 63.2 Days
    5. Heroic Lei’Shen 58.36 Days
    6. Heroic Garrosh 52.28 Days

7. Heroic Ragnaros 50.21 Days
    8. Heroic Nefarian 49.24 Days

9. Heroic Sha of Fear** 46.62 Days
    10. Yogg+0 25man 45.43 Days
    11. Mythic Blackhand 40.86 Days
    12. Heroic Madness of Deathwing** 36.56 Days
    13. Heroic Grand Empress Shek’Zeer 28.72 Days
    14. Heroic Anub’Arak* 25 man 28 days
    15. Mythic Imperator Mar’Gok 27.88 Days
    16. Heroic Al’Akir 27.69 Days
    17. Heroic Will of the Emperor 18.54 Days
    18. Kel’Thuzad 25man 4 days

*This boss had limited attempts
    **Progression of this boss occurred over Christmas + New Years, inflating its number of days taken

Below is a google doc spreadsheet that contains all the exact dates & times of the kills, aswell as a separate page that contains the 1-100 stats on all bosses in WoD and Legion.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by sdracklryeg; 2016-09-29 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Naxx 40 would likely top this list.

http://web.archive.org/web/200611112...396d2dcf9b99d8
    This is about two months after the Kel'thuzad (40 man) WF, but not all US guilds are displayed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post

This is about two months after the Kel'thuzad (40 man) WF, but not all US guilds are displayed.
    Very likely but I'm hesitant to include anything Vanilla because of just how different it was to everything that came after. I would like the other Burning Crusade bosses if you know where I could find them
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post

Great find, really nice to see all those guilds of old back. Memento Mori was an amazing team to play with. Arnold is the sexiest Gnome Warrior to have ever existed.