Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My priority is Emissary--->AP--->Order Resources--->World Boss--->Gear If Upgrade Needed---------------------------------------->gold way down on list

And while doing Emissary, do the quests based on that priority to kill two birds with one hearthstone.

The only Emissary factions that don't work with this are Kirin Tor and Wardens.
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2016-09-29 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Hello there.

I've been playing World of Warcraft since its very first release. I've - like many others - stopped playing numerous times and just recently come back once again. So far I'm enjoying Legion quite a lot, but there's one thing I'm having serious trouble with: World Quests.

I have no idea how to handle them. Which should I do first, which should I prioritize? I've been so used to websites like Icy-Veins and WoWhead telling me what's Best-in-Slot, which talents you should be using and so on, that I've totally forgotten how to go about choosing stuff in-game.

So my question is, what do you prioritize? In what order do you do your WQs? Gold, Artifact Power, Order Hall Resources, PvP, Dungeon, Profession?

Best regards,

iAardvark
    Lol, by your thread title, I thought this was going to be a fancy guide, and I came here to see what I could learn.

For me, I've always started with a quick scan to see if there are any gear rewards that are upgrades (I use an addon for this now. It was front page about 2-3 days ago). I do those first if there are any. After that, I do my four faction emissary quests that are the closest to expiring.

That's been my main world quest rotation, though last Tuesday I started in on Tuesday World bosses, which have their own world quest, and this week I started in on doing a few odd AP and resource quests here and there, because I realized my progress has been pretty slow in those areas. It's probably best that I saved a focus on these for later, since I have a lot of artifact research done at this point. I get a lot more out of them then I wuld have early on.
    Last edited by Hhavok; 2016-09-29 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually do the following, if any are close by i obviously do them though but don't travel half way across the map to just get like 200 order resources.

emissary > Artifact relic > Item (in case of a + upgrade) > Any elite/ high rewarding ones > Artifact power > Gold > Order resources.

This also all depends on how annoying or simple some quests are over others. After a while you'll find quests that are quick and easy to do while others are a pain and require a lot of travel from the nearest flight path. For instance the one where you have to kill harpies/rescue hawks in Val'sharah can be done in a few minutes and the FP is close by. The one with the squirrels and nuts is a pain on hi population servers/

Bare minimum for Emissaries + all those in Suramar for Nightfallen rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    This also all depends on how annoying or simple some quests are over others./
    Yes, also an important factor. Some quests are just not worth fucking around with, because they're at some ridiculously remote, hard to reach spot and in the same time, one could do three other lucrative ones.

I end up doing quite a few of them. I guess the only ones I *don't* actively pursue are:

gold
    order hall resources
    fishing
    herbs that I have plenty of
    lower level gear drops (825ish)

Currently revered with all groups, and only about 4k towards exalted with Nightfallen, so I'm not in that big of a rush really.

I do it all based upon floofy, floofy whim.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did everything I could until I got Revered, then I just cherry pick.
    Emissary quests mostly. My next AP point is depressingly high so I'm just gonna wait on AK for a while to go back to getting AP. PvP ones only if it has gear I want for transmog. Prof one only if it offers a recipe.

Never touching the stupid Su'esh one ever again.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

DANGER > Emissary > The Nightfallen rep > WANTED > AP
    I do DANGER first because more ppl will come - easy kill. If doing it later I find no ppl/group

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Lol, by your thread title, I thought this was going to be a fancy guide, and I came here to see what I could learn.
    Well, by reading the comments on my post I've already learned quite a lot. I prioritized gold way higher than anyone else in the World it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    That's kind of a bad way to answer my question. I'm looking forward to the day where I have nothing else to do and can start working on past reputations and getting every recipe for my professions.

So my question is, what do you prioritize?
    Unless I'm missing some secret, it doesn't matter what you do in what order. If gold is the most important thing to you, you do the gold quest. If Artifact power is the most important to you, you do all those, then go back for gear, then gold, then rep. I can't tell you what is important to you, what you care about and what you don't care about. Only you really know that.

For me, I cleared all zones every day til I got bore of doing it (about 2 weeks in). Prior to getting exalted with NF, I mainly focused on Night Fallen above all else and then any emissary quest. On my alts, I focus mostly on gear til I have enough I can at least que for heroics

1. If I have 3 emissary quests I finish on of them of (usually the one I have completed the furthest)
    2. If there's a gear quest I do it since titanforging is a thing
    And if I have the time
    3. I do AP quests, prioritizing the PvP ones since the more honor you have the better gear you can get from those

I use a bodyguard as a combat ally with gear that gives me order hall resources whenever I complete a world quest so I rarely need to do any quests that gives order hall resources, maybe when I'm about to start a new research (the ones that cost 10k+) I need to do a couple of them.