[HOLY] Re-roll different healing class?

Hey all,

So I had a mythic raiding group(Real ID group) pre-expansion that wanted me to tank. So I power leveled and geared as prot to get to 845 before raids came out. Then on release day, they went in without me. Guess they found someone else and didn't bother telling me.

Well anyways, my guild needed some extras anyways, but were full on tanks, so I've been filling in where needed. Tanking when a tank is running late, healing if needed, etc. Looks like healing is what is needed most, as it's what I've done about 80% of the time.

I have no experience raid healing with a pally. I mean I'm getting by and I'm semi-okay geared for it, but from what I'm reading here, it's just not worth it to raid heal as a pally.

I'm used to healing on a druid, but we have 2 resto's and a shaman already, so adding a 3rd druid would be a bit much, I think.

Should I reroll priest? Or should I stick with pally?

The top 3 guilds that were in the world first race all had holy paladin healers. So they're good in the hardcore scene. I play holy pally as my main and I usually top HPS and end up low on over healing but that's semi casual/semi hardcore.

It's completely worth it to stay holy. Really most of the healers are balanced so just go with what you want. The only healer that's lacking is MW (just by a bit) and disc priest.

So go with what you want. Holy priest and holy paladin are both really strong.

That's reassuring. Thanks so much!

In that case, it's time to dig deep into these forums, and learn wtf I'm doing lol

it is also proven we are the best looking healers in terms of available transmogs and artifacts

Quote Originally Posted by Dookies View Post
    it is also proven we are the best looking healers in terms of available transmogs and artifacts
    Can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Relevant View Post
    Hey all,

So I had a mythic raiding group(Real ID group) pre-expansion that wanted me to tank. So I power leveled and geared as prot to get to 845 before raids came out. Then on release day, they went in without me. Guess they found someone else and didn't bother telling me.
    Holy Paladins are excellent.
    But the more important issue is... why the F*ck are you still raiding with these guys?

They obviously don't respect you enough to let you know of roster changes.
    They purposely raided without you, (unless something is missing in that story...like you were ninja-absent etc)

Guilds never "forget" who their Tanks are. This was premeditated benching. The fact that they went in without letting you know beforehand shows they didn't have you in the picture.

Should leave this guild, and find a guild that values your time and contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Relevant View Post
    That's reassuring. Thanks so much!

In that case, it's time to dig deep into these forums, and learn wtf I'm doing lol
    @Relevant
    https://sacredshielding.wordpress.co...-introduction/
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/holy-pa...-healing-guide

Check those two out. The first one is a bit more in depth but very well done. Learn to read warcraft logs as well, as they can provide some insight into what other successful holy paladins are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by revize View Post
    Holy Paladins are excellent.
    But the more important issue is... why the F*ck are you still raiding with these guys?

They obviously don't respect you enough to let you know of roster changes.
    They purposely raided without you, (unless something is missing in that story...like you were ninja-absent etc)

Guilds never "forget" who their Tanks are. This was premeditated benching. The fact that they went in without letting you know beforehand shows they didn't have you in the picture.

Should leave this guild, and find a guild that values your time and contributions.
    I think you misunderstood. I never ran with the group I was going to run with. I am going with my guild instead, which is a casual group instead of the semi-hardcore group I was going to go with.

Light of the martyr still seems a bit useless though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In raid always top HPS meter (sometimes with RDruid taking the first place), and way above other healers in DPS meter. Healing is pretty easy as HPally. ST heal is awesome, and AOE can be pretty decent when it needs to be. And of course you shouldn't take everything on your shoulders. You are the HPally. You should keep Tank and few melee DD well and thats enough. AOE/range DD healing is RDru/MW/RShammy job, thats why they are invited into the group. Your priority are tanks and melee DD. And Pally is damn good in keeping them alive. Though even then i have enough time to heal some low hp mage and other caster who step into aoe crap with HS or LotM.

Can confirm too. Thats the fact that plate armor designed way better (more badass, more interesting, more epic) than other armor types in WoW. Also Two-Hand Hand of Sulfuras or other Two-Hand Big Shit in your hand looks cool as fuk.