Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hitting the 845+ RNG loot brickwall (nonraider) and it moves more and more into the realm of "frustrating" and "not worth my time".

By the time my account goes inactive I'll probably have the reps at ex and won't bother with the loot RNG any further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I dunno what it is exactly, but I am getting a bit bored. I want to level more characters, but when I think about how long it took me to level my main, I don't want to. World Quests are boring and I often can't find the motivation to do them. Right now all I log on for is Brewfest to get some toys and pets I don't have yet.

I also have to say the gating on the order hall campaign quests is brutal. I expected it to go much more fluid, like one, long quest chain that you could just do whenever you wanted to. I'm losing motivation.
    The Campaign stuff does grind my nerves a bit, the 'do 4 missions that each take 12+ hours back to back ' aspect, specifically.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm hitting the 845+ RNG loot brickwall (nonraider) and it moves more and more into the realm of "frustrating" and "not worth my time".

By the time my account goes inactive I'll probably have the reps at ex and won't bother with the loot RNG any further.
    its really really annoying that there is no usual guranteed way to progress gear further at this point - only rng bonanza

its as if lblizzard was syaing you got to 845 and dont wantto raid well either level another alt and get it to the same level or bye bye

in 2 months people will see legion as what it really is - as bad expansion as wod.

also at least not we know exackly why they rush karazhan rehash and that 4 bosses raid out so much - they knew before launch how bad the launch content was that why they revealed it so quickly to keep people subbed in by the promise - "We will give you kara"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-10-02 at 05:07 PM.

Not even a little. There is so much to do and i love it.
    Every time i come to the game i do emissary quest and some WQ for AP or pvp ones. The down part about this is that im 850+, and getting some good gear from WQ at that moment is almost impossible, not mentioning specific stats i need for my fire mage. The emissary quests gives some really crap items which i would change for sure. Cuz i think reward shouldn't be so bad for that. It emissary q after all.

Professions are great and you have to spend a lot of time to finish the whole questline, but it's fun experience. Storyline and all that leveling stuff was fun also.

The real downside of all this are alts. I would really love to play some alts and i have few in mind but i can't decide which to pick cuz the path i would have to go to get there where i am now is redicilous. So this expansion is HEAVY non-alt friendly.

In the end im having fun =) Mby it's not the game for you anymore if you don't enjoy it. It has been 12 years after all.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its really really annoying that there is no usual guranteed way to progress gear further at this point - only rng bonanza

its as if lblizzard was syaing you got to 845 and dont wantto raid well either level another alt and get it to the same level or bye bye

in 2 months people will see legion as what it really is - as bad expansion as wod.

also at least not we know exackly why they rush karazhan rehash and that 4 bosses raid out so much - they knew before launch how bad the launch content was that why they revealed it so quickly to keep people subbed in by the promise - "We will give you kara"
    What? When has there ever been a point in WoW, other than now, that you could get raid gear without raiding? In Wrath, you got to max level, did dungeons. Once you capped out on dungeon gear, and if you didn't raid, the only way to progress in gear was with badges. Emblems of Heroism gave gear that was slightly below 10 man normal gear (so that would be equivalent to be around Ilvl 850 today). You got these badges from dungeons bosses. In total, there was like 5 or 6 piece of gear you could get from using Heroism. The other way is to get Emblems of Valor, which gave 25 man raid gear (so around Ilvl 880 today). If you didn't raid, you could only get valor through the Heroic Daily quest, which gave 2 valor. The lowest cost valor gear (I believe) was 40 valor? So to get 1 raid quality piece of gear, it would take almost 3 weeks.

What options do you have today once you get all Mythic quality gear? Looking at Mythic+, here is the gear break down:

Level Dungeon Chest Weekly Class Hall Chest
    1 840 N/A
    2 845 850
    3 845 855
    4 850 860
    5 850 865
    6 855 865
    7 855 870
    8 860 870
    9 860 875
    10 865 880

So, from just doing dungeons, you are able to regularly get raid quality gear, which has never been possible in any other WoW expansion. The RNG loot is just a bonus on top of that.

Also, what expansion launched with more relevant content than Legion? I'm pretty sure ever single expansion only had heroic dungeon, raids, and dailies as end game content (from a PvE perspective).
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2016-10-02 at 06:14 PM.

Not bored with Legion, just bored with the insane amount of arbitrary RNG involved in nearly everything you do.

Want to farm recipe ranks for your professions? it's a 0,2% dropchance from a herb, GL!

Want to farm a legendary? drop rate is fucked in several ways and the whole legendary system is probably the worst thing about the whole expansion, have fun!

Want to run mythic+ dungeons for chance of loot? Well the keystones, loot at the end and dungeon modifiers are all also complete RNG, enjoy!

Seriously, RNG is fine and all but they need to tone it the fuck down.

Problems for me are these:

WQ are getting tedious, boring and feel like work.
    Gear drops, regardless of source--raids, WQ, mythics, keystone runs...--suck ass. Itemization is horrible. Relic drops are horrible. Morale to run anything has dropped off signifiantly. And i've never felt this way since playing in TBC.
    Class balance is horrible. Class mechanics are horrible. WTF blizzard. 7.1 can't come soon enough.
    Legendary drops hurt metagame. Their bad luck insurance doesn't work. Not when people have 2 already and lots don't have any. In the next week people will be walking around obliterating stuff with two legendaries. Silly.

I actually love so much about the xpac; but there are these few things that make me wonder how long i'm going to stick around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NFA View Post
    Not bored with Legion, just bored with the insane amount of arbitrary RNG involved in nearly everything you do.

Want to farm recipe ranks for your professions? it's a 0,2% dropchance from a herb, GL!

Want to farm a legendary? drop rate is fucked in several ways and the whole legendary system is probably the worst thing about the whole expansion, have fun!

Want to run mythic+ dungeons for chance of loot? Well the keystones, loot at the end and dungeon modifiers are all also complete RNG, enjoy!

Seriously, RNG is fine and all but they need to tone it the fuck down.

Agreed. WAY too much RNG. It's discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    Nah. I am good. Thankfully, I don't have this spoiled urge to get everything now and then cry when I can't progress further.
    This is the mindset you should have playing an MMO, if it was too quick and easy people would make threads saying there's nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    WQ are getting tedious, boring and feel like work.
    I noticed that while each separate quest finishes fast, the amount of travelling between them (even with whistle, just the flight paths and travel to quest) makes it way longer to finish than back when dailies concentrated around a daily hub for a faction. And that's even skipping the quests that are too long, too annoying or too hard to get to (I did darkbrul arena once and never again).

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Legendary drops hurt metagame. Their bad luck insurance doesn't work. Not when people have 2 already and lots don't have any. In the next week people will be walking around obliterating stuff with two legendaries. Silly.
    I know a guy who has FOUR legendaries already. 1 month into expansion.

I'm entertained by the fact that Ion said there are so many world quest it will take you months to see a repeated quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I'm entertained by the fact that Ion said there are so many world quest it will take you months to see a repeated quest.
    Yeah....um...what the hell happened on that? The dev responsible for world quests also said during a Q&A stream there would be thousands of them....clearly that is 100% false as of right now.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2016-10-03 at 12:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I like Legions story. I like Demon Hunters, some what.

I hate how Legion is setting up an obvious Argus expansion after it.

I don't like the Order Halls implementation. They feel underwhelming or awesome with no in between.

So yeah, I am getting a little bored.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I'm thinking of re-subbing in a month or so.
    Starting clean from level 1.

Too much RNG to the point that 2 friends who do mythic+ together regularly and never apart has 20 ilvl difference after 10 days. 845 vs 865 he also has 3 legendaries while rest of us got none.

I too am bored with Legion and unsubbed. If I had to boil it down to one reason, I think it's because I'm completely over the themepark MMO design that has shaped WoW for so long. That's something that is unlikely to ever change, so I felt it was time to unsub and bid farewell to the game. However, there are a few specific issues that drove me away sooner rather than later: world quests are incredibly repetitive, but unfortunately important to character progression (AP, order hall resources); the broken WoD economy carried over to Legion and made raiding for WoD-skippers such as myself difficult (flask prices, potion prices, resource prices); Mythic+ loot tied to a timer following the "gogogogo!" design of MoP's challenge mode dungeons (I did get all gold in MoP's CMs, but didn't find the format all that enjoyable); extremely alt-unfriendly design (Suramar zone/rep, AP/AK, hoping RNG is on your side to get a legendary; legendary/artifact quest chain); and lastly, the layers of RNG upon RNG designed to stretch out the content.

I am bored with world quests and the mission table, but I'm still enjoying the endgame, and I enjoy mythic dungeons though the time limit on mythic + still kind of deters me from being eager to do them just like challenge modes.

too much RNG and mythic+ gear outclassing raid gear made is so that I'm 855 and only 4/7 normal but I have no care to do normal raid oh wait I should still do it because it can RNG proc to 880+ woo.. There should be a limit of how high a gear can proc to like +15 not +50 ilvls. I've seen a blue world quest on my alt proc 870 gloves which is better than my mains whos got 10 days /played at 110. For those people who want to be the best prepared that means all content is relevant for too long due to RNG proc chances.

I already have 1 legendary but heroic dungeon spam is still viable because that 825 gear could titanforge or another legendary could drop which I can use in 2 weeks after class talent research is completed..