Deleted

Holding Aggro against other tanks buged?

So i was raiding yesterday and i dont know if i do anything wrong or its just a bug?

Me as prot warrior and a monk tank was tanking EN normal mode. And i didnt could hold the aggro from trash. The monk always catched the aggro...

What do i do wrong or is it a bug or a feature?

i Spam my skills as good as i could.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neither a bug nor a feature, just a warrior issue. We deal mediocre damage and our big threat generators have uncomfortable cooldown.Just make sure to insta battle cry and pack the first critical shieldslam into the taunt window (200% threat) and you´ll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

The only chance you have for holding threat on AOE packs is to Battle Cry with all your AOE abilities. Heroic Leap (Battle Cry mid air), tclapping, Neltharion's Fury (bc ends by the time this is done channeling), shield block, revenge, tclap....and hope you keep procing AOE from blocking.

Our aoe threat is garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xade View Post
    Our aoe threat is garbage.
    We have AoE Threat?! Why was I not informed?

All kidding aside I just let my DH tank tank the thrash. If he has trouble sustaining on hardhitting thrash try to get him to do less AoE and throw taunts of CD. If he doesn't, oh well, throw an intercept and be ready to turn the adds away from your raid when he dies

First, ask yourself if you need to aoe tank. If there are 5 trash mobs, then tab between two of them. Your aoe threat is enough to hold over dps if other tank dies and you pulled 2/5 of the mobs off other tank.

Basically other tanks have better aoe damage than us but our single target is enough to pull a few targeted mobs off them.

So last night on Heroic Cenarius I had the opposite problem: I was on boss, and my co-tank (DK) was on adds. When the adds spawned, I would often pick one of them up from range without trying, before he could grab it. They definitely weren't within 8 yards of me, and I wasn't using TC anyway. Once I even pulled an add off him -- apparently from more than 30 yards away.

Our best guess: Inspiring Presence. But that would be crazy right? That would mean it gives healing threat to the Warrior, possibly with a tank threat multiplier. Anyone know what the deal is or have similar experiences?
    Last edited by Brewschii; 2016-09-30 at 02:06 PM.

I noticed some adds bee-lining to me on Cen. I thought it was IP giving me a 1.4 million healing threat but might be IP.

Either way MD was enough to pull it off me.

And I just noticed Ignore Pain and Inspiring Presecne have the same acronym.

Deleted
    I dont have a aoe aggro problem vs DH, because DH die so fast on big trash pulls
    Last edited by mmoc952dfd0a13; 2016-09-30 at 02:45 PM.

I've never had a problem on Cenarius. I'm miles away from the rest of the raid and where the adds spawn. If you're pulling aggro without even doing anything then something is going wrong somewhere as even just DPS hitting the adds would overcome any "healing" aggro from both IPs, which i am 99% sure is complete bollocks.

Is your DK tank hitting the boss instead of picking the adds up instantly or something? ;p

But yeah, my off-tank is a DH. I just AFK on trash, there's literally no point even trying.

Deleted
    Tanking with a Paladin OT and Warrior threat feels pretty abysmal atm.