Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Did at least a +10 every week since mythic+ has been out just to boost my chest, did an 11 last week. Seems I have said "good luck".

tips trics that spec are you runing ? thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freddykr View Post
    For your information; you cannot change talents or specs once you have begun a Mythic+ dungeon. Even if you use a Tome of the Tranquil Mind, you will be unable to respec. Summons also won't work in a mythic+ dungeon.So good luck finding a spec/talent to run +9 and +10 dungeons without gimping your group.
    Doing +10 as Destruction and have a group, but thanks for your concern.

To the poster above, spec that's in fashion is Backdraft/RE/F&B/Sac/Wreck Havoc, also make sure to take Shadowfury - it is amazing in high level M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Doing +10 as Destruction and have a group, but thanks for your concern.

To the poster above, spec that's in fashion is Backdraft/RE/F&B/Sac/Wreck Havoc, also make sure to take Shadowfury - it is amazing in high level M+.
    This. Shadowfury is more than a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by WootWoot View Post
    tips trics that spec are you runing ? thanks
    Most Destruction locks are running BD/RE/F&B/Sac/Havoc with Shadowfury (for the aoe CC) and Burning Rush (because our base run is slow af)

Tips are just RoF/FnB spam on packs of 4+, or do a regular Havoc/Chaos Bolt rotation on 2-3 targets with FnB Incinerates in between. Focus targets your group calls to focus with Havoc'd CB's and you'll be fine.

Demonology warlocks are good only if you dont need to move, dont know any fight that doesnt need movement at all. Blizzard really need to make some spells instant cast or add killjhaeden cunning thing to all spells by default to cast while moving.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Demonology warlocks are good only if you dont need to move, dont know any fight that doesnt need movement at all. Blizzard really need to make some spells instant cast or add killjhaeden cunning thing to all spells by default to cast while moving.
    Shadowflame, Demonwrath, doom, lifetap, darkglare, grim service are all instant casts.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Shadowflame, Demonwrath, doom, lifetap, darkglare, grim service are all instant casts.
    This is a disingenuous response. It's not like you're going to delay your darkglare or most offensive spells application for movement, and demonwrath is just pathetic.

Let's not pretend like demo doesn't have serious flaws, being absolutely dreadful at add switching, priority add burst, being one of the least mobile dps specs (even what little spells you have for movement, they do jackshit), and the ridiculous ramp up and ineffective aoe that makes it one of the worst 5 man specs.

Demo is good and only good at one thing only, long lived single raid bosses with no adds. In any other scenario destro just thrashes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    Most Destruction locks are running BD/RE/F&B/Sac/Havoc with Shadowfury (for the aoe CC) and Burning Rush (because our base run is slow af)

Tips are just RoF/FnB spam on packs of 4+, or do a regular Havoc/Chaos Bolt rotation on 2-3 targets with FnB Incinerates in between. Focus targets your group calls to focus with Havoc'd CB's and you'll be fine.
    Why not Cata? It seems like it would be very useful in dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Leymour View Post
    Because of the cooldown mostly; you only get to use it on every 2-3 packs. it also really hurts your boss and cleave damage to not have RE, because casting Chaos Bolts is a paint. Fire and Brimstone does plenty of sustained AoE - more than enough to run without Cata.

Deleted
    Shadowflame you probably won;t be taking
    Demonwrath is pathetic, it;s the equivalent of the nerfed WoD rain of fire
    Doom is a wasted cast if it's already applied
    Darkglare, well , maybe
    GrimServ...cooldown, and should be backed by immediate Empowerment should it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leymour View Post
    Cooldown, costs too much single target to talent

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Yes, the damage is low, but that's also not what the spell is for. Its main purpose is to generate soul shards. Anecdotal: in all my runs on nythendra/ursoc I cast demonwrath when moving if I'm at or near full mana, and it has consistently given me at least one shard every time I've used the spell once or twice while running.
    Comparing it to Rain of Fire in WoD is a false comparison because said spell didn't generate resources. They have entirely different purposes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Shadowflame you probably won;t be taking
    Doom is a wasted cast if it's already applied
    Darkglare, well , maybe
    GrimServ...cooldown, and should be backed by immediate Empowerment should it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Cooldown, costs too much single target to talent
    idk man, are you sure you know what you are talking about? lol

Shadowflame is either highest dps talent if staked perfectly or equal to demonic calling. why wouldnt you take it?
    I am sure WoD rain of fire wouldnt be so pathetic if it had the chance to give you a full ember pet "tick"..like demonwrath does
    Are you aware that you can have more than one dooms rolling on the same target?
    Noone plays with grim of service in pve, synergy is just better.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    idk man, are you sure you know what you are talking about? lol

Shadowflame is either highest dps talent if staked perfectly or equal to demonic calling. why wouldnt you take it?
    I am sure WoD rain of fire wouldnt be so pathetic if it had the chance to give you a full ember pet "tick"..like demonwrath does
    Are you aware that you can have more than one dooms rolling on the same target?
    Noone plays with grim of service in pve, synergy is just better.
    You are correct, for this raid. Grim Service will have its place, just not on any current fights. Overall dps is never as important as dps on priority targets (unless a single target fight of course). There have been and assuredly will be fights (like Gorefiend, mythic Iskar, Spine, Jin'rok to name a few) where having a huge cd every 1 1/2 minutes will be much more important than overall dps.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    You are correct, for this raid. Grim Service will have its place, just not on any current fights. Overall dps is never as important as dps on priority targets (unless a single target fight of course). There have been and assuredly will be fights (like Gorefiend, mythic Iskar, Spine, Jin'rok to name a few) where having a huge cd every 1 1/2 minutes will be much more important than overall dps.
    Well yes, it still depends though what kind of encounter..For example on gorefiend i dont think service would be worth it for the burst phase since still you have the priority adds, spawning all the time and synergy makes a difference in that. You would take soul harvest though imo since adds dont live enaugh for doom...so HoD would be kidna meh.

What i mean is that currently, it seems that a fight needs to have a lot of specific things (so many thats kidna rare to find all of them in one encounter) to be really worth it over synergy. Not arguing with your points though

Quote Originally Posted by nebiroth99 View Post
    demonwrath is pathetic, it;s the equivalent of the nerfed wod rain of fire
    w h a t i s s h a r d g e n e r a t i o n f o r 5 0 0