Deleted

trinket choice ursoc mythic

Hey there, i really have a hard time to figure out which of my trinkets i should use for ursoc mythic.

I have following trinkets

twisting wind 885 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=139323/t...onus=1507:1807)
    Naraxas tongue 845 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=137349/n...onus=1497:1727)
    six feather fan 835 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=141585/s...fan&bonus=1497)
    horn of valor 850 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=133642/h...onus=1502:3410)
    eye of skovald 850 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=133641/e...onus=1502:3410)

Naraxas is quite difficult because you can not stand in 20 yards range most of the time in reality. In theroy you could because the split AE ursoc does is 20 yards, so you could stand in 20 yards all the time, still in reality that doesn t work at all (also you would have to move way too mucht to allways stand in 20 yards.

Twisting wind is a bad trinket, the question is, does the itemlevel outperform the other trinkets, 1700 agility is a lot but on the other hand the allready pretty weak proc will do even less dmg since the boss will get moved out of the twister all the time (i m wondering if this trinket at its actual state is still BIS for 3+ targets, it seems so bad)

The fact that you can t really calculate or sim how naraxas tongue and twisting wind procs will work out in this fight, i have a really hard time deciding what trinket to choose.

Also i wonder if choosing AMOC over barrage for this fight for increased dps, even tho it means that i sacrifice a lot of my mobility with AMOC

Deleted
    I've not run Mythic but I'll chime in with my experiences of these trinkets + Ursoc on heroic

Winners:
    • Twisting Wind 885 (damn son) - I'd imagine that the raw stats alone mean this must be equipped
    • Nax Tongue - Mastery stat too good to ignore. Also Roaring Cacophony is 25yrd range and I found it possible to stand ~20yards away most of the time. This trinket proc did almost 4% total damage for me on Ursoc HC so I think this is another equip

Losers:
    • Fan is good but there's a known bug with it breaking barrage atm
    • Horn of Valor (I've got a 870 that I don't use) too bad it's versatility because the on-use is great.
    • Eye of Skovald is crit which isn't good enough

830 mastery stat stick sims 30k higher than an 865 wind. I'm pretty sure all the raid trinkets are garbage other than ursocs. I would speculate double mastery stat sticks probably beats everything if they are both 850

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have gone with naraxas tongue and horn of valor and used barrage instead of AMoC. It's quite easy to place yourself so that you are atleast more than 5 yards away from Ursoc. And Horn of Valor is just a good trinket that gives stats.

Twisting winds is quite horrible for Ursoc since the tornado seems to spin away too fast for it to have a chance at dealing dmg while also taking into cosideration the amount of movement Ursoc requires.

Fan is quite bad because of it being able to break barrage during channeling, Eye of Skovald seems to do pretty little damage for single target.
    Barrage is most likely better than AMoC since there are 2 targets up during the fight and also that AMoC don't seem to reset at all if you put it on the miasma bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    How about you use ur brain and realise that this guide is with almost all trinkets simulated at itemlevel 850 and it is not taken into consideration that the boss is moving constantly AND does not take into consideration that you can not allways stay on 20+ yard (for me at least).

But if you can, based on this guide, find out which of my trinkets listed above is the best one for this fight, feel free to tell me.
    Last edited by mmoc5265a260e8; 2016-09-30 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aerlins View Post
    How about you use ur brain and realise that this guide is with almost all trinkets simulated at itemlevel 850 and it is not taken into consideration that the boss is moving constantly AND does not take into consideration that you can not allways stay on 20+ yard (for me at least).
    B-b-but gotta meme hard son #ReadDaGuyd L U L #StraightOuttaHunterDiscord

And yet you expect us to be able to take all of this into account and give a concrete answer? Lol'd.

Only real answer is, try out the ones you think will be most powerful and switch them around and see what works out better, really. If you're using barrage I'd not use the fan (assuming the bug is still live), so going by pure stats I'd probably lean towards the twisting winds and horn, but really, I've got no real clue. Statsticks are always a safe bet tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DekyD View Post
    I would have gone with naraxas tongue and horn of valor and used barrage instead of AMoC. It's quite easy to place yourself so that you are atleast more than 5 yards away from Ursoc. And Horn of Valor is just a good trinket that gives stats.

Twisting winds is quite horrible for Ursoc since the tornado seems to spin away too fast for it to have a chance at dealing dmg while also taking into cosideration the amount of movement Ursoc requires.

Fan is quite bad because of it being able to break barrage during channeling, Eye of Skovald seems to do pretty little damage for single target.
    Barrage is most likely better than AMoC since there are 2 targets up during the fight and also that AMoC don't seem to reset at all if you put it on the miasma bear.
    I have tryed some pulls yesterday with AMoC and i can confirm that it didn t reset one single time when i put it on the additional bear, bug?

I have tryed some pulls yesterday with AMoC and i can confirm that it didn t reset one single time when i put it on the additional bear, bug?
    Did the bear *die* during crows...? I don't think it counts as a death event - pretty sure it's just a deactivation, as logs shows people fighting bear #1 multiple times through the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    And yet you expect us to be able to take all of this into account and give a concrete answer? Lol'd.
    I m just looking for some input....different opinions since im unsure....i thought this is what this forum is all about, i mean otherwise they could just close it and put a link to the guide there instead.

Opinions aren't worth shit to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Did the bear *die* during crows...? I don't think it counts as a death event - pretty sure it's just a deactivation, as logs shows people fighting bear #1 multiple times through the fight.
    It felt like it didn t reset when it should 2-3 times in the fights, but i m not sure, will have to check logs....was just wondering those 2-3 times and blamed myself for bad timing for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Opinions aren't worth shit to you.
    wow

why so rude?

It's not rude. Opinions aren't worth shit to you. No one is going to be able to solve your trinket question with an opinion because the answer to the question is almost completely objective.

The Naraxas proc was 10.3k dps, so at 10 yards of range it would do 5k less DPS, instantly making it second-worst. So obviously the choice is fight dependent, though most fights do allow you to 10-20 yards of range all the time. If you're in melee for like half the fight, or important phases of the fight, you'd switch to Six-Feather Fan over Naraxas, probably.

I don't have the Twisting Wind trinket myself so I can't attest to exactly how fucked the tornado positioning is, something about them moving away from the target after they spawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheJazz View Post
    B-b-but gotta meme hard son #ReadDaGuyd L U L #StraightOuttaHunterDiscord
    haha EleGiggle hunter discord azor-worship den even though he barely speaks here amirite ^^ LUL

In practice Twisting Wind is garbage. The proc is terrible and does not contribute as much damage over the course of a fight as Naraxas' or Fan.