Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alorithin View Post
    gl + 10 with fury. Healers will oom from tyrannical tank damage before fury st can accomplish anything. And if you get stronger trash, you're ccing so aoe is irrelevant.
    Fury is doing fine in +10. Look at the leaderboards on Warcraft Logs. There are plenty of top comps with a Fury Warrior in their ranks.

Arms is up there too for Mythic 10+ Its all about what your group is doing.

Hey Same dps Talents as arms for mythic +? I feel not very comfortable with FR ...

I always use arms in myth+ because im running with a mm hunter and a feral druid, so the aoe dmg is not a problem.
    I still can use my aoe burst if needed but i really dont need a costant cleave, specially this week with the "enrage" buff from +4 and the tank debuff on +7.
    I need INSTEAD the ability to shut down an high priority target, like the storm guy in halls of valor, and here is where the arms shine

Deleted
    Done up to +7 as arms, and I am happy with how it performs. I usually run with a rogue and fire mage / mm. The only changes I make to the regular talent setup is take shockwave. Depending on the healer and the instance I've found defensive stance to occasionally be more useful than the other options on that tier.

I play Arms in Mythic +. I blow my CDs all the time, regardless if the boss is going to be next or not (except for Avatar if I know the boss is like 30 seconds away from our next pull). After I do my AoE, I switch to single target and they die extremely fast.

There is no right answer to this. Do you want to AoE your adds sustainably? Go Fury, do you want to blow things up and kill bosses faster? Go FR Arms. Also, Arms has better defensive CDs, so it can live longer. This isn't only about the damage increase to Fury, it's the utilities that they didn't give Fury which Arms has.

Wait till next big patch and hear Blizzard say, "Oh, we didn't want Fury to be like that. Here you go guys *gives buffs to Fury.*"
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2016-10-04 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    "Arms has better defensive CDs". Their parry thing is a worse version of Enraged regen imo

"Their parry thing is a worse version of Enraged regen imo" Really? I don't feel they are very comparable. One is a way to mitigate (or completely remove) incoming damage while the other is a way to regain HP. Depending on the scenario, each can be better than than the other.

Deleted
    30% less dmg for 8 sec is kinda ok... And ivv done some 8, 9 and 10+ allready as arms. Arcway and BRH sux big time on 9+

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me like you should play whichever spec is most comfortable with you. They both seem to have strengths and weaknesses, with high level players using each spec at decently high levels of gameplay.

Arms and Fury are a lot closer in balance than say ele and enh, or surv and MM/BM

Go tell a MM hunter he has to reroll surv for better utility lawl. Both warrior dps specs seem fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Seems to me like you should play whichever spec is most comfortable with you. They both seem to have strengths and weaknesses, with high level players using each spec at decently high levels of gameplay.

Arms and Fury are a lot closer in balance than say ele and enh, or surv and MM/BM

Go tell a MM hunter he has to reroll surv for better utility lawl. Both warrior dps specs seem fine
    And u are playing?

Fury is at the bottom of the barrel. Arms is in the middle if we are lucky with RNG. I wouldn't call that fine

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    And u are playing?

Fury is at the bottom of the barrel. Arms is in the middle if we are lucky with RNG. I wouldn't call that fine
    I only ever hear that fury is bottom of the barrel for high high high end mythic raiding and 5mans. For casual content its very fun and its competitive enough in my opinion. Surely bottom of the barrel, but not so much so that its unplayable.

I have been doing arms and fury both casually, not a fan of how prot .... feels... in its current iteration.

BUT MAL PROT IS OP RIGHT NOW YOU IDIOT

I don't care. I belong to the tiny minority of players who play this game to have fun, regardless of current meta.

I also love Havoc, and the nerfs don't bother me.

I think the Ret paladin rotation is fun, just not enough mobility in a lot of fights.

I mained an ele sham through wrath cata and mop, but will not touch it this xpac, personal dislike to the resource system we use now.

I have every class to at least 100, except monk, 76.

inb4 MAL YOURE TROLLING

no, these are my honest opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkar View Post
    THANK YOU, this is pretty much what I've said over and over. His only raiding experience is LFR and 2 clears of Normal Emerald Nightmare since his warriors creation, he states he had a warlock saying this with it

"Lmao if you don't believe me, don't believe me. I don't give a fuck what some fat nerd on the internet thinks or believes. I raided at the highest level from Vanilla to WOTLK. Back when raiding was actually hard and raids don't get cleared in 3 days." The guild he said he raided in, "Good Game - Zenedar" They were an actual guild, the issue is on wowprogress their Gm actually has a really old recruitment message stating that they started raiding early BC, which clearly shows he was lying.
    LOL that quote should have ended with -said every 12yr old raider ever

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to be lower than 2nd in dps charts for any mythic ive done. Im normally top. wether i just know wtf im doing or my dungeonmates dont has yet to be determined. But im not seeing a huge gap between arms and fury.

Deleted
    So u shouldn't really talk about balance if u don't care about it. Fury may be fine for pure casuals that focus do WQ and normals mostly, but he fall far behind even on HC EN

I don't agree with your friend, but i disagree with the general direction people are taking in this thread. From what I am reading, the consensus seems to be Fury is as good if not better than arms in mythic+.

Correct me if I am wrong, but per warcraft logs (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/9) Arms is out performing Fury across the board. I tried a variety of percentiles and keystone difficulty levels, and in almost every combination i looked at Arms was better than Fury. Fury and arms are tied at 75th percentile at keystone 8, but if you set it to 90th percentile arms becomes better, which would be expected given how Arms works. I understand that design wise it would make sense for Fury to be better, and that it is possible the better players are playing Arms atm, but I don't think we should ignore the data either.

Fury is viable, but the data suggests Arms is probably better (not for the reasons your friend listed, he is still an idiot).

Fury because superior AoE compared to arms.