[Holy] Al'maiesh, the Cord of Hope thoughts.

Hey guys,

So last night after completing a mythic+ Nelth Lair I finally got my first legendary from one of the chests (I would post links but MMO-Champ requires me to post a few times first...). And on top of that, I happened to win the RNG lotto because this is considered one of the best legendaries for both raids and mythic+.

Now, as we all know, the strongest of the lvl 75 talents is Surge of Light because it offers us a bit of mobility and mana efficiency. After some testing, I discovered that Binding Heal will actually give stacks for BOTH HW: Serenity and HW: Sanctuary which leads me to this question: is that enough to drop Surge of Light? In raid settings, I find myself casting both holy words, but moreso HW: Sanctuary on CD which doesn't give a lot of opportunity to accumulate the buff from the belt. Moreover, for group/multi-target healing, Prayer of Heaing is definitely more mana efficient (in terms of HP per mana) and provides better throughput. I'm not sure if using PoH less in order to fit in Binding Heal to stack the buff would be a net gain or not, but I do know for sure it would have an effect on mana (no more free Flash Heals -- SoL saves you 30k mana each time and its proc rate is frequent). Utilizing Binding Heal will definitely change playstyle when it comes to AoE healing in order to maximize the benefit from the belt.

Any thoughts? I'm not sure how many HPriests have been lucky enough to roll this piece yet, so any personal experience or even speculative ideas+theories from anyone will be greatly appreciated. There isn't much discussion about this yet that I could find on google, but I think this is the right place to start!

Thanks everyone.

Binding Heal is great in 5mans, but kinda shit in raids, unless you're in 10man or something.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Binding Heal is great in 5mans, but kinda shit in raids, unless you're in 10man or something.
    Yeah, for sure. I'm going to start running Binding Heal for Mythic+ now especially after discovering how it interacts with the belt proc. It makes both holy words hit like trucks.

Deleted
    Careful with your mana, binding costs a hell of a lot, which is a significant change from surge which saves you mana. Doesn't make as much difference in 5-mans where you can drink often but bear it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Careful with your mana, binding costs a hell of a lot
    It costs 33,000.

Flash Heal costs 30,800.

So only ~10% more than a Flash Heal.

It has the same mana efficiency as Heal, if it doesn't overheal on yourself. Even if it overheals on yourself, it still has higher mana efficiency than Flash Heal.

The problem is that it only hits 2 targets other than yourself, so it's not very good in raids. Great in 5mans because there's only 5 targets, but crap in raids because there's 10+.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It costs 33,000.

Flash Heal costs 30,800.

So only ~10% more than a Flash Heal.

It has the same mana efficiency as Heal, if it doesn't overheal on yourself. Even if it overheals on yourself, it still has higher mana efficiency than Flash Heal.

The problem is that it only hits 2 targets other than yourself, so it's not very good in raids. Great in 5mans because there's only 5 targets, but crap in raids because there's 10+.
    That's not necessarily true. With trail of light Flash Heal has higher efficiency than Heal. I'm not a fan of the belt myself since generating serendipity generally means you're being inefficient already. It may be good for helping cover for these inefficiencies but serenity is already critting for the full up of a tank as it is so adding more doesn't usually help. And you should never use PoH except for right after a sanctify when you have the PoH buff. So it shouldn't even add sanctify stacks at all.

This belt might be ok if benediction plus enduring renew ever becomes good since you could take Binding Heal to snipe renew. I don't see that happening though since renew isn't very good. Holy legendaries overall are pretty sucky. It seems like blizz expected us to go the renew build with all of these legendaries supporting that build.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahzra View Post
    That's not necessarily true. With trail of light Flash Heal has higher efficiency than Heal. I'm not a fan of the belt myself since generating serendipity generally means you're being inefficient already. It may be good for helping cover for these inefficiencies but serenity is already critting for the full up of a tank as it is so adding more doesn't usually help. And you should never use PoH except for right after a sanctify when you have the PoH buff. So it shouldn't even add sanctify stacks at all.

This belt might be ok if benediction plus enduring renew ever becomes good since you could take Binding Heal to snipe renew. I don't see that happening though since renew isn't very good. Holy legendaries overall are pretty sucky. It seems like blizz expected us to go the renew build with all of these legendaries supporting that build.
    Right, I noticed that unless I'm using PoH specifically to gain the healing stack, it's rare that ill get any meaningful bonus healing toward Sanctuary. You're exactly right when you say you should be using Sanc right BEFORE your PoH. PoH is just way too costly to use it to build stacks. However, I noticed that during low damage periods I can spam Heal to build up 5 serenity stacks, and then hold off on healing the tank (in 5 mans) until they reach 30%ish and just completely top them off and give them a ridiculous Echo tick, usually upwards of 500k/tick. Other than that I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't fit into our proper healing playstyle, since in order to get the most out of it you're forced to expend a lot of extra, unnecessary mana and be a bit careless.

Perhaps the Cord is meant to favor the Piety talent passively upgrading your Sanctify while PoM is bouncing around? Dunno if that makes it "good enough" but just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by cruumash View Post
    Perhaps the Cord is meant to favor the Piety talent passively upgrading your Sanctify while PoM is bouncing around? Dunno if that makes it "good enough" but just a thought.
    Unfortunately Piety only affects PoM cast, not PoM bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    Unfortunately Piety only affects PoM cast, not PoM bounce.
    Drat. I see that you are correct.

Also don't forget the Blessing of T'uure buff that you only get from Heal/Flash Heal crits. That is where Binding Heal really falls off.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y8vpwbnJxyzLCjNh#fight=38&type=auras&source=12&ability=211440

warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y8vpwbnJxyzLCjNh#fight=32&type=auras&source=12&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24149952752.0.0.Priest%24false%24211440&ability= 211440

I tested this out in Heroic last night, and if i'm analyzing these logs correctly, it looks like I only had 11%-16% uptime on the cord buff, which I accumulated mostly from the beginning of the fights when there was no damage going out (intentionally stacking Serenity buff using Heal). Overall, doesn't seem like a huge factor in the grand scheme of things raiding wise. Better application in Mythic+, I'd say. I've seen great results in smaller group content.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Careful with your mana, binding costs a hell of a lot, which is a significant change from surge which saves you mana. Doesn't make as much difference in 5-mans where you can drink often but bear it in mind.
    People like to day that, but it as about as efficient as flash even when you factor in trail of light (since if you drop TOL you will take the mana regeneration talent for 4400mp5) and surge procs, while being higher throughput and better serendipity in a lot of situations.