Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Nice that we have a new MA Blood Relic with ToVs release. I've had such bad luck farming BRH.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Says who? Vendetta increases damage done by abilities and auto-attacks by 30%. Bag of Tricks (aka Poison Bomb) may not be considered an ability, but I'm pretty sure Kingsbane does. Where are you getting this information?

- - - Updated - - -

It's easy as Hell to compare an 840 relic to an 840 relic. But what happens when you compare an 840 Master Assassin relic to an 875 Gushing Wound Relic?

I just want to see someone explain how 35 ilevels is NOT better.
    There's a current bug that it doesn't buff kingsbane ,but it is supposed to.

Says who? Vendetta increases damage done by abilities and auto-attacks by 30%. Bag of Tricks (aka Poison Bomb) may not be considered an ability, but I'm pretty sure Kingsbane does. Where are you getting this information?

- - - Updated - - -

It's easy as Hell to compare an 840 relic to an 840 relic. But what happens when you compare an 840 Master Assassin relic to an 875 Gushing Wound Relic?

Because the overall contribution of our damage as assassination is not affected as much as sub is by weapon damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTish View Post
    I can second this. I have the legendary boots; and with 2 vendetta relics and 1 rupture damage relic i sim at 420k and usually sit around 400-410 in actual encounters. I had 3 860, 875, 880 rupture damage relics, and replaced them with 830 vendetta, 845 vendetta, and 860 rupture and my dps increased by like 40k. having vendetta up for every single exsang and kings bane is worth more than flat rupture 6-9%. I do however not understand how having vendetta up 10s earlier when you still will just hold it for exsang and kingsbane is better but it could be A. my haste is too high (6%) or B. I'm not as smart as the folks who can legitimately do the math. But our equally geared rogue with leg boots as well has 3 vendetta relics all under 845 and she sims at 440k, so who knows. I'm gonna stick with 2 vendetta relics and one rupture damage with the leg boots until i get an extremely high vendetta relic to replace the rupture.
    Think about it like this

Let's suppose Vendetta CD was 10s

In a 100s fight, you could use it 10 times
    If the CD is reduced to 8s, you could use it 12.5 times
    If the CD is reduced to 6s, you could use it 16.6 times
    If the CD is reduced to 4s, you could use it 25 times
    If the CD is reduced to 2s, you could use it 50 times

Noticed the jumps?

This is just so you can see the benefits of reducing something's cooldown a lot, it increases EXPONENTIALLY how many times you can use it on a fight, not linearly ( like Vendetta CD relics + legendary boots putting it to ~43s CD, that is ~8 uses on a 6min fight, instead of the normal ~4, LINES UP WITH EVERY KINGSBANE and even Vanish if you hold it only a few seconds, gets off CD a lil' earlier than Exsang actually, 80* extra seconds of +30% damage, ~520 extra energy because of the trait that refunds it all )

- - - Updated - - -

Says me- you can test it yourself and verify quite easy, its not hard. You act like I'm just trolling.

I will test it next time I play. I think you are trolling, because I've never heard of Vendetta excluding certain abilities. It would make no sense and it's not mentioned anywhere. I'd likely think it was a bug before it was intended.

I could be wrong.
    Providing information (that is actually factual) is now trolling.....got it.

KB is a golden trait as is poison bomb proc - neither benefit from Vendetta - agree its not written anywhere but doesn't change the truth - and I'm not sure its a "bug."

Quote Originally Posted by Zzaj View Post
    Providing information (that is actually factual) is now trolling.....got it.

KB is a golden trait as is poison bomb proc - neither benefit from Vendetta - agree its not written anywhere but doesn't change the truth - and I'm not sure its a "bug."
    But Kingsbane is an ability, is it not? It's in my spellbook with all my other abilites. I see no logical reason for not being affected by Vendetta.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But Kingsbane is an ability, is it not? It's in my spellbook with all my other abilites. I see no logical reason for not being affected by Vendetta.
    It would be nice if it wasn't intended, but I think it's intentional. Many other golden traits don't benefit from modifiers.

It would be nice if it wasn't intended, but I think it's intentional. Many other golden traits don't benefit from modifiers.
    That's terrifyingly consistent indeed, now that you mention it.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

It's an ability, not a passive trait. I'm not shaming you or calling you a liar, I'm just skeptical. You're the only person I've ever seen say that Vendetta doesn't affect the damage of Bag of Tricks and Kingsbane. I realize I can test it, but I have been unable to since I originally quoted you. I will test this and post my results this evening. In all theorycrafting discussions, I haven't heard this.

P.S. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just people spread incorrect information under the guise of "factual" on MMO and forums like this all the time when, in fact, it is pure speculation.
    All good bro.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...40&view=events

Looking at this. The Kingsbane proc at 1:45.333 does 54808 ; after that, Vendetta fades, and the next tick at 1:47.334 crits for 109615 which is exactly double of previous value

All good bro.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...40&view=events

Looking at this. The Kingsbane proc at 1:45.333 does 54808 ; after that, Vendetta fades, and the next tick at 1:47.334 crits for 109615 which is exactly double of previous value
    You can't test this this mid fight. KB gets 20% stronger for each poison application, so to properly test this, click off your poisons and find a target dummy. Make sure to take off any proc trinkets.

Apply KB and watch the ticks, let it go fully through. Then apply KB while vendetta is rolling, and watch as vendetta falls off. Then apply vendetta mid KB to fully flesh out all the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    You can't test this this mid fight. KB gets 20% stronger for each poison application, so to properly test this, click off your poisons and find a target dummy. Make sure to take off any proc trinkets.

Apply KB and watch the ticks, let it go fully through. Then apply KB while vendetta is rolling, and watch as vendetta falls off. Then apply vendetta mid KB to fully flesh out all the possibilities.
    There were no AP procs in that window. I've also checked it for DP, and same thing. Even if there were procs, it would show in the crit dmg being not exactly double.

And the KB buff is 15%.

This isn't like the moon landing.

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Where? I am yet to see this

I'm asking this because on a recent google drive document I saw, one that "lists" every trait's relative "ILVL power", the one that reduces Vendetta CD is said to be ZERO, while this one that increases the Rupture damage was 30 or 34, dunno exactly

I mean, how does one even get there? Shouldn't one see the "overall damage gain" through the whole fight to see, in theory, which rewards the best performance?
    Have you put an effort to check the footnotes on that drive document?

If you are playing AP, "Rupture is our biggest damage source." Argument doesn't have a base in this discussion. Explained:

Here is a log of Pinch's log from mythic nythendra
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16

A boss with a mechanic of having you leave auto attacking/mutilating etc. When you leave the boss your rupture is still ticking. So on this boss rupture is valuable.

Where am I going with this? Here is why:
    Even with a valuable rupture boss, Pinch did a total of 126 million damage. 30 million of it is Rupture.

You can see a list of other abilities with sums up to nearly 96 million damage.

Here is the question you wanna buff your 30 million damage? Or you wanna buff your 95 million may be 1 or may be 2 more times and also get a full energy bar and a damage proc?

Btw don't forget the fact that when you get 3xMA, every 2 minutes(every 2 minute vanish vendetta alignment) you get the biggest dmg version of "OUR BIGGEST DAMAGE SOURCE" (like your opener)
    Last edited by Grusalugg; 2016-11-10 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grusalugg View Post
    Have you put an effort to check the footnotes on that drive document?

If you are playing AP, "Rupture is our biggest damage source." Argument doesn't have a base in this discussion. Explained:

Here is a log of Pinch's log from mythic nythendra
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16

A boss with a mechanic of having you leave auto attacking/mutilating etc. When you leave the boss your rupture is still ticking. So on this boss rupture is valuable.

Where am I going with this? Here is why:
    Even with a valuable rupture boss, Pinch did a total of 126 million damage. 30 million of it is Rupture.

You can see a list of other abilities with sums up to nearly 96 million damage.

Here is the question you wanna buff your 30 million damage? Or you wanna buff your 95 million may be 1 or may be 2 more times and also get a full energy bar and a damage proc?

Btw don't forget the fact that when you get 3xMA, every 2 minutes(every 2 minute vanish vendetta alignment) you get the biggest dmg version of "OUR BIGGEST DAMAGE SOURCE" (like your opener)
    Sorry if like ... a month ago there weren't any "footnotes" and stuff like that on any of the guides ( both Stjern or the other one ), Master Assassin was just stated as "0 ilvl gain" ( on the ILVL one ) when compared to every other relic, I wondered why, if you read a few of the comments both myself and others made through the topic, you'd see we MANY TIMES argued in favor os MA relics instead of Rupture ones, that based on many things such as From the Shadows trait, higher uptime with bonus damage, more often "energy cap checkpoints" for EP users, Vanish alignment, stuff like that

Shouldn't the MA ones buff the entire 126m instead of only 96m?

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Shouldn't the MA ones buff the entire 126m instead of only 96m?
    why took so long , thank you... I rest my case.

With the boots and 2 vendetta relics i have it up for every exang. op as shiz, would take a huge ilvl bump to replace 30% damage with 50% uptime. Considering a 3rd vendetta relic (30 ilvl down) just to make sure this happens with downtine but might not be worth it, what are your thoughts guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Volwrathe View Post
    With the boots and 2 vendetta relics i have it up for every exang. op as shiz, would take a huge ilvl bump to replace 30% damage with 50% uptime. Considering a 3rd vendetta relic (30 ilvl down) just to make sure this happens with downtine but might not be worth it, what are your thoughts guys?
    Worth it if it means making it last/tick for the full Exsangued Rupture, I guess