Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    theres 2 groups of people atm. one group loves the high dps of auto-pad MM and doesn't care about how fun it is or isn't. the other thinks the mechanics of bm/mm are shit and bored despite damage.

i got bored and stopped raiding. i'd rather be mediocre dps with something like mop survival or bm than the choices we have now.

Hunters are fucken' ded m8.
    Of course they don't give a shit. If they did, we wouldn't be in the situation we are in, now would we?

QA Thread is just "misdirection" to "listen" and to sate the anger from the class.

Fucken' ded m8.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by kabbie View Post
    A problem (one among many) that I have around this class fantasy revolves around what Legion has done to MM. Now I've always been able to accept an exception or two like Chimera Shot and Arcane Shot, but to me, the Marksman spec has always been about physical damage.

No fancy tricks, no magic spells, no elemental damage: just me, my traps, this bow (and my wolf). Poison is for rogues, elements are for mages, and pets are for those who can't quick fire a bow with a 100-125 pound pull.

I will calmly stand and aim or run and gun, but my arrows and bullets make opponents bleed, crippled, vulnerable, and dead. I may lay down a trap so you'll die tired trying to get to me, but I know distance and positioning is my defense. OK, maybe a fancy Chimera Shot or Arcane Shot to use up the resources, but otherwise, the MM fantasy is all about a plain ol' mortal archer training themselves to the limits without having to resort to fantastical powers - like the Green Arrow, Hawkeye, or Legolas (but better than all three combined).

So why does this spec have bullshit magical talents like Black Arrow and Murder of Crows and Sidewinder? And where are my traps?
    I agree with this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbie View Post
    A problem (one among many) that I have around this class fantasy revolves around what Legion has done to MM. Now I've always been able to accept an exception or two like Chimera Shot and Arcane Shot, but to me, the Marksman spec has always been about physical damage.

No fancy tricks, no magic spells, no elemental damage: just me, my traps, this bow (and my wolf). Poison is for rogues, elements are for mages, and pets are for those who can't quick fire a bow with a 100-125 pound pull.

I will calmly stand and aim or run and gun, but my arrows and bullets make opponents bleed, crippled, vulnerable, and dead. I may lay down a trap so you'll die tired trying to get to me, but I know distance and positioning is my defense. OK, maybe a fancy Chimera Shot or Arcane Shot to use up the resources, but otherwise, the MM fantasy is all about a plain ol' mortal archer training themselves to the limits without having to resort to fantastical powers - like the Green Arrow, Hawkeye, or Legolas (but better than all three combined).

So why does this spec have bullshit magical talents like Black Arrow and Murder of Crows and Sidewinder? And where are my traps?
    I agree with your version of MM but I disagree that these talents are "bullshit magical talents". Some people really wanted to play the Sylvanas-style Shadow Hunter and saw that as the ideal MM class fantasy. Others wanted the goblin/gnome feel of the old SV specs via explosions etc.

The problem isn't that these options are here but that they are so poorly balanced that there is one very obvious correct spec at the moment. If they were more evenly balanced perhaps we could all have the hunter we want?

Deleted
    They won't do shit until Nighthold is released. Believe it or not.

Only thing they need to change for marks is make sidewinders and patient sniper baseline. Marks basically can't function without those talents.

(inb4 some random scrub who's never set foot in a hard raid talks about their anecdotal evidence with sentinel/explosive shot/piercing shot/trickshot)
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So you played the wrong spec up until WoTLK and are using that to try and +1 up me?

Only thing you went into survival for was for entrapment and MAYBE improved wing clip but that was only for pvp.

I mean if you want to be pedantic we can do that with other classes too - Dark Pact the warlock spell has been in the game since vanilla. A completely true and useless statement.

What matters is when dark pact changed, which is in 5.0. Likewise, Deterrence only became relevant in 3.0.

Try again, 'Vanilla Survival Hunter'

let me guess you had thunderfury too.

heres my hunter that i don't own, play or have played in vanilla, nor have i even witnessed a hunter in game ever and don't even know what the word hunter means.

The fuckin logic around here is palpable
    youre hilarious. dont put words in my mouth, i never said anything about myself and what i was doing in vanilla.. i just said survival had deterence.
    and what is this crap about +1 up you.. this is not a pissing contest.

the fuckin ability to read and understand around here is palpable

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    theres 2 groups of people atm. one group loves the high dps of auto-pad MM and doesn't care about how fun it is or isn't. the other thinks the mechanics of bm/mm are shit and bored despite damage.

i got bored and stopped raiding. i'd rather be mediocre dps with something like mop survival or bm than the choices we have now.
    Yeah, those are the only two groups of thought. No one is allowed to have an opinion except the imaginary people in your mind because "fuck you, I'm posting on the internet!"