Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohliuf View Post
    There are these rare times where you have all buffs up and CL/SS are on cd and you are low on maelstrom. It happens and I always wondered what you should do in these cases. Well wordup answered this exact question on reddit. His answer was: "you wait!".

This means you don't use LL or even FB if you are low on maelstrom and your CL/BF/SS are on cd with FT/FB up already and not close to refresh stage. Waiting for 2-3 secs seems to be better than wasting maelstrom on LL.

PS. If any1 is interested about his opener he said its - BF>FB>FS>CL>FT>DW+SS and then you keep going with the rotation. He also said that you should try and have at least regular SS when you are about to use DW. Dont wait for SS procs to use DW. Hope this helped
    I agree with your post, however I checked his openers few days ago and saw slight modification:
    Speed>prepot>BF>FS+(racial)>CL>FB>FT>DW+SS and then you keep going with the rotation

He probably modified it because, if you use CL early you should get stormbringer proc and also have CL ready once you pop DW and you run out of SS.
    You are also activating aplha wolf buff with this.
    And If you use FB/FT right before DW you have longer time until you have to refresh.

Also if you are lucky and get stormbringer before CL, then skip it, and use it once you run out of SS. (thats what I am doing, didnt see this in Werdups logs, just FYI).

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Elements yes, I hope that's a typo - because if he believes that Boulderfist *costs* Maelstrom, his world is about to change completely :P
    Last edited by mmocc71099b792; 2016-10-26 at 12:32 PM.

Just swapped enha and atm im 843 ilvl, how i do fine dps for my lvl 200k+ but why is crash in the single target rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    I agree with your post, however I checked his openers few days ago and saw slight modification:
    Speed>prepot>BF>FS+(racial)>CL>FB>FT>DW+SS and then you keep going with the rotation

He probably modified it because, if you use CL early you should get stormbringer proc and also have CL ready once you pop DW and you run out of SS.
    You are also activating aplha wolf buff with this.
    And If you use FB/FT right before DW you have longer time until you have to refresh.

Also if you are lucky and get stormbringer before CL, then skip it, and use it once you run out of SS. (thats what I am doing, didnt see this in Werdups logs, just FYI).
    Would you want to Boulderfist again right before Doomwinds to refresh Landslide? Because you'll need to refresh Landslide in right in the middle of doomwinds if you don't. But I'm not sure if that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by thebouta View Post
    Just swapped enha and atm im 843 ilvl, how i do fine dps for my lvl 200k+ but why is crash in the single target rotation?
    Taking into account Crashing Storm and the Stormstrike buff from Gathering Storm, crash represents more damage per maelstrom than lava lash.

Deleted
    221k isnt THAT bad for your ilvl on ilgynoth, considering its a fight with some movement and times where you dont do damage (big add spawning) - also AOE classes shine in this fight (killing blobs).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armosknight View Post
    Would you want to Boulderfist again right before Doomwinds to refresh Landslide? Because you'll need to refresh Landslide in right in the middle of doomwinds if you don't. But I'm not sure if that really matters.
    Yes, never drop landslide buff. Its important.

Quote Originally Posted by Norome View Post
    To be honest, most of the time I'm dealing with multiple Stormstrike procs that just keep coming and thus I often have to hold them off to recast all the buffs (since their uptime is important).
    I'm very rarely in a situation when I have to wait for things to happen.
    Just a question, so when you have Stormstrike procs you want to hold them off if your buffs are almost falling off? I can see why with boulderfist and frostbrand, but flametongue aswell? Since its damage, compared to the other two, is quite low? Where as using that time to start dishing your stormstrikes out might be better or not? Very new Enh shammy here so just hoping to learn

Maintaining Boulder/Hailstorm is top priority. The 8% agility, 5% damage, +5% crit just from boulder gives it top, and hailstorm is just tons of damage. As for stormbringer vs flametongue, I tend to stormbringer first so I don't waste any potential procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastho View Post
    Just a question, so when you have Stormstrike procs you want to hold them off if your buffs are almost falling off? I can see why with boulderfist and frostbrand, but flametongue aswell? Since its damage, compared to the other two, is quite low? Where as using that time to start dishing your stormstrikes out might be better or not? Very new Enh shammy here so just hoping to learn
    There are two kinds of wasted Stormbringer procs:
    1. When you for some weird reason let the proc drop without using it (it lasts for about 12s, so it WILL drop if you don't use it)
    2. When it gets refreshed before you manage to use both (in case of Tempest) charges

Now, the former is obviously a big NO and there's absolutely no reason you might let the proc drop. If for some reason you know beforehand that you're not gonna be able to attack for the next 12 seconds AND you just got the proc (ie running away with a Rot-type debuff), you rather use it unbuffed than not use it at all.

As for the latter, it's a bit tricky to handle it optimally. First of all, just by getting the proc you get the attack speed buff (Wind Strikes) so in theory, you'd want it to proc every three seconds for the uptime.
    Considering Raging Storms (and Gathering Storms in AoE situations) buff the single next Stormstrike, I'd aim for using the first proc charge as soon as it procs. Then refresh the buffs if they're almost off, then proceed as normal.
    AFAIK, the highest chance of Stormbringer proc is from the Stormstrike itself (due to Stormflurry buff?). So, in theory, if you use the first charge and then proceed with the buffs, you should be fine.