Unholy DK - Gear Help Please

Hello everybody. I Was looking for some advice from somebody that knows about the correct gear too be equipping. I'm wondering about Unholy DK.

Here is my armory: character/kiljaeden/valicia/simple

I currently have equipped:
    Neck
    Strand of the Stars-
    wow head - item=137487/strand-of-the-stars&bonus=1826
    Item level 840, 997 stamina, 960 Vers, 808 Mastery, 303 speed.

+

Trinket
    Chrono Shard-
    wow head - item=137419/chrono-shard&bonus=1826
    Item level 845, 1177 Strength

both these items together give me the following bonus:
    Chance too grant me 5,020 haste and 15% moving speed for 10 sec. and also an additional 30% speed with 1000 haste.

These two pieces give me: 25% crit, 15% haste, 62% mastery 5% vers

What I have in my bank and I'm wondering if I should equip or not:

I currently have the choices between two neck pieces,
    Neck #1
    Pendant of the Watchful eye-
    wow head - item=137536/pendant-of-the-watchful-eye&bonus=1826
    Item level 850, 1094 stamina, 629 Crit, 1206 haste

Neck #2
    Blackened Portalstone Necklace
    wow head - item=139332/blackened-portalstone-necklace&bonus=1807
    Item level 850, 1,904 stamina, 1206 crit, 629 haste, 314 avoidance

Trinket
    Ravaged Seed Pod- (Has it's own bonus, check link)
    wow head - item=139320/ravaged-seed-pod&bonus=1807
    Item level 865, 896 haste.

with Neck #1 and trinket my item level is 865 with 23,902 strength, 34,815 stamina, 27% crit, 22%haste, 57% mastery, 3% vers

with Neck #2 and trinket my item level is 865 with 23,902 strength, 34,815 stamina, 28% crit, 20% haste, 57% mastery, 3% vers, 4% avoidance

I tried too format this as neatly as possible so I'm sorry if I made it hard too understand or anything, I'm genuinely curious too which I should have equipped. I've had the neck pieces and my trinket in bank for a while and I'm trying too look at all ways of improvement for raid and mythic pluses so whatever help anyone can suggest I will take. I normally go for item level, but as it gets higher I'm looking to equipped what will provide me with improvement. I realized when I tried posting I'm not aloud links so I took out the url part, there's only one that you may need too look at for the bonus anyways.

Deleted
    can't find that character of yours.
    Ravaged seed pod is shit, sell it.
    Neck wise: Item level 850, 1,904 stamina, 1206 crit, 629 haste, 314 avoidance -> BIS stats, you want crit and haste.

Sorry about that, here it is. wow-heroes.com/character/us/Kil'jaeden/valicia/

So I should be using that neck even over the haste bonus set? And I think all I got in my bank is the Ravaged so I'll use it temp until I get a better drop. And thanks for the info

Deleted
    I would, but worst case keep it until you find a replacement for the 2nd part as well. also, use PP instead of epidemic in any case except for massive AOE fests. spell eater is kinda bad as well, LA is better in about every way since our mobility sucks.

you can compare with : http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Emeriss/Angmaar/

Alright will do. Would you do PP in Mythic + runs as well? I noticed epidemic only helps a lot with tons of adds that have low health really, and it gives a lot of down time so it's annoying. Only reason I had spell eater is because of the legendary cloak, but I'll switch over if you think it's still a better idea? Awesome gear by the way, grats on it. and thanks for all the help man

Deleted
    I like PP because I find epidemic to be... bad most of the time. You do insane AOE via SS+DND with BS talent. Epidemic eats up 3 runes, you bearly regenerate enough without PP and I for one dislike that a lot. Same goes for BGs, yea, you'll top meters with epidemic, will it actually kill anyone? nop - personal choice mostly.

I usually dot the group, pop DT (with infected claws) and FWs apply a lot, pop DnD and spam SS for about 1.5mil dps, then just continue to ST an add with BS which cleaves on everything in sight, rotation seems more fluid, PP works wonders with Apocalyse/SR, I find it more appealing. I had that seed pod last night 885 warforged from nyth mythic, simmed it, it did 3k less dps than hunger of the pach which is 840... so... yea.

I'm still lacking in haste even with this gear (thanks for the grats ), got just 15% I think, wanna go to about 20%, I still feel slow ... I'll be praying for either a ring or a head piece with haste.
    Last edited by mmoc22177c3d8b; 2016-10-20 at 11:35 AM.

You want 30%+ crit and 15-20% haste but I've found out that around 16% haste is my magic number on my toon. I do less dps while having 1% more or less haste. Weird right? This all started happening once I hit the 35-37% crit threshold. I also run PP no matter what, don't even have epidemic on my bars anymore. Pp just makes our rotation smoother, equally more dps in all situations. All epidemic is is a stat paddlers, when you want to cheese high dps on low hp mobs in mythic + dungs. Aside from that, it chokes our rotation and honestly isn't even as satisfying as getting one rune for ever 6 wounds bursts. Bs + pp + ic build all the way, it even sims higher on st compared to si for me too.

awesome thanks for the talent run down, helps a lot. I checked my bank again and I found Memento of Angerboda at 850 item level. Sounds and looks way better than that one you said is trash, so I'm excited too try this new one out. When I look at logs I always see it's a highly used trinket so it must help at least a little bit, can't believe I had that thing just sitting in the bank lol.

- - - Updated - - -

alright thanks man! It make sense that the haste can affect any the rotation differently. I'm gonna have too find that magic number of haste, but for the moment try to get up to 35% crit hopefully soon. Currently at 30% so shouldn't be too far away! And yeah PP is soo much better. I get so frustrated playing without it and trying too run the rotation just makes it so difficult

Quote Originally Posted by oDazzert View Post
    Alright will do. Would you do PP in Mythic + runs as well? I noticed epidemic only helps a lot with tons of adds that have low health really, and it gives a lot of down time so it's annoying. Only reason I had spell eater is because of the legendary cloak, but I'll switch over if you think it's still a better idea? Awesome gear by the way, grats on it. and thanks for all the help man
    In Mythic+ you should go for Epidemic since it makes your AoE damage a lot stronger. I also go for Bursting Sores and Infected Claws.

This is how I personally prefer to AoE in Mythic+ (On 3 or more targets):

- Dark Transformation pre-pull
    - Outbreak
    - Epidemic x2 (Keep the charges rolling)
    - Push in a Death Coil or two to get some runes charging faster (Usually you have some extra Runic Power from previous pull)
    - Death and Decay + Scourge Strike spam (Ignore everything else, except maybe for our dot but that should still be up)
    - After Death and Decay ends you use up the rest of your Epidemic charges
    - If Death and Decay & Epidemic are both unavailable, pop wounds like you normally would

Note that if your targets won't survive this long then you prioritise Epidemic over DnD+Scourge Strike spam (Unless you get lucky and your pet applies a decent amount of wounds)

On two targets you don't use Epidemic. You go for DnD+Scourge Strike spam and usual wound popping.

On single target, Epidemic may also be used as a ranged ability to consume extra runes (But keep 3 runes up for your main damage abilities!)
    Last edited by Nayami; 2016-10-22 at 01:22 PM.

PP is good for aoe also, because with DnD you're popping a lot more wounds and getting them back. The big question for me now is defile vs SR, because SR is not always usuable in aoe situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreddyLoix View Post
    PP is good for aoe also, because with DnD you're popping a lot more wounds and getting them back. The big question for me now is defile vs SR, because SR is not always usuable in aoe situations.
    Unfortunately Defile is never worth taking currently. SR is pretty much the only option you have in that row. Hopefully we'll see some talent balance in the near future, but don't count on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is too weak to make defile worth anything. The haste you get from reaper buff is better.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.