blizzard voice chat

so anyone tried this yet? how well does it work?

Very clear, little lag, its not made by blizzard and has been in OW since forever, it works quite well. Only thing is, it lacks MANY of the options of even the other free voip (discord, curse, etc)

The hell would I use it for when I have Discord? Just gonna be like Blizzard Streaming and WoW Voice Chat. Barely anyone will actually use it and it will fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The hell would I use it for when I have Discord? Just gonna be like Blizzard Streaming and WoW Voice Chat. Barely anyone will actually use it and it will fade away.
    Ain't going anywhere with it's prevalence in overwatch, probably didn't take much to just add it to the launcher so... it'll be around for as long as Overwatch is

(though discord has pretty much taken over everything for our guild outside of OW so not using it there :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    so anyone tried this yet? how well does it work?
    GAH, there's another thread cut/paste

so new update on the battle.net program, Voice chat across all games with your friends.

since it's using a separate program than the in game voice chat, it's less likely to cause the game to lag, but it is still possible.
    Who thinks this is another (WTF BLIZZ wasting dev time!!!!)
    Think anyone is going to use this?

As guilds have established VoiP servers set up between many services, i don't see many people even giving it a shot for things like raiding.
    might get taken up for some players in blizz's other games, who knows.

main thing i'd need, is it having a low footprint(memory used etc) and at least decent quality.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'm considering it, if it isn't too laggy on a satellite connection.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

It works really well, clearer than the TS3 my guild uses. It needs a voice sensitivity/voice activation option though as it picks everything up when you have it on always open mic.

I would consider using it over TS if it had that and more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    since it's using a separate program than the in game voice chat, it's less likely to cause the game to lag, but it is still possible.

I know this is going to sound completely crazy, but Blizzard has other games than WoW. You know like Diablo, Starcraft, Hearthstone, even Overwatch.

Time to stop thinking small, WoW isn't Blizzard's only game. You didn't lose a raid because a completely different group who has nothing to do with WoW, added VOIP to the Blizzard launcher.

Did you know Steam as VOIP as part of the steam client? Ubisoft's UPlay has VOIP, EA's Origin has VOIP. It's almost like it's a industry standard on game launchers now.

As guilds have established VoiP servers set up between many services, i don't see many people even giving it a shot for things like raiding.
    Might be a good choice for pug raids where people don't want to give out the name/password for guild VoIP or use public Vent. Everyone will have it by default, so there no waiting for people to log it in, download it, or sign up for an account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used it in Overwatch, and it's actually pretty great there. Don't anticipate I will be using it in other games, unless WoW PuGs start using it a lot. For regular raiding, I like the added functionality that a full on client gives and wouldn't want to give that up.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I am liking it actually. Sure, it will not replace other programs for guilds like Team Speak or Discord, but voice chat works pretty well honestly. Will have great use for this when playing Heroes of the Storm for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not tried it yet, but the primary problem I can see, is the lack of settings / premade 'invite' lists.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    No voice activation -> using Teamspeak

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    No voice activation -> using Teamspeak
    Voice activation can be absolutely horrible though, depending on your voice and style of speaking, and how sensitive the activation is. If it's too sensitive, it activates from every little sound you make, and pisses everyone on the channel off constantly. If it's not sensitive enough, every time you start speaking, the first syllable is missing, and it pisses everyone on the channel off constantly.

Push-to-talk is so much more reliable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Voice activation can be absolutely horrible though, depending on your voice and style of speaking, and how sensitive the activation is. If it's too sensitive, it activates from every little sound you make, and pisses everyone on the channel off constantly. If it's not sensitive enough, every time you start speaking, the first syllable is missing, and it pisses everyone on the channel off constantly.

Push-to-talk is so much more reliable.
    Having the option to turn on Voice activation is fairly nice though. But I do agree that PTT is much better, since you can then also do other stuff than just keep quiet the time. And also getting called/someone knocking on the door won't interrupt everyone else

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it, it works fine for a friend or 2 but unless you have everybody you are raiding with as a friend it will still be better to use another program. The other downside is it doesnt have real good noise cancellation.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

GAH, there's another thread cut/paste

so new update on the battle.net program, Voice chat across all games with your friends.

might get taken up for some players in blizz's other games, who knows.
    I think it will be used. I play with other people and friends. Not all of us raids or in the same guild, so a third party voice chat is not always available. Also not all guilds may have a voip server. So it would be useful for these groups of people. It might also be useful in PUGs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Works a lot better than Discord.

Loooool... /remembers the content patch that was delayed due to in-game voice chat that no one used.

We use Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Skype. Start spending development time on in-game stuff please.

Deleted
    if they make it more convenient to use then the free alternatives without compromising on quality and the most important features, yeah it can have a future this time around.

like if they enable push to talk by default and make a ingame way for your group to join a channel (group leader has invited you to voice chat, accept yes/no) , maybe a guild channel, ofcourse a mute function for pugs/retards, etc.

beats having to copy paste a discord link or TS/vent/mumble login details.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-10-21 at 04:02 PM.