Since legion launch outlaw had some issues, but since he was topping the charts no one was complaining. But after it was nerfed and other classes being buffed, these issues became obvious. some are: inconsistency from (RTB), lack of dmg (GS), energy starvation and only little benefit from BL (compared to other classes). there might be others but these are the ones that i think can be easily fixed.

for RTB: it might help if the number of buffs are reduced to 4 by merging the worst buffs (EX. merge Jolly Roger with Grand Melee & Broadsides with
Buried Treasure). this way it is easier to handle and although people might think the merged ones will be op, but they are not since there are times you will want to roll for shark infested waters or true bearing (pull and BL) the rest you will need the energy...ETC

ghostly strike (GS): can use some love (imo): increase the dmg buff it gives by 5% and duration to 30 sec and have it spread to targets in blade furry range when BF is active.

internal CD on abilities really frustrates me, especially during BL and AR: it can be reduced a little to have the spec feel lighter. another thing that needs a little tweek is the energy cost of sabre slash, maybe reduce it or have the artefact talents address it instead of only fishing moves(reduce the cost of all abilities by %10 or so)

Finally, i feel that mark of death is the bread and butter of rogues, so it should be a regular ability for all specs and revamp the last to talent tiers, say have a tier that lets u chose between canon barrage, death from above and killing spree. since these are for aoe mostly and each one has its uses and (pos & cons).

canon barrage (good aoe dmg but long cooldown).
DFO (good dmg but uses CP).
KS (GOOD when low in energy but not alot of dmg and can preposition u to bad spots).

this way u chose your preference.

these are just my ideas, let me know your thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Other thoughts on how to improve RTB:

1) have it give all buffs but with random duration's, therefore you can chose to keep or roll depending on the buff you need at a certain time.

2) you start with all but in first rank (a first rank buff gives less), then your abilities have a chance to level up the rank of the buff (rank 2 is the same as current state) till rank 3 which is max rank for a buff and here each buff gets a added bonus foe EX:
Shark infested water get crit dmg
true bearing will get abilities recover faster
assuming the merge happens,Broadsides with Grand Melee will get armor penetration
Buried Treasure with Jolly Roger will get blunderbuss on free pistol shots

the chance of gaining a random buff rank up increases as the boss gets lower in health so by the time he is 30% you have all rank 3.
Finally when getting all rank three they will add to a single buff you can call (fate sealed ).

alternate thing is to have 2 ranks and have the bonus as an active (15 sec) that can be triggered if you have at least one rank 2 buff (but have ranking up happen more frequent so you do it often). that way when you have good rank 2 buffs you activate the bonus, then the cycle resets, this is good to use with other cool downs.

well, i know this might be op in cases and bad in cases (slow ramp up dmg is hated when in dungeons) but i just want away to salvage the spec .
let me know your thoughts.