If you AREN'T getting recipes from NOMI...

I have heard a lot of people complain "nomi hasn't given me a recipe in weeks". I was one of those people as well. Until I discovered you have to kill certain rare mobs and loot certain recipes. Once I collected these recipes all of a sudden Nomi is giving me a recipe/rank up every time I log on. Additionally, you can't get the rare/good recipes until you learn all of these since the foods from them are ingredients for better food.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ipe_locations/

Bear Tartare: Gives Sprint after kill. Location: Morduigbjorn(Rare Spawn in Runewood-Eastern Stormheim)
    Deep Fried Mossgill: 225 Haste. !Shriek No More -Western Val'Sharah near Bradensbrook
    Dried Mackerel Strips: Restore HP/MP. !Too Many Cooks. Given after learning a different Legion cooking recipe. Turn in in Dalaran
    Faronaar Fizz: 225 Vers. !Magister of Mixology. Mid Aszuna- north east of Illidari Stand
    Fighter Chow: 1000% HP regen. !Morale Booster. Mid Aszuna-South east of Illidari Stand-in a cave
    Pickled Stormray: 225 Mastery. !A Heavy Burden. Mid Stormheim-in town of Valdisdall
    Salt and Pepper Shank: 225 Crit. !I'm not Lion!. Mid High Mountain- North east of Trueshot Lodge
    Spiced Rib Roast: Pepperbreath Fireballs(proc to shoot fireballs). !Time to Collect. Only available after !What a Ripoff quest chain in Stormheim. Pick up in Dalaran
    Suramar Surf and Turf: 300 Haste. Combine Recipe: Surf and Recipe: Turf(Unknown where to find these recipes as of this time)
    Koi Scented Stormray: 300 Vers. Sold by Markus Hjobruk after completing Jandvik's Jarl quest chain in Suramar
    Barracuda Mrglgagh: 300 Mastery. !Murlocs the Next Generation. Very northern tip of High Mountain
    Leybeque Ribs: 300 Crit. Myonix(Rare spawn Suramar-Just west of Tal'Anor)
    Drogbar Style Salmon: Pepperbreath Fireballs. World drop from Drogbar in Highmountain
    Azshari Salad: 375 Haste. Nomi Discovery
    Seed Battered Fish Plate: 375 Vers. Nomi Discovery
    Nightborne Delicacy Platter: 375 Mastery. Nomi Discovery
    The Hungry Magister: 375 Crit. Nomi Discovery
    Fishbrul Special: Pepperbreath Fireball. Nomi Discovery
    Hope people can now continue their cooking adventure! Good luck and I hope I at least helped one person.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2016-10-24 at 07:11 PM.

thats not related at all, i know every legion cooking recipe, people are complaining about getting rank 3 versions which often take 1-2 weeks just to get one of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    uhh... i havel earned every recipe, and been giving nomi food every time i have the chance to, h has not given me a single recipe rank up in 2 weeks...

thats what people are complaining about... not that they arnt getting recipes from him, that hes not giving recipe upgrades, ive been giving him nothing but lean shanks and runescale coi in hopes of suramar surf and turf rank 3, or azshari salad rank 2 or 3... nothing for 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    thats not related at all, i know every legion cooking recipe, people are complaining about getting rank 3 versions which often take 1-2 weeks just to get one of them.
    Yeah I have rank 2 of everything so all I need is rank 3, I haven't got a recipe in weeks.

That's for the rank 1 version of some of the recipe's. People are complaining about rank 2 and 3, not getting the base recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Nomi Discovery" is lame.
    It would be useful if they actually said which food you needed to give Nomi to find this recipe.
    This information is already available in the game or by an easy wowhead search.
    Use Nomicakes addon it will tell you what recipies you can learn with the food in your bags when you talk to him and if you type /nomicakes it will list out all you don't know and the requirements

It's the normal thing for random multi discovery things the first several take bugger all time and are a nice constant stream because you have Xchances to discover items with individual rolls on each item, later ones take fucking forever because you have Xchances at a much reduced number of items to roll on. BC jewelcrafting patterns for the meta diamonds were the same, you had to hope you got the "good ones" before they were all that was left on the table because the last few will take fucking forever to roll up, my JC got her last BC meta pattern in late Cata.

To explain it possibly more clearly (possibly not how it actually works numbers wise but mechanics I'm fairly sure are correct),

You have 6 items in Nomi's queue that gives you six roll chances on say 20 items you have say a .1% chance per 20x6 rolls so 120 chances for it to meet the .1% chance, later you've received 15 of those items you now have a .1%chance per 5x6 rolls now it's 30 chances to meet the .1% chance so much much less likely to give you anything.

I would also suspect that Nomi has differing chances based on ranks as well say rank 1 is 2%, rank 2 is 1% and rank 3 is .1% or something so you got all the rank 1's fairly easily even when the number of chances at them became low, the rank 2's were a little less likely, but the rank 3's are in the multiple wins on lotteries range.

This also causes some problems with the perception of how you are gaining the items or whatever because you start out with a nice constant flow that is your expectation which is based on a inflated chance to gain "some" item. Even right at the start of the rank the chance for each different type was the same very low chance it was just you had other ones to get so while the individual chance was low the overall chance of getting something was high.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2016-10-24 at 08:52 PM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Use Nomicakes addon it will tell you what recipies you can learn with the food in your bags when you talk to him and if you type /nomicakes it will list out all you don't know and the requirements
    Was not aware of that.
    Useful as the work orders UI and therefore the addon will only display those you have sufficient materials for.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Suramar Surf and Turf: 300 Haste. Combine Recipe: Surf and Recipe: Turf(Unknown where to find these recipes as of this time)
    Surf drops from the crab-type mobs on the Azsuna side of Suramar, Turf drops from the deer around Crimson Thicket flightpath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Surf drops from the crab-type mobs on the Azsuna side of Suramar, Turf drops from the deer around Crimson Thicket flightpath.
    Yea, farmed this the other day in about 15-20 min. Helps if you have the Azuregale Bay storyline done too, you can find lots of crabs there just on and around the beach.

Completely untrue OP. I've been trying for over a month to get Rank 3 of the +375 Mastery Food, and the game straight up tells me it comes from the test kitchen. Just like the previous ranks did. And I know we early people who got rank 3 via the test kitchen almost instantly after learning rank 2.

Some rank 1 re wipes do indeed come from outside the test kitchen, but the majority of people complaining about Nomi are attempting g to get higher ranks of receipts they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Eh, it's trivial anyway since you just need to give him one of any of the materials for the recipe you're looking for. Wouldn't be much of a discovery if it just told you what to do.

Deleted
    People are still buying into that scam? Heh.

I have every food recipe

I have not recieved a lvl 3 Cooking recipe from Nomi ever

in 9 weeks not a single recipe ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    This is the truth of it. I have all those recipes up to rank 2. I killed all those mobs in early September and learned all the rank 1s. Rank 2 recipes came at a decent clip, 1 or 2 of them a week. But rank 3... I only have about half of them at rank 3. I finally stopped giving Nomi work orders when I went 5 weeks without getting a single rank 3 recipe. That's about two weeks ago now, that I dropped Nomi.

I am a completionist and thus I'd like to get the rank 3s, but it should not be something I have to spend years doing. It's cooking for pete's sake. It shouldn't have a .0001% drop rate like the freaking Love Rocket.