Thread: Enhacement AOE?

Enhacement AOE?

I have a bad time in Mythic +. I do shit aoe compared to my monk and DH friends, but icy veins says we have good substained aoe.. how? What do i use to do good aoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    I have a bad time in Mythic +. I do shit aoe compared to my monk and DH friends, but icy veins says we have good substained aoe.. how? What do i use to do good aoe?
    Icy veins is lying to you. Unless the mobs are positioned perfectly and you already have all your buffs up your AoE is going to be sub-par. You are never going to beat a decent AoE class who knows what they are doing.

We aren't there for the aoe, were there to f the boss up, aoe stun, purge and hero.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    I only do good when everything is lined up perfectly for me. I notice the longer the aoe fight is going on the more I catch up so I guess that's why they say sustain aoe is ok. I hope it gets buffed though, I dont see why some specs should be amazing in both aoe and st while others ONLY have one area? Like ok, sure I have BL and purge but so does a mage.

sometimes if stuff is spread out, crashing storms and crash lightning cant actually hit all of it (it has a very small aoe zone) and it might be better to just use it for the buff rather than on cd (this isn't that frequent but it's worth accounting for) and then hitting it again when stuff gets more condensed

honestly our aoe isn't that bad and kind of middle of the pack if stuff is all very close to each other, but our aoe radius from our own moves is tiny and the aoe from feral spirits relies on your uncontrollable dogs that no longer have a pet bar being retarded

let someone else in your group brings the hard aoe work and bring your A game for bosses with some crash lightning cleave and focused dps on higher hp mobs on trash and you should be able to contribute in M+ well though, even if your dps is low

feral spirits bring me nearly on monk levels on trash packs but dh is just unbeatable.

Deleted
    So this is enhancement:

- Your single target DPS is amazing
    - Your AOE consists of the same amazing single target DPS, and then an AOE spell that does 184% weapon damage over six seconds to all targets, and a 100% weapon damage cleave whenever you Stormstrike and Lava Lash.

There is a few more benefits to AOE - Crash Lightning has a chance to proc Stormbringer per target hit, so you are most likely seeing more Stormbringer procs in AOE sitations, and buffs like Unleash Doom (and Doom Vortex, heh) are stronger for AOE than for single target. Additionally, if you have the Crash Lightning buff up, you are actually also doing an additional 100% weapon damage to your main target as well, which shouldn't be discounted either.

So the benefit of our AOE is that we are able to maintain our single target DPS while still cleaving other enemies at the same time. If you swap targets from time to time, you can spread out the damage a little bit to help even out how fast the mobs are going down.

The overall damage should still be good, and on par with other classes, but you need to be sure that you keep your enhancements up on yourself, and position yourself so that your Crash Lightning and cleave hits all targets.

Your AOE is buffing up your single target, basically. Pick a priority target (there usually is one in a m+ pack) and chunk them down faster than anyone else possibly could.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I only do good when everything is lined up perfectly for me. I notice the longer the aoe fight is going on the more I catch up so I guess that's why they say sustain aoe is ok. I hope it gets buffed though, I dont see why some specs should be amazing in both aoe and st while others ONLY have one area? Like ok, sure I have BL and purge but so does a mage.
    We are currently strong on single target. Very strong. Only shadows are much better and very good assa rogues/ferals can keep up. Fire mages are still op, a very good fire mage can pull strong single target numbers too.

It's okay.

We just cant keep up on AOE. That's no issue as long as we are so strong on ST though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    So this is enhancement:

- Your single target DPS is amazing
    - Your AOE consists of the same amazing single target DPS, and then an AOE spell that does 184% weapon damage over six seconds to all targets, and a 100% weapon damage cleave whenever you Stormstrike and Lava Lash.

There is a few more benefits to AOE - Crash Lightning has a chance to proc Stormbringer per target hit, so you are most likely seeing more Stormbringer procs in AOE sitations, and buffs like Unleash Doom (and Doom Vortex, heh) are stronger for AOE than for single target. Additionally, if you have the Crash Lightning buff up, you are actually also doing an additional 100% weapon damage to your main target as well, which shouldn't be discounted either.

So the benefit of our AOE is that we are able to maintain our single target DPS while still cleaving other enemies at the same time. If you swap targets from time to time, you can spread out the damage a little bit to help even out how fast the mobs are going down.

The overall damage should still be good, and on par with other classes, but you need to be sure that you keep your enhancements up on yourself, and position yourself so that your Crash Lightning and cleave hits all targets.
    No. Our AOE is barely on the same level. A DH can start at 5mio dps, a fire mage can start at 8mio dps and go down to 2.5 mio dps over 25 sec. Even elementals have much stronger cleave/AOE than us.

But that's no issue as long as we are amazing on single target. Don't tell people they can keep up on AOE with mages, DHs, monks, DKs or so. That's simply not possible. Not even with the right legendaries.

But that's balance. Ferals and assa are also strong on signle target, but suffer on AOE fights. Others (Outlaw, monk, DK and of course DH) are simply much weaker on single target, but much stronger on AOE. That's currently okay.

I still wonder what would've been possible if we had WOD fire nova in the current mythic + setting. We'd have been amazing for mythic + and bad for raiding. So we are mediocre for m+ and very good for most raid bosses.

Elemental btw is quite the other way around. Elemental is amazing for mythic +, but pretty weak in raids. Btw, they arent as weak as claimed though. I'm running with 2 elementals and they have their moments.

Deleted
    There will always be some specs that are better than others, but that doesn't really change the fact that we are on par with other classes in general. While DH and Mages and Ele Shamans might beat us, we can certainly dish out a lot of AOE damage ourselves, and while we can't beat EVERY class, we can beat some. Which is fine.

But that's not the same as saying that our "AOE is barely on the same level". It might not be on the same level as a Fire Mage, but it's certainly competitive.

Deleted
    But the difference is HUGE. Fire mages can beat us by 400% upwards. They can deal more aoe damage in 10 sec than we can in 60 sec. The same for dhs.

The problem is: fire mages are absolutely on our level on single target. They have no problems pulling the same or higher numbers. And they still excel on AOE.

They are pretty much the only ones with insane AOE AND very strong single target. The other strong AOE DDs somewhat are mediocre or weak at single target.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how someone can say our AOE is competitive, when i've seen tanks pull more DPS on huge aoe pulls than we do. We are very strong ST and on pulls in the 3-5 range, but in actually full on AOE we get completely creamed by almost, if not all, classes. Especially in lower end mythic + (sub 5 range) where adds are moved and big packs are pulled, we seem to lag very far behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    But the difference is HUGE. Fire mages can beat us by 400% upwards. They can deal more aoe damage in 10 sec than we can in 60 sec. The same for dhs.

The problem is: fire mages are absolutely on our level on single target. They have no problems pulling the same or higher numbers. And they still excel on AOE.

They are pretty much the only ones with insane AOE AND very strong single target. The other strong AOE DDs somewhat are mediocre or weak at single target.
    Yes, the difference is huge - if you only compare us to the specs that out-damage us. But if you look at all damage specs, I don't think we can complain about how we're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareem View Post
    Not sure how someone can say our AOE is competitive, when i've seen tanks pull more DPS on huge aoe pulls than we do. We are very strong ST and on pulls in the 3-5 range, but in actually full on AOE we get completely creamed by almost, if not all, classes. Especially in lower end mythic + (sub 5 range) where adds are moved and big packs are pulled, we seem to lag very far behind.
    And that is an issue with tanks, not with enhancement shamans. If a tank is out-AOE'ing us, they are likely also doing more damage than some of the other DPS'ers in the group.