Ranked arena and RBG healers in 7.1

since the start of legion I've casually been leveling 3 of my healers (rsham, mistweaver, rdruid) but its become increasingly difficult to keep them anywhere near competitive in terms of honour and artifact power so I think I'm just going to stick to 1 main in 7.1

as things currently stand, rsham and mw seem pretty strong, and rdruid are a bit squishy. With the rsham (no more aura mastery) and mw nerfs (soothing mist heal reduction) coming in the patch, what do you think the new state of healers will be?

The current arena ladders dont give a very good representation of class strength because a lot of people would have climbed before any nerfs that have since been implemented

Do you think the rsham and mw nerfs will hurt them enough to see them drop in representation? Or will we see more rdruids due to their incoming buff?

I'm asking strictly from a ranked arena (3v3) and rated battleground perspective

MW Monk > HPal > Rsham > Disc Priest > RDruid more or less next patch.

There will of course be some exceptions, MW Monks don't work great with Mage/Rogue while RDruid and Disc Priest do for example.

EDIT: Just pointing out this is solely for arenas, I don't do RBGs and don't know anything about them.
    Last edited by Rucati; 2016-10-25 at 08:51 AM.

not saying you are wrong ^ but are you sure rdroods will be dead last? I read somewhere, that they got some minor buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Essentially disc priests and Rdruids have only mage/rogue synergy to make them viable in 3s, while other healers have a myriad of viable comps they can run.

For RBGs MW>Rdruid>Disc>Everything else(as in you won't see anything else past 2k on a team making a serious comp)

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkhobo View Post
    For RBGs MW>Rdruid>Disc>Everything else(as in you won't see anything else past 2k on a team making a serious comp)
    what makes rdruid viable for RBG if theyre not viable in arena outside of specific comps?

And no rsham or pally in RBG for bubble/spirit link?

Quote Originally Posted by Nem2k View Post
    what makes rdruid viable for RBG if theyre not viable in arena outside of specific comps?
    I don't do RBGs, but I imagine it's because Rdruids are great support healers. Right now the two biggest problems with RDruids is having their HoTs dispelled, and being switch to and bursted down. With 10 targets your HoTs aren't all getting dispelled like they are in arenas, and with two other healers on your side you won't get switch to and killed right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I don't do RBGs, but I imagine it's because Rdruids are great support healers. Right now the two biggest problems with RDruids is having their HoTs dispelled, and being switch to and bursted down. With 10 targets your HoTs aren't all getting dispelled like they are in arenas, and with two other healers on your side you won't get switch to and killed right away.
    That and you are slippery (more than others with only monk coming close), and are an ideal healer to go with the flag return group because of stealth. It takes a lot of nerfs to make rdruids lose spots in rbgs, current weaknesses aren't enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nem2k View Post
    And no rsham or pally in RBG for bubble/spirit link?
    Don't know about paladins, but rshams are definitely in rbgs.

Right now I would say resto druid is best healer in the game just because of thorns. Once thorns gets hotfixed though we'll come crashing back down to earth.