Affliction 7.1 nerfed instead of buffed?

I really hope I'm seeing something wrong here. But before I logged last night, i took pictures of every single damage spell I have. I'm showing nerfs almost across the board in damage with 7.1 live compared to what I was showing yesterday. I'll post my results below, hopefully something is wrong here or there's a tooltip glitch. I see a minor buff to Phantom Singularity and Drain Soul, with across the board nerfs to everything else on top of 12% Contagion now...

Before After
    UA - 281.9k / 6.6 secs 242.7k / 6.6 secs
    Agony- 292.2k / 18 252.5k / 18
    Corruption- 205.2 / 14 185.1k / 14
    Siphon L - 210.75k 181.5k
    Drain Life- 274.4k 236.1k
    PhantomS- 431k 451k
    Drain Soul- 334.3 356.5

7+ Year Old Account
    Noticed that too. Anybody have any insight?

Deleted
    I am trying to figure out what caused our dps to drop rather than go up, as was intended.

Some responded on the official Warcraft forums and said there was a bug on live that decreased the duration and increased the damage as a modifier based on haste percentage. So if you had 20% haste you were showing that the dot was doing 20% more damage on the tool tip, but in reality it wasn't. I have no way to confirm that but hopefully that is all it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloose View Post
    Some responded on the official Warcraft forums and said there was a bug on live that decreased the duration and increased the damage as a modifier based on haste percentage. So if you had 20% haste you were showing that the dot was doing 20% more damage on the tool tip, but in reality it wasn't. I have no way to confirm that but hopefully that is all it is.
    Still 7.0 in EU, just logged in to check, and this seems to very much be the case. My UA doesn't hit for as much as the tooltip says, after taking into account crit chance and what not. I removed a trinket with int and haste, and the difference was definitely not made up by the loss of int alone on the tooltip. The haste gets calculated as damage on the tooltip, but haste doesn't increase the damage of the dot.

I wonder if this is something Blizz is aware of :P

Edit: Even better, replaced the haste + int trinket with a pure int trinket, the pure int trinket has more int, yet the tooltip listed less damage. So yeah, that was/is definitely a thing.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-10-25 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Still 7.0 in EU, just logged in to check, and this seems to very much be the case. My UA doesn't hit for as much as the tooltip says, after taking into account crit chance and what not. I removed a trinket with int and haste, and the difference was definitely not made up by the loss of int alone on the tooltip. The haste gets calculated as damage on the tooltip, but haste doesn't increase the damage of the dot.

I wonder if this is something Blizz is aware of :P

Edit: Even better, replaced the haste + int trinket with a pure int trinket, the pure int trinket has more int, yet the tooltip listed less damage. So yeah, that was/is definitely a thing.
    Haste does not affect UA other than its initial cast time. This was a design decision to prevent double dipping from haste(More haste = more Shards = More UA = More UA Ticks). Haste only reduces the duration of UA, but the amount of ticks stay the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Haste does not affect UA other than its initial cast time. This was a design decision to prevent double dipping from haste(More haste = more Shards = More UA = More UA Ticks). Haste only reduces the duration of UA, but the amount of ticks stay the same.
    That's my point. UA tooltip (All affliction tooltips actually) multiplies haste as a damage modifier. So 30% haste, damage multiplied by 1.3 on tooltip. Even though the spells don't work that way. My trinket swapping showed that pretty plainly (Int + haste had tooltips show higher damage than more int + no haste).

Edit: Unsure if siphon life, corruption and agony work like the tooltips would suggest, but drain life does the same, even though the channel duration just gets cut and you don't get additional ticks. The tooltip for drain life shows total damage over X seconds, and the shorter duration results in the increase in DPS, but haste is also multiplied onto drain life damage in the tooltip, so it shows more damage than it actually does.

Edit2: Okay, UA and Drain Life tooltips on 7.0 are bugged, the rest work fine. UA and Drain Life multiply damage by haste on tooltip, even though they shouldn't. Which is why my trinket with haste + int showed them doing more damage on tooltip compared to a trinket with higher int and no secondary stats, even though they actually deal less damage with that trinket equipped. The other dots, Haunt, and Phantom Singularity had tooltips that worked fine. Which is a bit worrying considering the OP.

Did you guys check if they accidentally removed haste scaling from all tooltips in 7.1, meaning the tooltips are bugged? Or did the damage actually get nerfed on those spells?
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-10-25 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    Contaigion got nerfed hard, could that be the issue, or is it just a tooltip error?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously affliction was so OP they needed to nerf us :S

Quote Originally Posted by Soloose View Post
    This is, in fact, truth, i notice with my SPriest, stay 20s on Voidform (gaining 20% of haste), buff the tooltip damage on Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain.

Comprounding horror pretty big nerf. Now without reap it will hit for 11k for me(1 stack), with reap 12k I guess some moron who designed it should read what "doubling" means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Comprounding horror pretty big nerf. Now without reap it will hit for 11k for me(1 stack), with reap 12k I guess some moron who designed it should read what "doubling" means.
    Does it proc twice as often? If it procced twice as often AND dealt twice the damage, it wouldn't exactly be twice as powerful.

Reap is really vague in that regard though, would be nice to have a clearer indication of what actually happens when you activate it.