Thread: New Potion?

7+ Year Old Account

New Potion?

So this new potion, Potion of Prolonged Power, is this going to be what I need to prepot and use during fight? What do you guys think?
    What's your safe word?

I believe so!

I want to drop de recipe Dont know if there is a good spot to farm it tho :/

PS: Just found on discord that Old War still better than the new pot, however, just for a small margein they say.
    Last edited by Pepehands; 2016-10-25 at 07:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where is this info about Old War being better?
    What's your safe word?

Old War and Deadly Grace are still WAY more powerful, these potions are alternative options that cost considerably less gold for less power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where are you guys getting this data from? Just saying it's better doesn't mean it is without numbers.
    What's your safe word?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it incredibly hard to believe that this new potion is vastly inferior to old war. Mainly because this one is a 1 minute duration.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I think it could also depend on your gear. For a 830 ilvl character, 2.5k strength is actually a considerable boost. Old War / Grace are crap for us, honestly, mainly because (I might be mistaken here, since I don't know for sure how these potions exactly work) a) our pets and non-melee attacks do not trigger OW, and they are actually a great deal of our damage; b) we don't have direct %damage CDs like e.g. ret pals do. Given a 870 pal and a 870 udk, the former will do just twice as much damage with OW.

Unlike OW, strength actually boosts our pets and non-melee attacks and is not that much dependent on %damage buffs. Besides, given the duration of the new potion, Gargoyle is buffed for its entire life plus we can use 2 SRs within its duration.

pretty sure the new potions are mostly meant to be "budget-friendly" and dungeon spam, and/or heavy AOE pots, but I'm sure someone will sim it - for now, it does however seem like old war and grace are substantially better, still.

i did heroic farm using only the new pots and got a nice dps

On the dk discord they are saying that old war is still a slight upgrade if your min maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    I want to drop de recipe Dont know if there is a good spot to farm it tho :/
    Seems to be just a random drop off mobs. Got it on my DK after killing roughly 6-7 mobs for the pvp world quest in Highmountain, and got it on my alt after killing a handful of mobs as well. So don't think it's that rare of a drop (unless I'm incredibly lucky - which hasn't seemed to have translated to legendary drops).

Hmm difficult tbh. Even if the old pots were suboptimal for us, their dps gain was ludicrous. 2500 str for 1 minute though .. probably comes down to burst phases, activity and other things as well.