OS Emissary Cache loot in 7.1?

I've done two emissary quests today, and received OS loot both times. I got an Iron relic (only usable by Prot) and an Intellect/Vers trinket, both while in Ret spec with Ret loot spec selected. I've never had this happen before, having done every emissary cache available since launch.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or has this always been the case and just never happened to me once before? If caches no longer respect loot spec, does that mean you could get an OS legendary from them against your wishes? Pretty concerning.

Deleted
    This has always been the case. Same with WQ rewards. It does not mean you'll get an offspecc Legendary however.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    This has always been the case. Same with WQ rewards. It does not mean you'll get an offspecc Legendary however.
    Ah, thanks. Weird that I had never had it happen before, having done something like 57 caches on my main and probably 30 or so across my alts.

Have to hand it to Blizzard and its "Smart" loot system lol

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Yep. You no longer have an excuse to not have reasonable gear in your offspecs. What a crying shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has nothing to do with that.

Emissary and WQ reward class rewards, not specc rewards it seems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Yep. You no longer have an excuse to not have reasonable gear in your offspecs. What a crying shame.
    You still have the perfectly valid excuse that you're not willing to play a particular spec.

Nope still no Holy Relics to play them off specs with, permission to cry now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Has nothing to do with that.

Emissary and WQ reward class rewards, not specc rewards it seems.
    Leveling struggles to award me spec specific stuff, even when I didn't have the other specs unlocked. a dozen Shadow Relics, a dozen blood relics, number of holy relics, one.

It gives loot for off-specs you don't even have, though. I get Blood relics on my Death Knight even though I only have the Frost artifact unlocked. I'm not interested in tanking, I'd much rather get an upgrade for what I'm currently using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope still no Holy Relics to play them off specs with, permission to cry now?

Leveling struggles to award me spec specific stuff, even when I didn't have the other specs unlocked. a dozen Shadow Relics, a dozen blood relics, number of holy relics, one.
    Leveling is different. I got a lot of holy relics during leveling, just rare to see one in raid/wq
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It gives loot for off-specs you don't even have, though. I get Blood relics on my Death Knight even though I only have the Frost artifact unlocked. I'm not interested in tanking, I'd much rather get an upgrade for what I'm currently using.
    You still have the spec though. Blizzard are trying to push you to play a Death Knight, not a Frost Death Knight.

But yes, I agree, it's a somewhat dumb system, but if they only gave stuff for artifacts you'd unlocked, you would have more people without an offspec because they want gear for their MS instead

Ive had WQ offer a lot of OS gear,

Ive never had OS gear from caches though, but I do know people who have had legendary items for their os in their caches

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You still have the spec though. Blizzard are trying to push you to play a Death Knight, not a Frost Death Knight.

But yes, I agree, it's a somewhat dumb system, but if they only gave stuff for artifacts you'd unlocked, you would have more people without an offspec because they want gear for their MS instead
    If Blizzard wanted someone to play solely the class "Death Knight" wouldnt the better option be an Ap system that has the ability to swap between weapons? Its stupid to have 1 spec open and I can't get a Holy Relic to save my life, let alone replace the other one thats still 110 levels lower then my current ilvl. But that Blood Relic, well lets give the 3..

Bout the only good thing from the current system, no Str/Agi on my Int only Priest.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Ive had WQ offer a lot of OS gear,

Ive never had OS gear from caches though, but I do know people who have had legendary items for their os in their caches
    I usually tank but I've had my loot set to Havoc because I don't like the Veng legendary items - knowing my luck I'll get "OS" tank leg when I have dps set as MS >_>
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I usually tank but I've had my loot set to Havoc because I don't like the Veng legendary items - knowing my luck I'll get "OS" tank leg when I have dps set as MS >_>
    I've never heard of ppl getting legendarys for their os. Other items sure, but not legendary. hes just trolling.