Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The slider was removed as we saw that very few players were using it to reduce their maximum zoom distance. The majority of players have been using the mousewheel to zoom in/out as needed.

From 7.1 the camera max distance will be set to the current max slider value of 1.9. by default

Additionally, the current CVar for camera max distance will been changed to cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor.

This means the console command for the furthest possible max zoom will be:

/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6

This will persist between sessions. A lower value can be set if you prefer the maximum possible zoom distance to be closer to your character.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...issing-on-ptr/
    Thanks very much, didn't see this anywhere else and was confused as to why the old CVar wasn't working.

Why does Blizz insist fighting us on the max camera distance?

People want to be zoomed out more. Stop fucking telling us it's wrong to want to be able to play the game the way we want to.

If I'm playing melee I actually (surprisingly) don't want to be stuffed literally up the asshole of whatever boss I'm fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The command doesn't work for me.
    Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    AGAIN??? They also nerfed it greatly in v7.0

- - - Updated - - -

2.6 is crap...

Pre v7.0 I used 75... V7.0 nerfed it to 6... And now 2.6????
    Used 75. Cap was 4 / 50 based on the command you used(it was the same distance) and now its 2.6 w/e its still better than base 1.9 they capped it at for like a week before they went back on it and raised it a tad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The tens of thousands of people demanding longer camera zoom when it got nerfed, disagree.
    I think that's a case of what people are used to rather than actual need. WoW is the only game I know of which allows you to zoom out as far as you do, any other MMO I've ever tried hasn't even been close to it. Furthermore Blizzard themselves stated that the mechanics weren't designed with that zoom in mind, meaning you're supposed to be able to handle it further zoomed in. If you can't, I'd say that's a problem with you, not the camera zoom.

I wonder if people wouldn't rather be playing something like WC3 than WoW with the ridiculous zoom people play with...

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    I think that's a case of what people are used to rather than actual need.
    And exactly who are you to tell people what they do and do not need?

WoW is the only game I know of which allows you to zoom out as far as you do, any other MMO I've ever tried hasn't even been close to it.
    Rift and Ragnarok Online allow zooming that far, just off the top of my head.

Furthermore Blizzard themselves stated that the mechanics weren't designed with that zoom in mind, meaning you're supposed to be able to handle it further zoomed in. If you can't, I'd say that's a problem with you, not the camera zoom.
    Nobody said that we "can't handle mechanics" with closer zoom. Further zoom just makes things easier on our eyes.

I wonder if people wouldn't rather be playing something like WC3 than WoW with the ridiculous zoom people play with...
    And again, you continue to insult and belittle anyone who doesn't share your opinions.

Step off the high horse, please.

Deleted
    And exactly who are you to tell people what they do and do not need?
    Need as in what amount is enough for them to properly handle a challenge set up for them. You tell me to "get off my high horse" when you use ignorant arguments like this? Blizzard themselves when setting out to design a challenge also decide what amount of information should be enough to handle the challenge they create, as in, they set up how much information you need. So who am I? Noone, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's a good argument as every developer of anything ever actually has to define these lines.

Rift and Ragnarok Online allow zooming that far, just off the top of my head.
    Great, haven't played either of them.

And again, you continue to insult and belittle anyone who doesn't share your opinions.

Step off the high horse, please.
    I neither insulted nor belittled anyone in your quotation, you're misinterpreting my words.

Lol.

The only way you could possibly zoom out far enough for "everything" to be so small that you "barely see it" is with external addons that allow you to far surpass the maximum camera zoom.

This was max camera zoom back in MoP: http://i.imgur.com/OCFFU8u.jpg

If that's "so small that you can barely see it", then I'd suggest getting your eyes checked.

The tens of thousands of people demanding longer camera zoom when it got nerfed, disagree.
    People complaining are more vocal than those happy.
    Only silly people resort to using a volume of voices as an argument.
    Blizzard themselves said that if they found a solution to the motion sickness, something they found to not be attributed to the reduced zoom then you could have lost even more.
    Getting a compromise increase was only a bandaid fix.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-27 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Need as in what amount is enough for them to properly handle a challenge set up for them.
    And you're telling other people what is "enough" for them. You are deciding for yourself, what is right for other people, and then insulting anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Off the high horse pls.

Great, haven't played either of them.
    Hey, you're the one who brought it up.

I neither insulted nor belittled anyone in your quotation, you're misinterpreting my words.
    If you seriously think that making a snide, passive-aggressive comparison between an MMO and an RTS based on how people like to zoom a camera out is not insulting at all, you're either trolling or delusional.

I'll assume the former and stop replying to you now.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    People complaining are more vocal than those happy. Only silly people resort to using a volume of voices as an argument.
    And crying "vocal minority! vocal minority!" to hand-waive the opposition's argument, is also something only silly people resort to.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-10-27 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There must be something wrong with my game then. Currently my zoom keeps zooming out back to Pre-Legion distance. It would be great if there wasn't alot of obstacles (especially in Court of Stars) that block the camera.

Deleted
    It is very upsetting for me personally that Blizzard seems to continue to use the game's own shortcomings as means to make content (seem) more difficult. The camera not zooming out wide enough to see where a [insert any circley area here] comes from towards you is just one of those.

Helya in MoS is the best example for that (EDIT: I'm playing a caster, just as a point of reference): If you move your camera to see the boss, you will not be able to see stuff under your feet because of the wall behind you. If you move your camera to see the floor (to see what's under your feet), then you won't see the boss doing the thing with the hand in P1 or where the spitty thing goes to in P2.

To me, this is not making the fight any harder, just more annoying because it's so blatantly obvious that the lack of an appropriate tool artificially makes this encounter "difficult".

That is a bit like setting up a game of "who puts the nail fully into the wooden block the quickest" and then not providing a hammer to do so and bragging that noone has beaten your game yet.

Anyway, I guess it's easier and cheaper to do that than to come up with actually challenging game mechanics.

Deleted
    Just now on the trade chat:

Can't please them all, I guess.

For me the most annoying part is the game constantly putting my Camera in some of the worse positions I have ever seen. I feel like I am constantly having to zoom the camera just to counter act the enviroment. Find a position that is perfect, go thru a portal or tele and its back to being zoomed the fuck out.

Still not as bad as the game struggling to understand tab targeting thru2 mobs in the entire zone.

And crying "vocal minority! vocal minority!" to hand-waive the opposition's argument, is also something only silly people resort to.
    Then provide a better argument instead of telling me about the "number of voices".
    I was not using that as my argument, just an observation of a poor one.

If you don't like that being pointed out then don't use it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-27 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    And you're telling other people what is "enough" for them. You are deciding for yourself, what is right for other people, and then insulting anyone who doesn't agree with you.
    No, I'm basing it off Blizzard's own response, that they design the encounters with a certain zoom in mind, which is far more zoomed in than the current maximum, meaning, you're supposed to be able to handle it with only that amount of zoom. Those are not my words, they are Blizzard's, feel free to disagree with them however.

Hey, you're the one who brought it up.
    Are those the only MMO's out there perhaps? No? Then your argument is moot. I've played Wildstar, Warhammer Online and SWTOR, none of which allowed you to zoom out anywhere near the same distance as WoW for as far as I remember, nor did you need to.

If you seriously think that making a snide, passive-aggressive comparison between an MMO and an RTS based on how people like to zoom a camera out is not insulting at all, you're either trolling or delusional.

I'll assume the former and stop replying to you now.
    And you're not passive-aggressive against me right now?

I compared it to an RTS because that's what it honestly looks like, people are so zoomed out you would think they were on a gryphon high above the actual battlefield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Negative..
    In TBC and WOTLK, the max was 50.
    It was raised to 75 in Cataclysm... And then difference was very visible..
    And in Legion it was reduced to 6 (and then apparently 2,6)...
    Checked it again. It was 10. Beyond 10 made no differences.

/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6 worked for me...

My macro did not have the "Zoom" part of it in. Double check to see if yours does. It should read exactly as the blue post has it. Once I put the Zoom in between Max and Factor, it worked.