Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    I'm fairly certain the new potions will out do Old War for Frost, Due to getting 2 full Pillars (With Icecap) and Fallen Crusade also buffing it.
    I think the potion is strong now, but just because of our "low" strength numbers. I am not very well geared and the potion is a 10% strength increase for me right now. As the expansion goes on, our strength will go up and the potion will stay the same number so it's value will decrease over time. Old War should not have that problem since it is essentially an echo potion.

I would say just about everyone could get close to the same numbers with the far cheaper potion for this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    My change is just an ugly workaround to get it's damage in line to what I see in game.
    That wasn't what I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I think the potion is strong now, but just because of our "low" strength numbers. I am not very well geared and the potion is a 10% strength increase for me right now. As the expansion goes on, our strength will go up and the potion will stay the same number so it's value will decrease over time. Old War should not have that problem since it is essentially an echo potion.

I would say just about everyone could get close to the same numbers with the far cheaper potion for this tier.
    But does the potion's 2500 str get affected by our 20% from pillar and 15% from fallen crusader enchant? If so then the more strength we have the better strength gets for us with the potion, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post

Old war has nothing to do with an "echo potion" despite its tooltip using that word. It's a simple damage proc on a PPM basis and that's extremely obvious if you just look at a raid log and compare old war between different classes. The only significant differences you'll see is number of procs for classes with haste buffs (e.g. crusade >50% haste), damage for classes with global damage buffs (e.g. crusade >50% damage) and crit chance for classes with crit buffs (e.g. battle cry).

Thus it will only scale with your secondary stats (crit, haste, versatility) but so does the new potion.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-29 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdeeds View Post
    But does the potion's 2500 str get affected by our 20% from pillar and 15% from fallen crusader enchant? If so then the more strength we have the better strength gets for us with the potion, right?
    Not exactly. The str from the potion is affected by PoF and FC. But the value of the Potion doesn't increase with the more str we acquire.