Camera Distance Issues

Hey guys, I logged on today and noticed after the patch my camera distance was REALLY far back and there is no slider. How do I go about getting it back closer to default?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just zoom back in using the regular binds. (Or re-bind them if you changed them in the keybindings menu.) Blizzard said that hardly anyone used the slider so they just set it to max by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Just zoom back in using the regular binds. (Or re-bind them if you changed them in the keybindings menu.) Blizzard said that hardly anyone used the slider so they just set it to max by default.
    the problem is, I like to be able to adjust it here and there but this is far beyond anything I have ever set it to scroll back to and its so distracting while playing. my characters look like ants on the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    the problem is, I like to be able to adjust it here and there but this is far beyond anything I have ever set it to scroll back to and its so distracting while playing. my characters look like ants on the screen.
    It certainly looks a bit strange at first, but once you've set the camera zoom manually you rarely have to change it again (some quests will force a camera zoom in or out, but I don't think that really happens above Cataclysm levels) so it's not really an issue. Zoom the camera to whatever distance you're comfortable with and the game will remember it.

Blizzard did not think that setting the maximum zoom lower is going to be a common thing, and so removed the slider.
    The new default is now as high as the bar used to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Hey guys, I logged on today and noticed after the patch my camera distance was REALLY far back and there is no slider. How do I go about getting it back closer to default?
    /console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6

10+ Year Old Account
    Scroll in, unless you rebound your mouse scrolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.