Assa Rogue - Heroic EN Logs - DandyAndy

Hi fellow rogues!

I completed 6/7 bosses in heroic Emerald Nightmare tonight. I did pretty poorly compared to my ilvl colleagues and other rogue parses I have seen.

I would appreciate anyone who could look over the logs and let me know what areas they think I could improve. The most glaring thing is very poor rupture and garrote up-time, but I feel like I am most likely doing other things wrong well. I ran MP/AP and some MP/EX. I don't think I have the crit for EP?

DandyAndy
    Assa Rogue
    ilvl 865
    Crit - 35%
    Haste - 10%
    Mastery - 110%
    Vers - 1%

Edit: Apparently I can't post links till I have a few posts. Dandy on Proudmoore if anyone has the time to search Warcraft logs.

I'm just looking at your ursoc fight. I don't play too much assassination at the moment but toy around with and understand how it works.

80% uptime on rupture is unacceptable. This has to be 100%. This is the main culprit for why you underperformed.

I think at your ilvl you should be running elaborate planning/exsanguinate.

Didn't second pot at bloodlust.

There's probably more but i'll let assasination rogues help ya out more. Just realize that rupture must always be up, and at 6 points.

Quote Originally Posted by milkbonez View Post
    I'm just looking at your ursoc fight. I don't play too much assassination at the moment but toy around with and understand how it works.

80% uptime on rupture is unacceptable. This has to be 100%. This is the main culprit for why you underperformed.

I think at your ilvl you should be running elaborate planning/exsanguinate.

Didn't second pot at bloodlust.

There's probably more but i'll let assasination rogues help ya out more. Just realize that rupture must always be up, and at 6 points.
    Thank you. I appreciate your input.

I had really bad positioning on Ursoc and kept getting caught by the AOE junk on the ground. I'll look into the EP/EX and work on my rupture up-time.

Deleted
    Main things are your rupture and garrote up time .
    Personally i have NP to keep garrote up for 90% of the fight you barely make 70% .
    Personally i would also look in to getting some more Crit gear and drop the mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Main things are your rupture and garrote up time .
    Personally i have NP to keep garrote up for 90% of the fight you barely make 70% .
    Personally i would also look in to getting some more Crit gear and drop the mastery.
    Thank you.

I definitely need to work on my rupture and garrote up times.

I'll be looking for crit gear to trade out some mastery too. Is there a crit % to aim for with EP? I have seen people saying 45-50%.

Looking at Ursoc because it's easy. Your energy is sitting too high a lot of the time, and you're wasting ticks of regen.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=45&spell=103

You're also losing a lot of energy by having poor uptimes. Here's a kill that was 24 seconds shorter (and I was tunneling the boss and not spreading Ruptures) where I had 500 more raw energy regen from VW than you did.

You also spent the first minute of the fight without Agonizing on. I had 6 more Mutilates, 10 more Envenoms, 3 more Garrotes, and 1 more Rupture, in a shorter fight, which means you probably weren't using 6 point Ruptures either, since you didn't have full uptime. You didn't second potion.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Looking at Ursoc because it's easy.
    Yea, Ursoc was by far my worst fight. I knew that one was a lost cause when I looked up and saw deadly poison instead of AP ha.

I think I may be reapplying rupture too soon and losing out on the full damage per application.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by DandyAndy; 2016-10-26 at 07:11 AM.

Well reapplying too soon isn't the issue.
    As stated main problems are: rupture and garote uptime, with rupture being the most significant.

Aim for ~44% raw unbuffed crit, then make your way to spreading between mastery > versatility >>>> haste gear ( haste is useless )

As someone mentioned, you gotta work out hard on the Garrote/Rupture, think about it like this, one or two seconds on the Miasma ground effect won't hurt you that much, on the other hand, if you let Rupture/Garrote off on that fight, they will hurt your DPS more than everything else

Also, Kingsbane should be cast as near as the cooldown as possible, so you can get more casts though the entire fight, AND you should try to keep Envenom buff up during it ( so it will deal more damage on its consecutive stacks )

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Aim for ~44% raw unbuffed crit, then make your way to spreading between mastery > versatility >>>> haste gear ( haste is useless )

As someone mentioned, you gotta work out hard on the Garrote/Rupture, think about it like this, one or two seconds on the Miasma ground effect won't hurt you that much, on the other hand, if you let Rupture/Garrote off on that fight, they will hurt your DPS more than everything else

Also, Kingsbane should be cast as near as the cooldown as possible, so you can get more casts though the entire fight, AND you should try to keep Envenom buff up during it ( so it will deal more damage on its consecutive stacks )
    Thanks Skindown.

Does that mean I want to use envenom at 3+ CP during Kingsbane? With my crit only being 35% right now I don't often get 4 CP from mut.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyAndy View Post
    Thanks Skindown.

Does that mean I want to use envenom at 3+ CP during Kingsbane? With my crit only being 35% right now I don't often get 4 CP from mut.
    That is correct