Sin Crit/Mast ratio and misc Q's.

Anyways lately my sim has been giving me information contrary to the popular guide about the Sin build. I was stacking crit got up to 40% crit and 80% mastery and I simmed it and it told me to stack mastery and wound up switching all my gear to 31% crit and 110% mastery. It is still telling me mastery is higher priority than crit. But from the guide it says you are trying to get a 50+ crit rating.

So I am wondering if I should ignore my sim and just stack crit over all or what.

Also a few minor questions my rotation right now for ST has been

Garote
    Mut to 6cp
    Vendetta/Vanish/Rupture
    Kingsbane
    Envenom

Sometimes it feels very clunky though if I don't double crit mut I wind up sitting at 4 or 5 cp's and have to wait for energy before I can do my initial 6cp rupt.

Is it ever worth it to do a 4 or 5 cp Rupture? Often I am left with the choice of doing one or letting it drop and waiting for energy to get to 6.

Last, I am a little confused as to what Kingsbane actually does, Is it just another poison? And how exactly does Envenom work with it? Am I supposed to just use it as often as possible during Kings even if its just 2 or 3 cp?

Thanks for any info.

Crit/ mastery is a balancing act. Have to get as much mastery as you can (around 110-125% usually is a good spot to be in) while keeping crit up (40-44%, you get 6% crit for mut in art traits to make your 50%).

My opener has been stealth > Garrote > Rupture (energy and pandemic effect) > mut to 6cp (Vendetta when out of energy) > vanish > rupture > mut > KB > envenom and from there just keep dots rolling and keep envenom/EP running during KB windows and EP up full time during vendetta windows. You can use 4-5cp envenoms as needed and you can 5 point rupture if need be but do NOT do less than a 6 cp rupture when you will vanish/vendetta buff it.

KB works as a dot. The more times you apply poison during the duration the stronger that dot gets. Envenom buffs your poison applications so you want it up to buff the dot from KB.

Awesome thanks for the info.

However I cannot reach 110% Mast without crit being around 30% and I cannot reach 40% crit without mastery being around 80%. So until I get better gear is it best to focus on higher crit or higher mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post

However I cannot reach 110% Mast without crit being around 30% and I cannot reach 40% crit without mastery being around 80%. So until I get better gear is it best to focus on higher crit or higher mastery?
    Sim yourself.

Anyways lately my sim has been giving me information contrary to the popular guide about the Sin build. I was stacking crit got up to 40% crit and 80% mastery and I simmed it and it told me to stack mastery and wound up switching all my gear to 31% crit and 110% mastery. It is still telling me mastery is higher priority than crit. But from the guide it says you are trying to get a 50+ crit rating.

So I am wondering if I should ignore my sim and just stack crit over all or what.

Also a few minor questions my rotation right now for ST has been

Garote
    Mut to 6cp
    Vendetta/Vanish/Rupture
    Kingsbane
    Envenom

Sometimes it feels very clunky though if I don't double crit mut I wind up sitting at 4 or 5 cp's and have to wait for energy before I can do my initial 6cp rupt.

Is it ever worth it to do a 4 or 5 cp Rupture? Often I am left with the choice of doing one or letting it drop and waiting for energy to get to 6.

Last, I am a little confused as to what Kingsbane actually does, Is it just another poison? And how exactly does Envenom work with it? Am I supposed to just use it as often as possible during Kings even if its just 2 or 3 cp?

Thanks for any info.
    For your opener I would recommend: Stealth > Garrote > Mutilate > Rupture > Mutilate > Vendetta > Mutilate > If only 5cp use FoK > Vanish > Rupture > Kingsbane > mutilate > envenom.

At this point you'll want to maintain the EP uptime with 2-4cp until KB finishes.

Going into normal rotation: You'll want to prioritize your bleed uptime and envenom at 4+ combo points after pooling about 100-105 energy so you can fit 2 x mutilate + envenom in the EP/Envenom buff window.

Until you can hit 40% crit and 105% mastery (ish doesn't have to be perfect, best to sim yourself for sure answers here) run the bleed build, EP/Exsang. It's more versatile and doesn't require high mastery. Can run it while building your gear set for poison. But for either spec, you want 40-44% crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Until you can hit 40% crit and 105% mastery (ish doesn't have to be perfect, best to sim yourself for sure answers here) run the bleed build, EP/Exsang. It's more versatile and doesn't require high mastery. Can run it while building your gear set for poison. But for either spec, you want 40-44% crit.
    Quick hijack:

I currently have about 33% crit and 119% mastery, with no other gear in my bags to up the crit any further. What would be the best option right now until I get some more drops that get my crit up - EP/AP, EP/Exsang or MP/Exsang?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Quick hijack:

I currently have about 33% crit and 119% mastery, with no other gear in my bags to up the crit any further. What would be the best option right now until I get some more drops that get my crit up - EP/AP, EP/Exsang or MP/Exsang?
    Well definately not MP. I have yet to find any situation where MP passes either EP/AP or EP/Exsang in a raid. MP can be useful in mythic+ dungeons but that's about it. I would tell you to sim both and see what it looks like. With that amount of mastery AP would probably work however if they are close I would say go with Exsang. Better feeling rotation and it gives more energy which should result in more envenoms over the fight. The AP build is at the mercy of luck in some ways so low crit doesn't help it

Deleted
    There arent magic numbers for each spec. For both specs (ep/ap ot ep/exang) a high crit value is the most important. In best in slot 880 or 895 your mastery is below 100%. Both specs are using the same gear setup. The difference between both specs dps wise at full 880 or full 895 is 5% (ep ap is 5% stronger than ep exang)