Deleted

How does Counterstrike perform?

I don't have leveled up Shaman, so I'm curious.

Does it work on players hitting word bosses? Does it performs well in randomBGs?

Deleted
    I've been wondering about that myself (counterstrike and enh pvp in general).
    I guess shaman dont pvp in legion, as there are no threads on this forum :O.
    I quickly lost interest of legion after the first 2 weeks, dont ask me why, so I didn't get to actually test it myself.

The impression I got from yt videos was that it's generally crazy strong if it doesn't die ASAP (resto shamans gettingflamed for being cheaters, killing 3 dps at the same time and that stuff ).

The idea that has had me curious for months is this:

How does a Resto/Enh/Enh arena team perform with 3x Counterstrike Totem?
    Since the totem just deals damage equal to all enemy direct damage done within 20yards, one would assume the lowest hp enemy would receive driple his allies' damage plus enemy damage => being pummeled by the equivalent of ~ 8 dps (assuming you run into a 2melee dps team).

Even under non-optimal circumstances (lots of dot damage/casters out of totem range and such), I'd assume dripple CST to be crazy strong and an almost instant kill.

What makes the all-shaman combo even more intriguing is that you can chain 2 bloodlusts per minute. Downside is that your dps is easy to kite and squishy. But being squishy would mean more damage returned by CST also.

I believe CST will be gone next x-pack, or even during legion. Blizz has never missed theopportunity to strip the single advantage the class had during an x-pack to ensure it doesn't make it into the next one. (classic WF, tbc totem twist and bloodlust stacking, wotlk Feral Spirits, mop selfheal/ascendence+EB, WoD purge and survivability, ...

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    I don't have leveled up Shaman, so I'm curious.

Does it work on players hitting word bosses? Does it performs well in randomBGs?

Counter strike totem is insane, it is a classic noob-punisher, although agaisnt experienced players they will just destroy it, but if you manage to hide it, its insane, deals so much damage!
    I don't think it works on world bosses, i tried..

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    1. It absolutely does in PVP server. I went near a group of alliance doing an elite, dropped a CS totem, and 1 person instantly died!
    2. It's a beast in random bgs since people aren't coordinated. When you are facing better players, they will generally try to kill the totem asap. However, we all know those people don't exist in random bgs =P

7+ Year Old Account
    in 40 man bg's, it is the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by starboy View Post
    1. It absolutely does in PVP server. I went near a group of alliance doing an elite, dropped a CS totem, and 1 person instantly died!
    2. It's a beast in random bgs since people aren't coordinated. When you are facing better players, they will generally try to kill the totem asap. However, we all know those people don't exist in random bgs =P
    That's exactly what I wanted to know. Went on a pvp grind after and just wiped 5+ people on world boss as resto BGs are so easy now too.

Deleted
    Noob destroyer?! More like noob enabler, it's the only way some players can score a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    Noob destroyer?! More like noob enabler, it's the only way some players can score a kill.
    If you die attacking into a Counterstrike totem, isn't that your fault?
    Hi Sephurik