10+ Year Old Account

Cool Karazhan PvP is REAL

Man oh man! Getting to the last part of the Karazhan attunement where you go through the portal that Khadgar creates for you and seeing what I saw... the nostalgia started to rush in!

There were bones everywhere just like it was in TBC when there would be a mountain of bones next to the Karazhan portal.

I absolutely loved it. The first thing i was doing was ganking horde coming through the portal as well. Of course I died a ton of times as well, but it was amazingly fun. I didn't even run the Karazhan dungeon once I saw the chaos ensuing outside.

Did you guys have similar experiences last night on your servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Did you guys have similar experiences last night on your servers?
    i play on a PvE server.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i play on a PvE server.
    What a relevant comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

i play on a PvE server.
    I play on a PvE server too, but that doesn't mean pvp doesn't exist. There were a good 20-30 people battling it out in front of the entrance to Kara, same as there is on raid night in front of EN.

10+ Year Old Account
    i play on a PvE server.
    Thats great and all, but man you should have played on a PvP server last night. It was glorious.

I haven't seen as concentrated of a pile of bones as I did last night since TBC, or the Razorfen Kraul dungeon with the skeleton boss jumping on a pile of bones. haha.

Who activate pvp on a pve realm in front of raid. I was on a PVE realm for years and except a people or two i've never seen an actual faction fight at any entrance.

Thats great and all, but man you should have played on a PvP server last night. It was glorious.

I haven't seen as concentrated of a pile of bones as I did last night since TBC, or the Razorfen Kraul dungeon with the skeleton boss jumping on a pile of bones. haha.
    This will be my first time transferring to a PvP server. I'm coming from a PvE RP server which I've been on for ages. The lack of smart, skilled players is laughable on my server and I've had it so I'm switching soon to a PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I play on a PvE server too, but that doesn't mean pvp doesn't exist. There were a good 20-30 people battling it out in front of the entrance to Kara, same as there is on raid night in front of EN.
    The new way pvp tagging works has really stymied me from engaging in pvp on a pve server though. Is there a way to turn that off in some sort of option. Not saying to flag, but at least if you're on a pve server to allow you to engage a pvp flagged target without having to go right click yourself and then turn it on and THEN finally attack.
    Last edited by purebalance; 2016-10-26 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    This will be my first time transferring to a PvP server. I'm coming from a PvE RP server which I've been on for ages. The lack of smart, skilled players is laughable on my server and I've had it so I'm switching soon to a PvP server.
    Awesome man! Welcome to the PvP community! And yes, I agree, generally what you see across most PvE and PvP servers is that the more unskilled players will usually gravitate to PvE servers and players who are more skilled and knowledgeable about the game not only in PvP but also in PvE will roll / play on PvP servers. I'm not really sure why that is, but it is generally the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome man! Welcome to the PvP community! And yes, I agree, generally what you see across most PvE and PvP servers is that the more unskilled players will usually gravitate to PvE servers and players who are more skilled and knowledgeable about the game not only in PvP but also in PvE will roll / play on PvP servers. I'm not really sure why that is, but it is generally the case.
    haha nice, this thread is quickly turning into a PvE vs PvP server debate.

No, PvP servers don't generally have more skilled players. As someone who played on a PvP server for 10 years and switched to PvE for Legion I'd actually say that my PvE server has more people who know their class than my previous one.

See, I just debunked your argument with one opinion.

Yeah it was crazy. There was a lot of people just there for the quests, avoiding pvp, but there was another type of player who simply took it as an opportunity to raise hell. Glorious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post

No, PvP servers don't generally have more skilled players. As someone who played on a PvP server for 10 years and switched to PvE for Legion I'd actually say that my PvE server has more people who know their class than my previous one.

Wuh woh, anecdotal debunking!

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us Does show a higher amount of progressed pvp realms to pve ones. Of course, who you run with is entirely YMMV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post

It was never my intent to turn this into a PvP vs PvE server debate, all I was saying to the guy above was 1) welcome to the PvP community, and 2) a general rule of thumb is that you will find more unskilled players on PvE realms as opposed to PvP realms where it requires a bit more skill because of the fact that you actually have to go up against living, breathing, thinking creatures, rather than a scripted encounter all the time. I'm not bashing PvE servers at all. I'm just stating the facts.

Why do you think on US-Sargeras (PvE and one of the most populated PvE servers) for example there are less mythic raiding guilds than mid sized PvP servers like US-Korgath (PvP)? More players should equate to more mythic raiding guilds right?

Back to the topic:

I'm really excited to do battle on the Karazhan steps tonight. I think I will be able to get all the kills I need to get the next color of my hidden artifact appearance!

PvP servers are great fun when amidst the chaos some actual world PvP comes out.

i play on a PvE server.
    i play on a computer

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Who activate pvp on a pve realm in front of raid. I was on a PVE realm for years and except a people or two i've never seen an actual faction fight at any entrance.
    Every server has different types of people, my server loves a good battle before raid, show up 20minutes early, fight till raid leader calls to zone in. It's a blast. Always starts with 1 guy flagging and being bait, then shit hits the fan and everyone goes pvp mad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think on US-Sargeras (PvE and one of the most populated PvE servers) for example there are less mythic raiding guilds than mid sized PvP servers like US-Korgath (PvP)?
    Except that Sargeras is a PvP server....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    Except that Sargeras is a PvP server....
    Oh damn thats my bad, I meant US-Stormrage which is a PvE server.

Deleted
    meh, I hated ganking in vanilla, and my feelings haven't really changed. saw the mob of alliance down there and decided to wait with the pre-quest until I have a night shift. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i play on a computer