10+ Year Old Account

PvP: What counts? What doesn't?

So I had raised concerns about this 2 system PvP back when it was thought up. It was hair brained then... it is hair brained now.

I was under the impression that legendary effects did not happen in instanced PvP, but my neck piece is still activating my "power word shield" on my DH.

Also does it simply not effect

What about talents and artifact traits? Specifically I am talking about artifact traits as those can have a significant increase in performance that have little or nothing to do with ilvl.

Supposedly, every 15 ilvl difference equates to ~1% performance difference. Which is fine for season 1 (sort of) as the xpac goes on though we will begin to see a higher disparity in ilvls and thus a higher disparity in performance. But because of the way gear is rewarded new players (lower ilvl players) will not see necessary item drops from doing PvP.

Maybe I am just way off base on my assessment but I didn't feel there was anything overly broken about the previous system, and I am firm believer in not fixing shit that isn't broken.

We have already seen a significant drop in PvP participation, and I think the new cockamimi system is to blame.

(1) Rewards are not clearly defined
    (2) The 2 part system is also not clearly defined
    (3) It is unclear as to what works and what doesn't. Should I equip my legendaries? Or should I save a high level purple for PvP? (Or did I make that up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    PantysaruzR, I think it's just a higher iLVL in instanced PVP, meaning, whatever gear you throw on, the template goes up in instanced pvp. Gems, Chants, and Legendaries should NOT work in Instanced PVP.

They tried to clear it up in a recent 7.1 blog post for PVP changes and reward structure, but it still is very ambiguous system if you don't follow along.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...s-in-patch-7-1

Deleted
    The idea is everyone is scaled to a certain template, then for ever ilvl you have above 800 you get 0.1% increased stats, so 10 ilvls is 1% increased stats. It should be noted that 1% increase in ilvl is actually a lot more than 1% increased performance potential which is a misconception I see a lot. If you have 1% more agility for example you will do 1% more damage, but then if you also have 1% more crit that will be a bit more damage on top, and if you have 1% more stamina then you might survive for 1% longer. All the stats compound in this way so 1% stats might actually be more like 2-3% more effectiveness. Gear certainly does still matter even if it's not quite as significant as it was in the past.

And yes, legendaries, enchants etc don't work in pvp but your artifact traits do.