Deleted

How would you fix a legendary?

So last night I got the legendary absorb shield neck from a cache. It's effect is not terrible. Like it can provide some utility but it's not game breaking, game changing or relevant at all. It's like "hey heres more HP every 30 seconds." But for my spec the stats are so of that losing 1.5k haste from my 830 neck for the strenght is just not worth it.

It would be fine if we could get to chose stats, or at least get them to random proc. And the effect is horrible. I get there can't be just DPS legendary items, but the effect is so meaningless it can't overtake a little bit of haste?

How i would fix this is make the effect 30%(maybe more) and activate on use. This would provide a personal cooldown for those moments when you just can't avoid taking damage in a raid and want to help the healers out. But the legendary that medioker will NEVER take a spot of a DPS one.

So whats the point? I don't mind the RNG to get my legendary. I think it's cool. A little frustrating but gives me a reason to do content even if i overgear it to fill those voids where i just ran around my garrison or a main city when I didn't have nothing better to do. But then when you "win" at the RNG roll and finaly get your orange. It turns out that gated behind the randomness is another random factor. Don't get me wrong I'm not crying about the random drop of legendaries. I'm crying about the fact that there are "legendary" effects that can't overtake 1k secondary stat, even with the added primary stat.

Most legendaries in the shared loot table are non impact ones or are very very situational. I'd like to hear about how would you fix that? Or any other legendary that feels underpowered for your class?

Deleted
    -Less legendaries. It is no Legendary when there are like 10+ for some classes.
    -Legendarys that work in all the specs, so you want to put dps spec drop when you are a heal.
    -Maybe put all the secondaris stats like some trinkets, or only main stats. Boths solutions to solve "those are not my best secondary's stats"

-To follow the norm. Gating them, the first 2 months only 1 type of legendary can drop, the next two month only another legendary can drop and the previus ones, and so on...

-Making them rotation changing but a way to get them in those two monts. So if you play in one month at the end you will get one. Maybe through some chain missions. like the new ones from suramar. Every week there are new misions, and in the end of those two months you will get it. And if you are lucky you can get it too from rng like now.
    Last edited by mmoc8d5232fab8; 2016-10-27 at 10:44 AM.

I would delete Sephuz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I would delete Sephuz
    Ar there any other legendaries that can't proc while fighting raid bosses? Sephuz is a terrible joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I would delete Sephuz
    Sephuz is actually very good if you're consistently keeping the effect up and quite a few classes have that capability.. It's not a raid-centric legendary, dungeons and world content are a large chunk of the game.

Sephuz' Secret is a my only big gripe with legendaries as it's very often a boss fight can't possibly trigger the effect. I wish it could proc by just taking the time to cast a CC-effect spell on an enemy, regardless of success or damage or immunity.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

I'll be honest, Sephuz looks awful but it's actually been pretty nice for some of the people in my guild using it. Even in the raid, there's generally something you can proc it on in almost every boss fight (and even more in Mythic) that allows you to use it to a decent extent. Nythendra in lower difficulties it's useless, but in mythic our prot pally uses Blinding Light on MC'd players for procs and can basically use it on cooldown. Dragons of Nightmare have plenty of adds that can be CC'd, same for Ilgynoth and Elereth during her spider form. CC the wisps on Cenarius and any of the adds on Xavius as well and you can proc it pretty frequently. The only fight where it's basically useless outside of ilvl is Ursoc, and it's great in dungeon content outside of most boss fights.

The Prydaz neck seems to be a much worse offender than Sephuz is for most players honestly.

If we're "fixing" any of them, I'd probably get rid of the more RNG based ones that are sometimes useful and sometimes worthless. Things like Koltira's for Frost DK (15% chance to refund 2 runes) or Half-Giants for Havoc DH that randomly gives between 1-20 more Fury on an ability that already generates a random amount; combine that with the 2p tier from Nighthold giving them 20% more Fury generation and you can end up going from very low Fury to over the cap based on double RNG plus a percentage increase on that double RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd 'fix' them by removing them. Even as someone who has 2 of them, I hate the whole setup.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd 'fix' them by removing them. Even as someone who has 2 of them, I hate the whole setup.
    I too have two of them and still think they should be removed and never should have been implemented this way in the game. You get people that aren't getting them either getting jealous or fed up and even if you get one or more so many of them are near useless like that ring. Bringing Diablo's loot system to wow was and is a bad idea. Main reason I dislike Diablo was due to the loot system and they go and implement it in wow just an unbelievable bad decision

I would get rid of them all and replace them with another MoP/WoD style legendary.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I would get rid of them all and replace them with another MoP/WoD style legendary.
    Or add a class-specific legendary again. Been quite a while since we've had one.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

They should remove them all and give new ones with some lore behind them ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Having them drop.

Considering that legendaries are extra talent tiers that you gain access to randomly (for my main spec, there are 3 legendaries whose effect would be the obvious choice up against almost anything in every talent tier), I'm not sure why they don't just go ahead and do that for all talent points. To borrow a refrain from the current-legendary-system-is-exciting crowd, talents aren't necessary to complete any content in the game, so why not just have access to all of them begin to trickle in at some random point inbetween your first emissary quest instantly after 110, and well into your second month of full raid (and lfr) clears, 100+ m+, full weekly mythics.

Sephuz needs to be completely redone.
    Prydaz should reflect the damage back as opposed to absorbing it.

Like others have said, the Legendary system has been a huge failure. IMO Artifacts are also a huge failure.

Deleted
    magnum opus = shield upped to 35% health.

sephuz= if target is immune to CC you get a 5% damage buff for 30 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account