Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post
    How about a no....

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...law&bracket=15

SnD is pretty far behind RTB, I looked up the best Nythendra pull by Teebs and he did do 311k dps on one fight but then the next week he was 270k.
    i wouldn't even try to run snd...however when we did a quick hc clear today i saw how shitty rng you can get with rtb...was really depressing

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    i simed myself with mfd rtb : min 285356 mean 351562
    snd : min 291886 mean 336613

the min dmg for rtb/mfd is lower than the one with snd... meaning you can pull lower dps with rtb than with snd even while respecting the rotation...
    Min dmg for rtb = not only just getting nothing but single rolls, but also getting nothing but single...idk what the worst single roll is. But whatever it is, you'd have to get nothing but that for an entire raid fight. That scenario, flat out NEVER HAPPENS. So you can NEVER FEASIBLY do the min damage, just like you can never feasibly do the max damage. The mean is the only one that matters and throughout all your raids, you can and SHOULD be doing mostly consistent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post
    For fun I have just run a sim and I have SnD 10% behind RtB so I am guessing you are probably missing some gear or relics.

Also did some 5 min target dummy with RtB and SnD, it is not even close. I can pull a consistent 300-310 with SnD but I am over 350 with RtB.
    Like I said, my gear is optimized for Sin now, not for Outlaw. I do have OK Outlaw relics, though not perfect by any means - an RT relic, a finisher cost relic, and a combat potency relic, all in the 850-865 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Min dmg for rtb = not only just getting nothing but single rolls, but also getting nothing but single...idk what the worst single roll is. But whatever it is, you'd have to get nothing but that for an entire raid fight. That scenario, flat out NEVER HAPPENS. So you can NEVER FEASIBLY do the min damage, just like you can never feasibly do the max damage. The mean is the only one that matters and throughout all your raids, you can and SHOULD be doing mostly consistent damage.
    That's uh... that's not how the sim works as far as I know. There's probably not a single iteration out of 10,000+ on an average simc run that rolls nothing but single Jolly Roger 20+ times in a row. The minimum you see on the simc charts is still minimum within a reasonable framework of probability - not an absolute minimum.
    Last edited by SSJones; 2016-10-28 at 06:34 PM.