Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I'm not saying your conclusion is wrong. But testing on a dummy isn't reliable. It's pretty bad.
    how is it bad and unreliable in this case?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    how is it bad and unreliable in this case?
    For starters, you do not have 20% HP or lower case, as you said yourself.

Secondly you have variance in Crit rates. And finally you do not measure the impact of having Doomguard out during Lord of Flames for Supremacy and neither impact of extra shards you spend for summonings when you run Service.

Deleted
    The 20% window is so small and i also said you can save/delay the Doomguard cd for that window, and that window as we get better geared also gets smaller and smaller there for lowers the time we get in that "phase".

I didnt do 1 run each i did 5 on each setup and the result only varied within 3k dps making it a pretty clear picture.
    I did 1 run each with LoF but after going through the dmg it seemed worhtless to take into scale since the infernals does around the same dmg all the time but sure using doomguard with LoF gives around 300-400k more dmg done during that cooldown nothing that is going to change sup to be ahead of service.

And accounting for shards during the 5 min its 6 shards "wasted" on demons so im missing out on 3 CBs during that period.

Maybe im just stubborn but until i see some1 else try it or we get reliable sims im gonna stick to service but you made me unsure and i will have to waste another hour testing again :P

Sidenote:
    Love that we are actually talking about something that aint about the current state of warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my Cenarius progress the sub 20% HP lasted for a good minute and and a half, yes several shards more is more Eradication uptime and of course more damage and these shards can also be refunded by Soul Snatcher and Soul Conduit, so it's more like ~7 shards in reality on average you miss out and finally those 300-400k damage done add up as well.

Just to bring that Cenarius case back, during progress my Feretory of Souls generated 14 Shards and it's considered here BiS legendary. 7 free shards is like having half of Feretory of Souls for free for me there.

And again, simulator makes this crystal clear and if anything it can do well it is simulate single target cases which is what we are talking about.\

Really, there is a reason nobody takes dummy seriously ever, simply because unlike simulator it fails to account all of the above.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-29 at 07:44 AM.

Deleted
    thanks for clearing that up will go back bashing my head against the keyboard while i sim it