Fire Mage Orbs Change Color Now?

So is this finally a thing? I've watched the intro movie to Kara, namely this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isnVNqTbRNU

Pay attention to the very last few seconds - the gnome mage has orbs and is casting a fire spell with matching colors to her artifact!!
    So is this really a thing now? Is blue fire finally in the game if you change your artifact color to blue???

i dont see any blue there ?

Deleted
    There are kinda "frost fire" looking Flame Orbs now, I think they are tied to the hidden fire skin (just saw a fire mage with that skin and the red/blue orbs in the order hall). Noticed a guildie with those orbs as well, but I don't recall if he had the hidden skin active.

Deleted
    You can also turn them off in class hall

Looks like they're being affected by ambient lightning. The artifact the gnome has is the default appearance.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm. The bulk of the fireball is still orange, but the trail behind it changes with the artifact (green sword=green trail etc). It should be noted I've only tested this on the basic appearance as that's all I've unlocked

Deleted
    Yes, I have the basic Star's Design on my artifact and the orbs have a blue afterglow now.

Deleted
    So mages get an update to their orbs, but Warlocks dont get any update to their green fire...

The fire trail on your Orbs are now whatever color your sword is.

Cool addition
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    The original intention of the Fire orbs was to make it obvious from afar who the unskilled FOTM spec players are. Real mages play Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Yes, I have the basic Star's Design on my artifact and the orbs have a blue afterglow now.
    DO your spells or your casting animations also take up a blueish tint or is it just the orbs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Can confirm. The bulk of the fireball is still orange, but the trail behind it changes with the artifact (green sword=green trail etc). It should be noted I've only tested this on the basic appearance as that's all I've unlocked
    DO your spells or your casting animations also take up a tint or is it just the orbs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    DO your spells or your casting animations also take up a blueish tint or is it just the orbs?

- - - Updated - - -

DO your spells or your casting animations also take up a tint or is it just the orbs?
    Just the orbs

They have blue and purple ones now... You change them to blue when youa re really a frost mage but can't get into raids unl;ess you are fire... and purple if you are really arcane but also cannot get into raids.

You play fire, but the colored balls make you feel better about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Thanks for stealing the destro lock orbs.

............ (fu Blizz)
    You mean the warcraft 3 blood mage orbs right? ;}

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Just the orbs
    Thank You for the information! I hoped spells were affected too but hey, maybe sometime in the future :S