The Emerald Dreamcatcher

I was just lucky enough to get the emerald dreamcatcher on my balance druid us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Crypticelf/simple

And i was wondering how much this legendary should affect my rotation, or if anyone has the best opener/rotation to maximise dps with this. I've been reading around some and everyone is saying that it makes balance druids actually do decent damage, but i can't seem to find the best rotation for it written down anywhere.

Deleted
    Depend's on haste breakpoints n shit but basicly you want to build up to 90-100 astral power then Starsurge-LS-Starsurge-LS-Starsurge-LS etc etc until you have zero astral power then you build back up with your empowered solars/remaining lunar empowers + moons and repeat it.

Take this with a grain of salt because it changes depending on ur haste values.

Deleted
    Or you actually dont waste anything by building <90 AP, then hit SS 3 times, then 3 LS and 3 SW which is 75 AP, then 2 SW for 95 AP again. With that, your NB dont just lose 50% efficiency, because you push at least 3 SW to refresh your SF.

This only changes in BL phase, where you can cast LS and SW within the 1,5 sec window.

With the current empowerement system, you cant "really" play with that legendary. It would help if they would let us stack empowerements to at least 5 stacks, but even that would be nothing. The whole system needs to be removed or redesigned, hopefully before Nightwell raid.

i'm at 26% haste (8057) and also have chrono shard, would this in any way affect the rotation your saying? or is there like a cheat sheet you guys could link to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    Or you actually dont waste anything by building <90 AP, then hit SS 3 times, then 3 LS and 3 SW which is 75 AP, then 2 SW for 95 AP again. With that, your NB dont just lose 50% efficiency, because you push at least 3 SW to refresh your SF.

This only changes in BL phase, where you can cast LS and SW within the 1,5 sec window.

With the current empowerement system, you cant "really" play with that legendary. It would help if they would let us stack empowerements to at least 5 stacks, but even that would be nothing. The whole system needs to be removed or redesigned, hopefully before Nightwell raid.
    It's a dps increase to overcap solar empowerments with dreamcatcher, so it's the only way to play.

Nah.

Starsurge is already our highest DPET spell, effectively reducing the cost by 50% for 3-4 casts is way more damage than by not overcapping on Empowerments. Most people can easily gear to safely to do what the poster above you said - Starsurge > Lunarstrike > SS > LS > SS > LS. You can also weave in Half moon if you AsP and Half moon line up to get in another SS.

You're only wasting Solar empowerments which isn't that bad.

Deleted
    You all forget about Natures Balance. If i would just spam LS all day long, then theres no reason why i should talent it. SF will run out with that, and i had to manually refreshing it, ergo cutting NB into half. Its like i had none lvl 100 talent at all.

Gapezilla, one of the top Boomkin players, plays the same rotation as me. The only difference lies in, that he uses SS LS SS SW SS LS and so on. Technically, its the same as dumping 3x SS and then 3x LS and SW, just on detour.

Deleted
    You all forget about Natures Balance. If i would just spam LS all day long, then theres no reason why i should talent it. SF will run out with that, and i had to manually refreshing it, ergo cutting NB into half. Its like i had none lvl 100 talent at all.

Gapezilla, one of the top Boomkin players, plays the same rotation as me. The only difference lies in, that he uses SS LS SS SW SS LS and so on. Technically, its the same as dumping 3x SS and then 3x LS and SW, just on detour.
    Please know what you're talking about before speaking. The optimal dreamcatcher rotation lies in pooling high AP then doing a SS-filler-SS-filler-SS-filler-SS-filler-SS-filler rotation until you're out of astral power and then you restart. This way you get as many 20 cost starsurges as possible. Now what the filler is depends on haste levels but without bloodlust/berserking it's usually SS-LS-SS-LS. There is a WA that's quite helpful.

https://wago.io/N1KclHjo-

10+ Year Old Account
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.8ng4xo1wfie8 Scroll to the emerald dreamcatcher part and you'll see some haste breakpoints. If you want to see a perfect rotation, sim your character and look at the sample sequence table. Speaking from experience, prepare to get even more annoyed when you have to deal with random mechanics that make you move for more than 1 second and thus drop your dreamcatcher stacks.

Deleted

You forget one thing here. Gapezilla's rotation was mendatory to keep the Mastery proc from EoA trinket the whole fight. Now this has been nerfed/fixed, there is no point to just use 3/4 SS with ED. You now want to reach the hast breakpoint (97xx something) so you can cast 2 SW /w starlord between ED refresh.

And the rotation should be something like SS > LS > SS > 2SW > SS > LS >... and so on till you don't have enough AsP. Then you build it again with the 3 Moon spells.
    That way you spam more 20 AsP SS without losing too much Empowerment.
    Check new logs from TOP moonkins on Nythendra Heroic/Mythic from wednesday, they all do this rotation.

The only time you "waste" a lot of empowerments is during incarnation, because you can cast LS+SW between each ED refresh, you generate something like 38 AsP and spend only 20. You'll have to chain 2 or 3 SS sometimes to dump your AsP.

It's not the same. He's keeping up the ED buff for much longer than you do, and pumps out much more Starsurges in the process.