Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    What it boils down for me, and I'm guessing a few other people as well, is pretty simple; I like the addon for it's blocking features, and not at all for the report spam feature. I like using it to block stuff, not to do extra stuff (report) myself. That's just how I feel, and what I want from an addon. What follows, is that if the addon no longer allows me to not worry about the reporting side at all, I'll probably not use it. I'm sure that's not a loss to anyone, but here's the logic:

a) I use the addon, and I never report anything.
    b) I don't use the addon, and I never report anything.

Either way, the end result is the same. With option a), however, there's the benefit of me mentioning (as I have several times in the past) the addon on trade when someone complains about spam. "Go get BadBoy and you'll never have to worry about spam again." I've told many people to do that. Whether that has had any effect on anyone actually getting the addon, who knows. But, that's what I've said.

I've played the game 12 years now, started around this time in 2004 in the US open beta, and in that time, as soon as there was a report feature, and before I finally started using BadBoy and it finally started to filter out pretty much everything I want filtered out from the chats, I've manually reported more than enough people for one lifetime. I have absolutely no interest in doing that job for a single second more. And, looking at how spammy the chats still are, it's blatantly obvious that absolutely nothing has happened in those 12 years. Nothing. That's why a spam blocking addon is such a great thing; there's no need to try and continue that futile reporting crusade, as the addon cleans the chats.

Addon developers develop whatever they want. We, the players, decide whether we want to use those addons or not. It's great that people have the time and patience to write code so that we have addons, as I'm sure the donations (if there are any) don't exactly pay the bills. I for one am greatful that there are people writing those addons, regardless of the game. But, that doesn't mean I'm going to continue to use an addon if it is changed and starts doing something else altogether than what I'm looking for it to do.

As for the report feature blocking the entire chat window, I realize that there is a possibility it's a conflict between Prat and BadBoy. Prat, though, is a pretty damn popular chat addon. However, if it's not intended that the BadBoy report button "masks" the entire chat window and thus forces a click, then there's probably a conflict with Prat, which may be resolved later. I'm hoping this is actually the case, but I personally still would like for there not to be a blinking icon in my chat window, even if I refuse to click it. But, that's just me.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-29 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    [*]The method of reporting wasn't changed for the sake of it. The new patch (accidentally) broke it, a new method was devised to replace it.
    Huh, so it wasn't my prat after all?

[*]You can access the options via /badboy as you always could. Options panel was cleaned up and is now freely moveable.
    Could you add a minimap button or keep the menu option in?

I really like the cc_cleaner part, blocks stuff from anal / thunderfury / harambe trolling to multitude of boost bots that somehow the basic module doesn't catch? I update regularly so it's not that.

Thanks Funkydude, personally I like the change to reporting. Much nicer when it doesnt take up a line of text for each report.

• If you are concerned about what is being reported, enable the "show spam in tooltip" option or install BadBoy_History. I edited the project descriptions for _CCleaner and _Guilded to clarify they do not report.
    The issue with this bit is that it still assumes that badBoy is always right (BadBoy is not always right); if I inspect what BadBoy wants to report, and find it has picked up someone who I don't wish to report... well tough. I cannot interact with chat links until I click to report.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    The issue with this bit is that it still assumes that badBoy is always right (BadBoy is not always right); if I inspect what BadBoy wants to report, and find it has picked up someone who I don't wish to report... well tough. I cannot interact with chat links until I click to report.
    You can right click to dismiss, just doesn't say that in the tooltip.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...