Legendaries discouraging off-spec

I really want to practice my off-spec more and to get some gear for it but I know as soon as I switch over BOOM offspec legendary. Blizz should add a setting for this.

You can set your loot specialization to a specific spec. Good luck bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 6ev4enko View Post
    You can set your loot specialization to a specific spec. Good luck bro.
    I'm sure he knows that. If you ready what he wrote, it was he wants to practice his off spec AND get gear for it... but is afraid he'll get a legendary for his off spec once he does.

Should make it so legendary ability changes based on your spec, like how tier set's currently work.

Legion** discouraging off-spec

FTFY

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'm sure he knows that. If you ready what he wrote, it was he wants to practice his off spec AND get gear for it... but is afraid he'll get a legendary for his off spec once he does.
    So he can set his loot specialization to his main spec and play/gear on his off spec. If a legendary drop it will be for his main spec.

Is that not what the person you just quoted said ?

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    So he can set his loot specialization to his main spec and play/gear on his off spec. If a legendary drop it will be for his main spec.

Is that not what the person you just quoted said ?
    he won't get gear for his offspec if it's set to drop gear for his main spec.

Ex- agi trinkets would drop if he was a feral main, but wanted to gear up a balance/healing off spec.

In that case, I would suggest waiting for WQs that offer you the trinkets/relics you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Well if he is serious about practicing *and using* that offspec then it should be a good thing if the slim chance happens that it gets a legendary, even if it uses up the next 'garunteed' legendary for their MS. You don't need more than 2 legendaries for one spec anyway.

You don't need more than 2 legendaries for one spec anyway.
    Sure you do. You "need" 2 of the best ones for most situations, which probably means 3+ specific ones in total and owning most of the legendaries to get them 'cause you're highly likely to get some that you don't want before getting the best ones.

What if there are two ST legendaries that increase your DPS by 20-25% together but neither of your current legendaries add any single target damage? You play your mainspec 80, 90% of the time but you're going to give that up for an offspec thing?

I personally offspec sometimes but i've never changed lootspec away from mainspec and it looks like i won't ever do it for any reason for the first 2000-5000 hours of Legion gameplay because of the legendary system; that's a shame IMO.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-10-29 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    You don't need more than 2 legendaries for one spec anyway.
    Just getting one is hard enough...who is even worried about 2 :P

Dude is right.

I tank and heal often on my Balance Druid main, but i rely on the generosity (and luck) of guildies to pass me either heal\tank trinkets, since i can't get any on my own, so i just have shitty ones from WQs. I'm pretty sure i'll get a useless legendary as soon as i switch loot spec for some relics\trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep legendary discussion in the megathread. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ssion-(Legion)
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)