Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Then your claim is worthless, and the rest of your post the above quote is from pointless hence why I didn't bother reading it. Sorry.
    That childish attitude is why I don't bother investing time into trying to change the minds or opinions of children. This is your argument:
    So you have a good day. Don't feel bad, plenty of people in the world that live off belief instead of fact, it's how Trump got elected after all. You go enjoy life, ignorance is truly bliss. But i'm done responding to brick walls.

Toodles!
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    -snip-
    While I also remember that post about Ghostcrawler saying he'd wished they'd come up with something else instead... you're getting that attitude kind of backwards. Only accepting things when you've been given evidence is a mature thing to do. Science literally wouldn't exist without that.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    LMAO at people who think one needs a guild in order to do organized raiding.
    The game was originally designed around that for easier logistics and later guild achievements, most of that was taken away after Cataclysm and Pandaria, some Legion guild achievements still exist now.

Guilds are nowhere as needed with everything except mythic raid being cross realm content and mentality.

It's sad but guilds and people from your own realm made the game social in the past, randoms from cross realm you don't repeatedly talk or group with isn't social content really, even when the possility is there.

LFR was a big step downward in the social ladder of WoW and now it turned pretty toxic as the generalization that LFR is only for bad/mental ill etc players....

But it's not, it's just another mode of content you can choose to do or not do.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-11 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Guilds are nowhere as needed with everything except mythic raid being cross realm content and mentality.
    I think people are still having a hard time in accepting that many guilds existed purely to pursue contents. Previously, guilds were required in order to raid, PvP etc. So people joined. And sure people were generally friendly towards each other. Others saw this as evidence that the game was more social back then. Now that with the contents being more easily available, some guilds are dying because people are leaving.

This suggest that not all guilds were that social as they like to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    LFR was a big step downward in the social ladder of WoW and now it turned pretty toxic as the generalization that LFR is only for bad/mental ill etc players....

But it's not, it's just another mode of content you can choose to do or not do.
    LFR turned bad due to the people's toxic attitude towards it. They considered a blight in the game, even though it does not affect their game in anyway. It surprises me why people would despise something that is not intended for them and does not affect them in anyway.

Deleted
    To have more chances at legendarys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    It was a broader problem centering around LFR not being a suitable endgame. It ticked the accessibility boxes, but it never actually succeeded at being anyone's "endgame" in the conventional sense. It ended up being much more like a Vault of Archavon loot piñata - people will do it for the loot, but it doesn't give people a reason to feel better about having that loot in of itself. That's the fate of all one-and-done content that assumes players will win from the start.

Flex raiding ended up being the thing that LFR was not.
    Bolded the part that is important.

Most people aren't feeling "rewarded" in the non-traditional sense. They get dozens of items but they have no meaning anymore. LFR being a boring lifeless-void doesn't help either.

There's a really easy test for this, happened in cata/mop/wod already in a way (e.g baleful/pvp) . Make LFR drop 895 guaranteed then watch all the people who "enjoy" LFR get instantly bored. But TBH In reality they were always bored and just kidding themselves. Only a very small minority enjoy it the rest think they need it for gearing purposes.

Now for Fun speculation.

It always eluded me why casuals and other average people stuck around in Vanilla, TBC and early Wrath even though item progression and other things were way more time consuming, grindy and basically needed more effort. IMO It could have been because every time someone earned something it felt good, rewarding and worth the time/effort, whereas now you are bombarded with hollow rewards and finish the game very quickly so people quit much faster. Most people don't care about Mythic so saying that is the end of the game doesn't stick. LFR is part of this last part.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-12-12 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Fun Speculation.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    That childish attitude is why I don't bother investing time into trying to change the minds or opinions of children.
    It's not a childish argument. It's a logical response to your claim of a fact and subsequent refusal to back that claim up.

And please, childish? Of this two person conversation only one of us is going out of their way to insult the other unnecessarily. Ironically the picture you provide actually visualises your own argument in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While I also remember that post about Ghostcrawler saying he'd wished they'd come up with something else instead... you're getting that attitude kind of backwards. Only accepting things when you've been given evidence is a mature thing to do. Science literally wouldn't exist without that.
    Science absolutely exists without that and it is the foundation upon which all of technology is built. When you are taught and educated, you are never presented proof of anything. Whether it's learning about the war of 1812 or fundamentals of science, you are simply told "this is how it is" and you take their word for it. Words in a book.

Now it is true that you can confirm anything you have learned yourself if you put forth the effort. You were told water is made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom, but until you pull it up under an electron microscope to see it for yourself, you can't really be sure. You take it for granted that what you know is the truth and you build from that. This guy who I have stopped trying to argue with could also easily go verify the truth for himself but he would rather spend his energy refuting fact and demanding that everyone else does all the work for him so he doesn't have to.

It's no different than some random guy off the street that you care absolutely nothing about starts an argument with you over something pointless and inane like the elements a water molecule is made up of then when you correct them, they demand you prove it to them. I mean what do you do to that? Do you really take time out of your life to gather up the evidence to present it to them in their face or do you just shake your head and walk away?

Science and human advancement wouldn't work if everyone had to prove absolutely everything for themselves, there simply isn't enough time in a lifetime to do so. You just accept it and take it for granted when you learn it. Just like a very long time ago everyone believed the earth was flat. No one actually walked from end to end to confirm this, they just believed it because they were told. Then once people started believing the earth was round once again, your average joe doesn't just confirm this for themselves, you just take it for granted that it is true. Most people don't even travel outside of their state or country, they have no way of proving anything outside of it even EXISTS.

But you have to accept what you're told to build from it and make new discoveries and advancements, and sometimes if you question something established, people go back and try to disprove it. Sometimes they succeed and it brings about new advancements and changes. Usually they find out it is in fact true.

But this guy makes assumptions because he "wants" what he is saying to be true and he "wants" to believe that it is true and he bases it on nothing except want and belief and wishful thinking. I tell him that he is wrong and point him in the direction of where the proof and knowledge is that he could go look at to show him that he is wrong, and he responds with wanting me to go lead him directly to it and place his hands on it personally or else he'll continue to believe baseless nonsense simply because he wants that to be the truth. It's like arguing with religious people, it simply isn't worth the time.

Hopefully that explained enough to you, i'm simply done with the other guy. At least you've seen the truth too. But im sure he thinks you're crazy and making things up as well. *shakes head*

Benjamin Franklin once said everyone is born ignorant, but it takes work to remain stupid.

But all this isn't the point of this thread, and i've already said what I had to say about LFR earlier, so I think i'm done here. If I wanted to argue about pointless things, I have a good friend of mine who absolutely loves to do that and he actually uses reasoning in his arguments and is enjoyable company. It's not an activity i'd seek out with randos.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2016-12-12 at 03:05 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Really tired of whiny hardcores begging Blizzard to nerf the content of the majority because they think it will drive some of those people to raid. I don't give one tiny crap if your entire raiding community dies off completely. Nobody else will either. The nonsense reasons you make up why you're more important than your small percentage of the population are a joke.

Seriously, we're going into like year seven of "qq blizz pls remove lfr" and it's just not going to happen. Ever. Deal with it. They tried taking tier out in WoD and it was such a disaster they put it back in for Legion and even made BiS gear come from fucking five-mans. Not only is LFR not going away, the elitist raiding community has never been less relevant.