Thread: Gbom

Gbom

I have a simple question about where should i placing my 3 gbom, if i am on top 3 dps , shoul i put one on me and thé 2 others on mates ? Or should i put the 3 on some others guys every time ? Thx

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe consensus is cast on top 3 dps, including yourself if you're up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I believe consensus is cast on top 3 dps, including yourself if you're up there.
    Only thing I would add is, depending on your group, make sure you pick three people unlikely to die early as you can't reapply the buff in combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boboar View Post
    Only thing I would add is, depending on your group, make sure you pick three people unlikely to die early as you can't reapply the buff in combat.
    The top 3 DPS usually aren't known for dieing unless they are shadow priests.

Simple rules:

1) Avoid Pet Classes
    2) Priority on Arms warr(~2 times the average BoM damage)/Assass rogue(~1.5 times the average BoM damage)
    3) Remaining on top DPS

Thank you gentlemens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Simple rules:
    2) Priority on Arms warr(~2 times the average BoM damage)/Assass rogue(~1.5 times the average BoM damage)
    That should be fixed.

See Patch 7.1 Hotfixes - November 14:

Paladin - The damage from Greater Blessing of Might will no longer be increased twice by some debuffs on the target.

I believe there's also a rule about applying it to yourself if you're using Plaguehive? I'm not using it, so I haven't looked into it, but I seem to recall something about it proccing the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrhal View Post
    That should be fixed.

See Patch 7.1 Hotfixes - November 14:

Paladin - The damage from Greater Blessing of Might will no longer be increased twice by some debuffs on the target.
    Good call. Has that fixed it?

My guild is allergic to DPS warriors.

Speaking of Gbom fixes;

Anyone know when (not if) our devs are going to fix that it is not applicable in combat? It's extremely frustrating and a thing that I absolutely HATE about the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Njay View Post
    Speaking of Gbom fixes;

Anyone know when (not if) our devs are going to fix that it is not applicable in combat? It's extremely frustrating and a thing that I absolutely HATE about the spec.

It's intended not to work in combat. If it did you'd be "required" to swap it to people whose CDs were up at different times to maximize the damage from it. I guess what I'm saying is: it is not a when, it is an if, and even so, not a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    It's intended not to work in combat. If it did you'd be "required" to swap it to people whose CDs were up at different times to maximize the damage from it. I guess what I'm saying is: it is not a when, it is an if, and even so, not a good chance.
    While that does make scene, its very frustrating not being able to buff in combat.

At least allow the Paladin to be able to buff himself, that shouldn't be a problem.

All in all, I hate how Might works in Legion. Why should a big chunk of my damage depend on 2-3 other players?

The guy you buffed died? Guess what, thats free dmg gone down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    The guy you buffed died? Guess what, thats free dmg gone down the drain.
    While I do agree with you, Blizz's response has been: "But if you die, a small part of your dps lives on." So in that sense, it is 'balanced', even though it's frustrating.

Personally I am hopeful that they will fix Might/Greater Blessings, I've literally seen no Ret who's happy with how they currently play out. It's a confusing ability that brings nothing but frustration. Proposed changes I've seen around the internet that I'd like are:

• Let Greater Blessings work exactly as they do now, but remove any damage benefit from them. In other words, change/remove Might to no longer improve damage and maybe even add new ones that provide utility different from Kings and Wisdom.
    • Change Greater Blessings into raidwide cooldowns. Might would become a raid dps cooldown that you might pop with Bloodlust to burst in some fights, Kings might be a damage reduction cooldown to help during fights with intense damage. Of course, these would share a (long) cooldown so we'd actually have to decide depending on our raid and the current encounter what'd be best to use.

Deleted
    One thing that bothers me about BoM is that they essentialy had to lower our overall dps, to make this thing balanced, or am i wrong? When it comes to the solo content, aren't we then missing like 6-8% of our dps? Either way I agree with the frustration, blizz wanted to get rid of buffs, so they gave us something that we HAVE TO use in order to be on the same level as other specs. Not to mention the bugs that come with it, still unfixed, like the buff randomly dropping off raid members, they dont even have to be teleporting anywhere and it just randomly drops, thus the need to install addons/wa to notify us. It's not even trackable by dps meters (at least not from my experience) so to actually see me dps i always have to check logs. I'd take honestly any variation, given that they buff us back to the normal numbers without BoM.

When placing it on yourself, make sure you're already in the top 3 dps without counting the buff. GBoM is likely accounting for 10% or so of your dps and since this spell procs only from attacks you need to make sure the dps your basing your choice off of is only from attacks. Keep that in mind when picking your top 3 dps (same for applying it to another ret paladin).

GBoM is never anywhere near 10% of my damage. At best usually 7% with 3 targets, myself often @ #1. Often a bit lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    One thing that bothers me about BoM is that they essentialy had to lower our overall dps, to make this thing balanced, or am i wrong? When it comes to the solo content, aren't we then missing like 6-8% of our dps?
    Pretty sure this is wrong, and only hear people whine about this online. This would only be true if we did not have a choice between greater blessings, I.E. Only had Blessing of Might. They would not nerf our damage to factor in a utility buff choice-of-three because that takes away the choice, and negates the purpose. Blizz isn't about doing that. Greater blessing are their own thing, they are small utilities we can choose to buff, and the overall increase to damage is minor enough to be considered utility. I'm usually in the top 3, mighting myself, but GBoM is never more than 6% of my total damage.

Now, if we ONLY had greater blessing of might, and they assumed we would always use only gbom, then maybe someone could argue that it's factored in as one of our damage abilities. But it isn't, and is only a large portion of your damage if your damage wasn't that great anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    One thing that bothers me about BoM is that they essentialy had to lower our overall dps, to make this thing balanced, or am i wrong? When it comes to the solo content, aren't we then missing like 6-8% of our dps?
    Pretty sure this is wrong, and only hear people whine about this online. This would only be true if we did not have a choice between greater blessings, I.E. Only had Blessing of Might. They would not nerf our damage to factor in a utility buff choice-of-three because that takes away the choice, and negates the purpose. Blizz isn't about doing that. They wouldn't design the ability to be "and the paladin could sacrifice some of their own damage for this utility" because it isn't fun. It is "paladins can choose between one of three utility", because the slight damage increase is still utility to provide. Greater blessing are their own thing, they are small utilities we can choose to buff, and the overall increase to damage is minor enough to be considered utility. I'm usually in the top 3, mighting myself, but GBoM is never more than 6% of my total damage.

Now, if we ONLY had greater blessing of might, and they assumed we would always use only gbom, then maybe someone could argue that it's factored in as one of our damage abilities. But it isn't, and is only a large portion of your damage if your damage wasn't that great anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    GBoM is never anywhere near 10% of my damage. At best usually 7% with 3 targets, myself often @ #1. Often a bit lower.
    You need some new DPS to play with.

I'm usually sitting around 8-9% with spikes over 10-11% due to cheese(hunters on Ilg/Dragons, spriests on Xav) on +90% parses.

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    You need some new DPS to play with.

I'm usually sitting around 8-9% with spikes over 10-11% due to cheese(hunters on Ilg/Dragons, spriests on Xav) on +90% parses.
    Oh that's definitely true.

Granted I'm not raiding mythic this time around and only sticking to heroic casually (parsing 99%). I've raided as low as top 20 US in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    Pretty sure this is wrong, and only hear people whine about this online. This would only be true if we did not have a choice between greater blessings, I.E. Only had Blessing of Might. They would not nerf our damage to factor in a utility buff choice-of-three because that takes away the choice, and negates the purpose. Blizz isn't about doing that. They wouldn't design the ability to be "and the paladin could sacrifice some of their own damage for this utility" because it isn't fun. It is "paladins can choose between one of three utility", because the slight damage increase is still utility to provide. Greater blessing are their own thing, they are small utilities we can choose to buff, and the overall increase to damage is minor enough to be considered utility. I'm usually in the top 3, mighting myself, but GBoM is never more than 6% of my total damage.

I'm a mythic raider, with some pretty strong people in group (we have like 16th best lock in EU if im not mistaken), usually I'll be in top 4 or so with performance around 80% and gbom according to logs does around 12% so i wouldnt say it's a small utility thing. It would be like skipping every third judgment. Anyway it was just a question, im not really accussing blizz for lowering our overall dps in solo content, i was simply asking if anyone can back it up with some stats or so, since you can usually find very knowledgable people here.