Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I never heard the term welfare epics until TBC introduced arenas which would reward you for failure. I especially didn't hear it applied to tier 0.5 which re united a shit-load of work.
    You're right about the terminology, and the stuff I'm talking about is not comparable to arena epics.

WoD failed because a lack of content, but it wasn't all that bad. I was subscribed for the entire xpac but I already gave up on Legion.

- WoD: Better class gameplay ( with a few exceptions ) *IMO
    - WoD: Better PvP
    - WoD: Alt Friendly
    - WoD: Lots of free time to goof off with friends, level on new servers, farm mounts, farm xmogs, farm gold
    - WoD: Dps was gated behind gear not AP, and it had amazing catch up mechanics.
    - WoD: Healthier Pug environment. (No legendries and Artifacts )

- Legion: Amazing story.
    - Legion: Better leveling experience ( WoD wasn’t terrible with treasures though . )
    - Legion: Better looking Tier sets.
    - Legion: Something to do every time you log in. (Burden and a blessing)
    - Legion: Class fantasy.

Just my pointless imput.

Mist of Pandaria > All

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Lmao what? Take off your rose tinted goggles.

People went crazy in Wrath because that's when "welfare epics" were introduced. Casuals could do dungeons and easy raids to get badges in order to get gear similar to what raiders had. There were so many ways casuals could gear up and there were sooo many complains about Wrath being too casual.

You saying that Wrath was hard and that the game was good because nobody had to run multiple difficulties shows you didn't play in Wrath. People spammed the same dungeons for days because it gave badges which you could buy epics with. Wrath was the turning point of WoW becoming more casual focused.

As for classes, you really have no clue. Classes in Wrath practically had 3 button rotations. Nothing was complicated about hitting crusader strike into a divine storm. Like really? Go back and watch some Wrath raiding videos or something, the classes were most definitely not complicated. I do however agree that the whole class fantasy thing was dumb. I personally loved a majority of classes in MoP and how fun most of them were. MoP class design was probably the best overall design for classes in WoW. Some classes were hard, some were easy and they were mostly all different.

As for the leveling, I kind of agree but I'm biased towards Wrath zones. I loved every single one of them and that's what made my leveling experience great, had nothing to do with how fast or slow I went. Hell, legion took longer than WoD leveling did and people complained. There's really no way they can win here. A lot of people despise leveling taking more than a day and a lot of people like it.

You know what's funny? I bet if you were to link your armory, you wouldn't have Mythic EN completed or even heroic ToV. Let me see if this game is too easy for you, link your armory. Heroic-mythic ToV is most definitely a challenge, and since you claim that there's no longer any challenge then let's see your progress.
    I never said WOTLK was hard, It was still better and more of a even playing field of challenge than it is now since LFR didn't exist and normal aka Flex is a complete joke. Raiding in WoW is almost a non factor at this point it doesn't mean anything anymore. When everyone was doing the same difficulties it was interesting still.

I didn't mention PvE once in my post and I sure as hell didn't mention it toward WOTLK you just decided to cherry pick it and skip over Vanilla and TBC though.

PvP was by far the most complex it had ever been in WoW during WOTLK, so yes you did press more than 3 buttons in WOTLK in a PvP environment. PvE is always going to be a 3 button rotation it's never going to get more complex than that period. PvE is a scripted fight that's going to be the same 99.9% of the time.

Heroic-Mythic in modern WoW is irrelevant to the masses, I'm sorry but people just don't care about it anymore. The moment LFR came out and the masses could see the same content as Heroic/Mythic players Raiding become irrelevant. I've raided to Naxx/Sunwell and worked my ass off to see exclusive content once Cata came out and people could see the same raids as me it became a waste of time. There is a reason the Mythic Raiding scene has been dying for years nobody cares.
    Last edited by lazzy; 2016-12-04 at 05:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zemerax View Post
    - Legion: Class fantasy.
    Class fantasy? Here's legion class fantasy: your retribution paladin has just gone and found dead-but-not-dead-and-then-finally-dead Tirion and claimed the Ashbringer. By virtue of having claimed it [s]he is made the head of Silver Hand 2.0. [S]he is the one supreme leader of the paladins of Azeroth, easily distinguishable by that famous ole Ashbringer slung across the back. Along with a million of other Ashbringer-wielding unique supreme leaders of the paladins with their million of identical Ashbringers, swarming the Light's Hope so densely you can barely see the rank-and-file NPC among all the unique supreme leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Legion? Overhyped? LOL, where the fuck have you been?
    Where the fuck have YOU been to have missed all the hype? Well, with the head so deep up your arse you migth miss a thing or two for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Woah calm down WOD better as PVP? Remember the coliseum thing? No ty

Also Raiding in Wod is fine like Legion, we still have no tier raid and already there are overturned fight eve if people have 3+ legs and 880 gear

ALTS in Legion are fine, there is no need to have alts at the same level of your main, focus your class instead of reroll the fotm,also on ptr there is a catch up for ak
    I found the coliseum to be amazing. Stop painting subjective topics with your objective crayons.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I found the coliseum to be amazing. Stop painting subjective topics with your objective crayons.
    Such amazing early maybe but then? Only Spriest or Plate Burst class full pve with legendary ring 1 shooting people.

But hey what can I expect from somebody that started the "Make LFR the only difficulty"

Just nothing, bye

Also you meant objective thread with subjective crayon, fucking bonobo

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Where the fuck have YOU been to have missed all the hype? Well, with the head so deep up your arse you migth miss a thing or two for sure.
    Yeah, people were mighty excited for more garrison missions and raining legendaries, and what could be a lack of content. Get your head out of YOUR ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, a lot of players nowdays (that games in general and especially multiplayer games are a lot more common and high-polish than in 2004~2008) are not interested in staying months on end in the same game repeating the same content for slightly better gear, and would rather subscribe to check the new content and then unsubscribe to go play or do other things?

Maybe, in Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK, there were a lot more people who hadn't tried WoW yet, and by now most of the people who might try it already did? And that means there's a lot less input of players to cover for the output now.

'Cause that sounds pretty reasonable to me.
    HEY HEY HEY!!!!! You STOP with that "being reasonable" crap.

We don't take kindly to reasonable 'round here. We alls wanna git our pitchforks and torches and scream a lot here. You wanna make sense, you take it somewhere else buddy...

;-)