Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Story (mostly Arthas and Scourge), art, music, zones, gameplay all come to mind.

12 years and still going good. It has passed from the realm of a videogame to the realm of a way of life. "You one of THOSE people?"
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

The movement.

1 thing most games get wrong in my mind is how clunky the movement is.

Bad movement can ruin the flow of a game.

An example would be the Witcher 3. Nothings more immersion breaking than struggling to chase down an enemy through an Alley, because you have to do a 3 point turn on every corner in the game.

Movement in WoW is extremely fluid for a few reasons

1. Jumping has gravity to it. Something I really hate about games like GW2 for example is that you can turn while jumping, it feels weird, really fucking weird.

2. You don't get stuck on stuff, much if at all.

3. Slopes are clearly defined. You rarely, if ever, have to ask yourself "can i run up that hill?" you know at a glance. Some games don't have this consistancy, and will let you run up 80* inclines, while having other small slopes be no go zones, and cause you to slide back down.

Music. I just love the music.

That feeling when you get a rare mount after you farm the crap out of hit for 130 runs

... and still don't use it

7+ Year Old Account
    The artifact weapens and the following AP system I really love that i can kind of lvl even after hittin max It is pretty much what has been keeping me going for the last month or so and i love it

Also the WQs system Proberly the best end-game system they have ever made, beats dailies by a country mile
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy....I don't think I can say just one. I think we all agree that the general overall responsiveness is a key point here, but not just the input response...oh no. FF14 players; probably remember (or blocked out of memory) going for your af, especially the Titan fight, before the fixes. The tiny bit of lag between the client and server registering a successful action, ability, movement, or cast that forced you to overcompensate for almost every scenario. (how many times did you die to one of Titans AoEs despite being 20 yards outside of the bloody circle?)

Building on the list though:

The story- being able to watch it grow from "Evil orcs from hell" to the deep and flowing story it is today; retcons and all. (Seriously, they were actually from hell at first; later explained as merely the perspective of the humans)

Orcs and other "ugly" races with culture and diversity.

More "grey" areas than clear cut black and white good vs evil stand offs.

The willingness to kill important characters.

And to me, perhaps simultaneous the best and worst feature of WoW depending on your perspective- is the UI modding support and community. Which as far as "mainstream" games go I dare say is second only to the Skyrim modders.

(Actually the fact that we never got player housing is the worst but this is a thread about what we like so yeah)

I've just always loved being a sneaky rogue!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good, I mean really good engine.

ashenvale music

Deleted
    Wrath.

/10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sausagelord View Post
    Killing other people of the same class 1on1.
    I don't normally do PvP as I'm just not a big fan of it... but when this opportunity presents itself, I have to admit... It's a glorious moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    mounts /10

Mythic+

Best addition in a long time.

Raiding and how smooth and responsive the combat and animations are

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Legion login music is a damn eargasam every time I log in.

Black Temple. Place was beyond epic.

Fighting Illidan? Most epic encounter to date.

Kil'jaedens burning wish, 7.2/7.3, and almost everything that's not having to do with illidan.