Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Having had boots for almost the entire expac, I've found 2 MA's, boots, and a rupture crit or damage relic is the best set up. 2 MA's and boots translates into almost exactly 45 seconds, every time, which means you always have vendetta for Kingsbane. I can maintain 40% uptime. With 3 relics I was at 48-49% uptime, but kingsbane feels sooo much better when you can vendetta with it to really pump those envenoms.
    I'd say place boots over the ring if you have 2 MA relics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lobocito View Post
    Having had boots for almost the entire expac, I've found 2 MA's, boots, and a rupture crit or damage relic is the best set up. 2 MA's and boots translates into almost exactly 45 seconds, every time, which means you always have vendetta for Kingsbane. I can maintain 40% uptime. With 3 relics I was at 48-49% uptime, but kingsbane feels sooo much better when you can vendetta with it to really pump those envenoms.
    Vendetta doesnt buff kingsbane ....

10+ Year Old Account

I read up until the point where you wrote "vendetta for kingsbane" and stopped reading.... why isn't it common knowledge yet that vendetta has never and never will buff kingsbane?

And that rupture crit is hurting you more than it helps since replacing it with another MA would give yet another vendetta proc on a 4 min fight, a bit longer and it is two extra vendetta. That is 40 seconds of 30% extra damage increase. Stack this with the wrists or insignia and you are losing a shit ton of dps all because of that extra crit on rupture.

The last two posters seem to have brought their own meaning to what lobocito was saying,

but kingsbane feels sooo much better when you can vendetta with it to really pump those envenoms.
    The refilled energy from vendetta allows you to get more envenoms off to buff the kingsbane dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilor View Post
    The last two posters seem to have brought their own meaning to what lobocito was saying,

The refilled energy from vendetta allows you to get more envenoms off to buff the kingsbane dot.
    This guy gets it.

Like I said, I've had the 3 MA's, and the 50% uptime was pretty sweet, but 2 MA's feels a little bit better. And I'll personally be keeping my 890 rupture crit until I can get at least an 875 MA to replace it with.

As Gilor indicated, yes, Kingsbane doesn't get bonus damage from Vendetta. But AP plays pretty slowly and energy-starved, and not having to sit around pooling when going into Kingsbane because you can use Vendetta to refill feels good and takes a little bit of the prep to maximize Kingsbane damage out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kappaklaus View Post
    Same and if use them effectively vendetta is at 38 seconds lets say 40 seconds approximately. Which translate in a roughly 50% uptime on Vendetta on most Bossfights. And a 30% Dmg increase over 50% of the fight (40 second CD with a 20 second uptime translates to 50% uptime in fight) on all of your damage is better than 40% increase of most of your dmg (mutilate isnt buffed by zoldyck for example) for 30% of the fight. Obviously all of the 3 mentioned legendaries are super strong and very close damage wise that we are talking about more or less small dps margins.
    That math isn't right. While yes, it is true that a 30% damage increase over half the fight would net in a 15% increase damage over not using the ability, it isn't the increase that you get from the legendary. You normally have a 1 1/2 minute Vendetta with 30 seconds removed if you have relics. This means that the legendary only offers a 20 second reduction (or 1/3) on the ability itself. So take the 15% increase and divide by 3 and you will find that the legendary is only about a 5% increase in damage over the fight duration.

40% of roughly 70% your damage for 30% of the fight comes out to about 8.5% increase in overall damage. If you are in a fight where you can use your second pot at the end it could potentially be more, and if you lust at the end it could be even higher. Lusting on the pull would not effect this negatively versus the vendetta legendary because you have vendetta up for the opener lust either way.

At worst, the bracers are 4% ahead and at best ~8% ahead. It's actual a huge amount and I am surprised so many of you are having a hard time doing the math.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy gets it.

Like I said, I've had the 3 MA's, and the 50% uptime was pretty sweet, but 2 MA's feels a little bit better. And I'll personally be keeping my 890 rupture crit until I can get at least an 875 MA to replace it with.

As Gilor indicated, yes, Kingsbane doesn't get bonus damage from Vendetta. But AP plays pretty slowly and energy-starved, and not having to sit around pooling when going into Kingsbane because you can use Vendetta to refill feels good and takes a little bit of the prep to maximize Kingsbane damage out of it.
    I'm glad you think 1-2 more envenoms during Kingsbane is better than an entire usage of Vendetta.

Not. Even. Close.

The only chance your way is better if the boss dies in that small window where you wouldn't actually get an extra Vendetta.

- - - Updated - - -

ZEEGADS!!! Simulationcraft agrees with my math. I wonder why?

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/R...Legendary.html

Deleted
    ZEEGADS!!! Simulationcraft agrees with my math. I wonder why?

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/R...Legendary.html
    WoW this dps values are looking much too low over the whole board. Is this already with the stat nerf from 7.1.5? But even then the values are WAY too low. In my calcs, you can easily pull 600k with t19 heroic gear at an 5min patchwerk encounter (as sin or sub with the right leg/s).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-12-04 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    WoW this dps values are looking much too low over the whole board. Is this already with the stat nerf from 7.1.5? But even then the values are WAY too low. In my calcs, you can easily pull 600k with t19 heroic gear at an 5min patchwerk encounter (as sin or sub with the right leg/s).
    It's outdated.

They are even using weapon with only 26 traits ... where it should be with 35.

the 5% dmg makes a big difference.

Deleted
    I wonder if they nerf the MA talent (or boots) because next patch boots users will surely get to 30s of Vendetta because of Vigor and the 4th relic point. Then every second vendetta would line up perfectly for a vanished rupture. Otherwise it seems kinda counter productive to have Vendetta on 45 secs CD and I would rather spend the relics on high rupture damage ones since those are actually fairly easy to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harlynx View Post
    I wonder if they nerf the MA talent (or boots) because next patch boots users will surely get to 30s of Vendetta because of Vigor and the 4th relic point. Then every second vendetta would line up perfectly for a vanished rupture. Otherwise it seems kinda counter productive to have Vendetta on 45 secs CD and I would rather spend the relics on high rupture damage ones since those are actually fairly easy to get.
    you forgot the trinket :P

Deleted
    If I could choose, I'd go with bracers and belt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slejhy View Post
    I'd definately go bracers(that i have)/ring.

Ring is good for all specs and its easier to plan around a fixed time for cd's

Quote Originally Posted by Slejhy View Post
    why belt? when I sim boot gave me so much more dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    why isn't it common knowledge yet that vendetta has never and never will buff kingsbane?
    Unless I'm mistaken Vendetta buffs Kingsbane on the PTR
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

You are mistaken

Im just gonna say Vandetta boots and the INSANE Symbiote belt. Because i will never accept the fact that i got a crap legendary !!

After the ring nerf, Bracer > Boots > Ring

The same can't be said for Exsang, which with only 2 MA relics benefits MUCH MORE from boots than Agonizing Poison does with bracer OR boots