Rogue Mythic+ Spec

Hello! Fairly new Rogue but due to changes to our aid roster I feel I will be maining it going forward so I have to ask: Which of the specs is best for Mythic+ dungeons.
    I have tried a few as sin and while the bosses melted it took a while on the adds. My gut says outlaw due to their strong AoE but Sub seems to have a balance and single target isn't something you can completely ignore in Mythic+ either. I couldn't find anything while searching (I do not like MMOchamps search function) so decided to ask!

Sub has great AoE once you get the cloak but it's rather meh before that.

With Legendaries, any/all of them can excel at both ST and AOE. That being said, as a pure DPS class, you should be leveling multiple weapons. You should play the spec that your group needs. If your group has good AoE, go assassination. If they have good single target, go Outlaw. If they have both, play whatever.

I would say, however, that the overall clear winner (unless you're doing a really high tyrannical key) is Outlaw. True Bearing's utility and the burst AoE is very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Yea. It's just as a fairly new alt (although I do have decent AK level) I'm wondering which one to focus on at the start to assist my gearing. For those interested I found this thread using google which has some decent discussion. No idea why MMOchamps search can't find it at all: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-go-for-Mythic

I greatly prefer Assassination for really pushing higher Mythic+ content. Yeah the ramp up time for AoE is steep but when you are doing higher and higher levels that is irrelevant because of how long trash will be alive for. And when there are adequate health mobs for Assassination to get rolling with it really does shine, you'll have plenty of people telling you about how amazing Outlaw is for low level M+ AoE which is true but the fact is is that low levels are an absolute breeze regardless of your spec so absolutely murdering the dps meters in low levels is great and all but I would personally pick the spec that shines as I get to harder and harder content and I believe it to be Assassination.

Furthermore when you really start pushing it successfully completing a dungeon isn't just doing damage...rogues have a niche which is being able to blast down priority targets with huge single target damage and I think it's a pretty fun role to play.

Deleted
    I dont see that niche atm. Fdk, enhc, ret or wws Do better cleave than all rogue specs and the St burst isnt Bad. I hope they will find a way how to compete to this classes with Outlaw Specc.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by normanone View Post
    I dont see that niche atm. Fdk, enhc, ret or wws Do better cleave than all rogue specs and the St burst isnt Bad. I hope they will find a way how to compete to this classes with Outlaw Specc.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
    You forgot demon hunters, and fire mages. Maybe even ele shaman, but those are shit at ST. Warriors with bladestorm, too.
    Last edited by mmoc89222f4376; 2016-12-05 at 12:19 AM.

Deleted
    Outlaw is the spec of Legendaries, the only class that beats Outlaw with gloves in AOE-DMG is DH with his AOE legendaries.
    Last edited by mmoc4e5aba46b8; 2016-12-04 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    ap sin does fine in both single target and aoe. doing trash i use dp and cloak + bracers. on bosses i switch to bracers + boots and i do some overall dps of 500k both on trash and bosses. fck outlaw :P

Ok so to sum up what I read, outlaw for lower levels, sin can be used on higher levels.

Can someone help me with you you guys plays sin on trash mobs on those higher levels? Talent choices, gear stats and how you start your rotation on trash to get it to shine with this sustained AoE ?

Deleted
    But i change my Spec from dungeon to dungeon, setup and affix. If we have already enough aoe ist go on sin if not, outlaw. With cloak i would always Run with sin.
    Last edited by mmoca7d83bb195; 2016-12-05 at 02:20 PM.

Outlaw is really nice for aoe , just matters if you can tolerate playing it

I personally go Outlaw for anything lower than 8 then assassination for anything higher.

I have good legendaries for Outlaw, but the longer the fight, the more assassination will pull ahead. AoE is better as outlaw than assassination period.