Spear on Cenarius Mythic

Tonight our DK tank took an 11M damage hit from the spear in Cenarius Mythic

Here's the death log:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rce=18&death=1

He has IBF and bloodmirror up, but that's not really the issue the issue is that the spear hit over twice as hard as it should have.

You can see Kelsar only has 1 hit from the spear, and our DH tank Vandraa has the debuff from the first spear.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...spells=debuffs

There's another pull where he takes a spear with cooldowns up and it hits for 1.9M (700k absorbed), and another one where he takes back to back spears and the second one only hits for 5.16M even with the 100% damage buff.

I assume this is a glitch, but I just want to make sure we're not ignoring something.

- - - Updated - - -

Brambles started spawning in melee after this spear happened too.... *tinfoil hat*

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right the debuff from Nightmare Blast is bugged and applies to spear damage as well

Quote Originally Posted by Odobisean View Post
    If I remember right the debuff from Nightmare Blast is bugged and applies to spear damage as well
    He has 4 stacks of nightmare blast debuff that's what it is! Thanks!
    Last edited by Donken; 2016-12-07 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Mythic, I like to run with Spectral Deflection, Anti Magic Barrier, Rune Tap, Blood Mirror and Tombstone if needed

CDs are rotated like this
    1st - Spec Deflect (Passive), Rune Tap, Blood Mirror
    2nd - Spec Deflect (Passive),Rune Tap, AMS (Max hp) - if using tombstone, use here

Vamp Blood for either

Not counting armor or externals, these are the dmg reductions to save you the time
    1st - 16% BS - 16% spec deflect, 25% rune tap, 20% blood mirror = 3.2M dmg, 58% reduction (excluding armor)
    2nd - 16% BS, 16% spec deflect, 25% rune tap = 4M dmg, 47% reduction, + 25% max hp (Best use for IBF) - with IBF = 2.8M dmg, 63% reduction

Remember, if you run Tombstone, make sure you have 10, and extra runes, so you can use it for the shield, then immedately reapply a few bone shield charges.

With these numbers + armor dmg reduc, youll have no problem surviving

Ik there was a bug on that log, but these are just some tips GL

Edited for some more useful numbers - correct me if my math sucks
    Last edited by Xkiller9000; 2016-12-07 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    On Mythic, I like to run with Spectral Deflection, Anti Magic Barrier, Rune Tap, Blood Mirror and Tombstone if needed

2nd - Spec Deflect (Passive),Rune Tap, AMS (Max hp) - if using tombstone, use here

Vamp Blood for either

Not counting armor or externals, these are the dmg reductions to save you the time
    1st - 16% BS - 16% spec deflect, 25% rune tap, 20% bone mirror = additive 77% reduction
    2nd - 16% BS, 16% spec deflect, 25% rune tap = additive 57% reduction + 25% max hp (Best use for IBF) - with IBF = 87% additive

Remember, if you run Tombstone, make sure you have 10, and extra runes, so you can use it for the shield, then immedately reapply a few bone shield charges.

Did they change something in the last couple years and CDs stack additively or are those numbers just pointless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Did they change something in the last couple years and CDs stack additively or are those numbers just pointless?
    workin on the maths in the meantime

Deleted
    Why does he gave 4 stacks. Dks can immune the application of the debuff. Also don't used tombstone. You have to be completely insane to pick tomestone over red thirst. You have more than enough cds to handle spears. Remember you just need to make the void zone puddles small enough to handle. You should only get like 6 spears max. It's stupid using 4 cds for a single spear.

Deleted

Vamp Blood for either

1st - 16% BS - 16% spec deflect, 25% rune tap, 20% blood mirror = 3.2M dmg, 58% reduction (excluding armor)
    2nd - 16% BS, 16% spec deflect, 25% rune tap = 4M dmg, 47% reduction, + 25% max hp (Best use for IBF) - with IBF = 2.8M dmg, 63% reduction

With these numbers + armor dmg reduc, youll have no problem surviving

Edited for some more useful numbers - correct me if my math sucks
    Math is still wrong... the 16% from BS + Spec Deflec are additive (its one source the whole absorb is from Boneshield) and then multiplicative with other CDS. honestly no one should ever use AMB or Tombestone, surviving the spear is not even a Problem, you only die if you have the debuff still up from p1 which you shouldnt because as dk you can immune the debuff if you absorb the nightmare blast with ams up. in my expierience you dont even need spectral deflection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Math is still wrong... the 16% from BS + Spec Deflec are additive (its one source the whole absorb is from Boneshield)
    Still comes out to the same amount

Do it like we do and get me (the ret) to BoP the DK when he casts the spear. Ez.

Deleted
    Still comes out to the same amount
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    Do it like we do and get me (the ret) to BoP the DK when he casts the spear. Ez.
    They only have one bop, it was used on the DH tank.

Deleted
    Why use all those cds though. Rune tap + one of either IBF or BM or Potion is more than enough
    Last edited by mmoc7a136ec19d; 2016-12-07 at 09:59 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to be moving the boss around a decent amount with the walls anyway, there really isn't much need to smash a bunch of CDs onto one spear, because it's unlikely you're going back to that side of the room anyway. Most people do the zerg strat now, and generally you're only going to see 4-5 spears total, meaning the weaker tank only has to cover two.

BoP is great, otherwise just have a personal CD and maybe 1 external for each one. It might be bigger than other classes but it's not going to be large enough that it prevents a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchh View Post
    Why does he gave 4 stacks. Dks can immune the application of the debuff. Also don't used tombstone. You have to be completely insane to pick tomestone over red thirst. You have more than enough cds to handle spears. Remember you just need to make the void zone puddles small enough to handle. You should only get like 6 spears max. It's stupid using 4 cds for a single spear.
    Not sure why AMS didn't prevent the stack, here's that part of the log, casts AMS .5 seconds before nightmare blast and the top graph shows him gaining a stack

http://m.imgur.com/1CesJm5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donken View Post
    Not sure why AMS didn't prevent the stack, here's that part of the log, casts AMS .5 seconds before nightmare blast and the top graph shows him gaining a stack

http://m.imgur.com/1CesJm5
    You have to fully absorb the Nightmare Blast in order to prevent the Debuff. He already had one stack so the damage was too high to be fully absorbed by AMS:

00:02:43.575 Cenarius Nightmare Blast Kelsár 1162127 (A: 3339735)

As long as you take damage from the blast you will get the debuff