Feretory of Souls Playstyle changes.

So last night I got FoS to go along with my Magistrike bracers and after raiding with them once I think i need to play around with my rotation, so I wanted some other opinions of people who have had it awhile.

I feel like now i have to open a fight with a CB to make sure I don't overcap shards when im setting immolates , and this also lets me get an eradication going with my initial immolate, followed by Dimensional rift.

A few other things.

Do you think with the shard generation of soul snacher, + FoS + the typical immolate crits that you think Soul Conduit may be overdoing the generation, maybe going for Channel Demonfire instead on single target fights?

Actually...do each of the 15 individual strikes of Channel Demonfire act as a fire spell and can generate a shard from FoS? seems like that has a very good chance of getting you 2-3 shards at least everytime you cast it which would make it a generator all by itself... I'm going to have to test that...never occured to me before.
    Last edited by Shodan30; 2016-12-07 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    firstly. Don't know about CDF, but I heavily doubt it.

Starting with chaos bolt is fine I guess. Soul conduit is the way to go.

It is quite funny actually many good players have different openings. Some even use 3x rift before the first conflag, other use the rifts after they ve run out of shards and conflag charges.

I think you should do something like Incinerate -> Immolate -> Infernal -> Grimoire Imp -> Conflag -> CB/INC/CB ->

Edit : You could dump 3x rift before first conflag.
    Last edited by mmoc1c4838b61d; 2016-12-07 at 04:48 PM.

Really the belt is so RNG that its hard to give perfect advice. Conflux nailed the ideal setup though. Sometime immolates proc so many shards that I dump constant CB into a non havoc'd mob. Hitting 1 million damage is pretty great with Rain of Fire + belt though.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    Really the belt is so RNG that its hard to give perfect advice. Conflux nailed the ideal setup though. Sometime immolates proc so many shards that I dump constant CB into a non havoc'd mob. Hitting 1 million damage is pretty great with Rain of Fire + belt though.
    wait...you mean just chain casting RoF on a large group since it feeds itself shards for lots of stacks? nice info...hadnt thought about that... RoF is low on my list of things to care about up to this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    firstly. Don't know about CDF, but I heavily doubt it.

Starting with chaos bolt is fine I guess. Soul conduit is the way to go.

It is quite funny actually many good players have different openings. Some even use 3x rift before the first conflag, other use the rifts after they ve run out of shards and conflag charges.

I think you should do something like Incinerate -> Immolate -> Infernal -> Grimoire Imp -> Conflag -> CB/INC/CB ->

Edit : You could dump 3x rift before first conflag.
    I have seen this rotation suggested before...but my question is why are you doing all that before you get an eradication proc off? Also, why service? Thought sacrifice was by far the superior choice for destro.

Yeah for example:

Toss immolate on the packs of mobs. Then spam RoF because usually youre procing shards (from immolate ticks and RoF casts) so hard you can maintain near constant RoF. Its lovely.

This is super useful in Maw teeming, Arcway teeming, or basically any speedrun with tons of packs. You can almost keep up with WW and DH on AOE. You will at least push 700-800k at 880 iLevel.
    Last edited by TravelDude; 2016-12-07 at 05:56 PM.