Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stk View Post
    Want actual changes? How about posting on the blizz forum so they can actual see ret concers instead of just QQ-ing here. More people to voice their concerns will lead into actual changes but atm for us there are very few.
    How do I post on US forums of battle. Net

I mean..of course its a failure. There is no choice on which buffs to use and you can't change the buffs around in combat meaning if someone dies or you didn't get to put it up before the fight you lose.
    Hi Sephurik

It's a failure no matter if you could swap them midcombat or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Finally we've actually heard some feedback on Greater blessings! Specifically might. Ion during the QA apologized for the god awful design that is GboM and says they will be scrapping it in a later patch and replace it with something that works better. They just haven't thought of anything yet.

This is probably the best news we've heard since beta eh? Thoughts? What do you think it'll be replaced with?
    They could just remove it entirely and boost ret dps to compensate. Why does it have to be replaced with anything?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    it offsets it for some time, then expires.
    Meaning, your personal dps suffers.
    For what reason should my performance be hindered because of other people? Why should I feel punished when my raidmate dies?
    Why should I rely on other people to do MY damage for me in the first place?
    I agree, it should've been a damage buff for them instead.
    Let's go back to group buffs.

yes that was sarcastic, i know people would be infuriated
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Meh they should probably just remove it and give us back Turalyon's Might

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It's more than a bit. It's 8-9% of your dps. What happens when one of the people you put Might on dies? You lose dps. Why should we be held responsible for other dps in the raid in order to perform up to par with everyone? It's dumb and them changing it is going to be so nice.
    On the other hand you also gain dps with someone dies due to our passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoy1 View Post
    On the other hand you also gain dps with someone dies due to our passive.
    For a very small amount of time. It doesn't offset anything. It lasts for 20 or so seconds and then expires AND it was nerfed. So it doesn't offset us losing 1 Might buff. It doesn't even offset losing 1 might, so imagine if two people with it died? No bueno.

Let's take all of ToV for example. Each fight is pretty long, so if someone dies in phase 2 on odyn and you buffed them with might, you don't have it for the next 4-5 minutes of the fight. 20% extra damage for 20 seconds isn't going to make up for that at all.

Same goes for Guarm. If someone does during the first charge and it was someone who had Might on, that's a loss of dps for your entire raid and yourself, you also don't have Might for the next 4 minutes of the fight so not only does your raid lose dps from the dead person but you do as well. How is that even remotely a good mechanic?

You do realize there's a reason the lead game designer called the mechanic a failure right? Like, if he's saying that then you damn well know it's not working. That, along with almost the entire Ret community says it's a failure aside from people that don't understand how it works. That says plenty right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They could just remove it entirely and boost ret dps to compensate. Why does it have to be replaced with anything?
    Because they want to retain the support fantasy. I'm personally okay with that as long as any buffs we put out are purely utility (I.e kings/wisdom).
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-12-13 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Paladins already have one specc that fullfils the "support fantasy". It is called Holy.

Retribution is damage spec. Not support. Not hybrid. We are damage. Just like fire mage, or arms warrior, or MM hunter etc.