Deleted

Ret opener without Old War prepot

Hi,

I have seen a lot of recommendations on Ret openers with Judge -> WoA -> Crusade -> TV. I see the logic of it assuming one prepots the Old War pot.
    However, since the Old War pot is still quite expensive, there are many instances when you dont really use it on pull. On early progress fights and M+ bosses for example. In those instances I use the Power prepot.

Am I right to assume that in these instances it would actually be better to open with something like Judge -> BoW(while moving towards the boss) -> CS -> Crusade -> TV -> WoA -> TV?

With this opener and without the Old War pot I dont see the downside of delaying the Crusade for a few seconds and when you use it, you actually build stacks a bit faster.

Thoughts?

I'm preporing with Prolonged unless we are doing hero/bl on start (but not always, difference between Old War and Prolonged is small). My opening is:
    BoW > CS > CS > Judg > CS > Crusade > TV > BoW/CS > TV > rest depends on procs/hp left, if 0 then WoA, if 1+ then something else
    Last edited by Shavier; 2016-12-08 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    You don't Judge on pull WTF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shavier View Post
    I'm preporing with Prolonged unless we are doing hero/bl on start (but not always, difference between Old War and Prolonged is small). My opening is:
    BoW > CS > CS > Judg > CS > Crusade > TV > BoW/CS > TV > rest depends on procs/hp left, if 0 then WoA, if 1+ then something else
    Ah you are building to 5 before the Crusade. I guess it makes sense since as I said I dont see the downside of delaying Crusade a bit when not using the Old War pot.

You don't Judge on pull WTF.
    Hm so I should open with BoW then since its the only other longer range ability? I have been using judge on pull because it gave me things to do while closing the gap to boss (Judge -> BoW). But I guees BoW is enough since you can get to melee range in 1 gcd?

Deleted
    You always want to use Judgment just as you are ready to spend your Holy Power - only use it for ranged damage if you know that you will not be able to utilize the debuff at all. If you are too far from your target to use BoW within a second then use Divine Steed to close in.

Once you are within range BoW > CS > Judgment + Crusade (it's not on the GCD) > TV > Wake > TV > CS > TV. After that you should focus on not overcapping on Holy Power and spending quickly.

Deleted
    Ok thanks, makes sense.