Why can't frost mage walk on water?

please explain

Because it's not a dk
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say because he does not emit cold, but rather conjure things that are cold.

In case of DK they emit cold from their body. Thats why water freezes under his steps. Mage on the other hand would have to conjure ice floes to walk on water, wich might be too exausting to do over a longer period

10+ Year Old Account
    We can already slow fall, blink and teleport. Sure, we could have the power to do it, we're strong enough, but some things are just kept for a few classes as flavor. Besides, even if we looked at it from a lore perspective, for us it would have to be different - either make a hard cast ice spell with limited range (like Jaina does in the Assault on the Broken Shore) or make it a channeled spell which would be inefficient and would prevent mounting.
    My magic will tear you apart.

He can. Mages can buy raft replacement made of ice in Kradasang Jungle. Sometimes I use it instead of mount just to feel like I have that kind of magic

Frost Nova should freeze an area to stand on atleast [emoji14]

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by sanohh View Post
    please explain

I will explain, mageling.

Most game designers hate mages, or rather, they know that most of the player base is into swinging metal sticks and shooting guns. As such, the devs need to pretend that these other lesser classes are in the same league as a mage. The one time this did not happen was the original dragon age where mages were literal gods among insects, and to a lesser extent baldurs gate 2.

But to allow mages to be the true fonts of power we were meant to be, as is our birthright over the lesser slave melee classes, would alienate the plebs who think they ought to be on our level.

This is what we were meant to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW5IYrgOgYU#t=4m26s

Beings of such incalculable power that even the demon hellspawn of the legion are turned to dust before us. But remember what would happen if they made us whole..

Melee : But mah blades are stronk too, I'm JUST AS POWERFUL !!!!!!

they need to let the babies have their bottle and pretend.

But yes, mages should be able to freeze the entire lake solid.

Gunshoes mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    I will explain, mageling.

Most game designers hate mages, or rather, they know that most of the player base is into swinging metal sticks and shooting guns. As such, the devs need to pretend that these other lesser classes are in the same league as a mage. The one time this did not happen was the original dragon age where mages were literal gods among insects, and to a lesser extent baldurs gate 2.

But to allow mages to be the true fonts of power we were meant to be, as is our birthright over the lesser slave melee classes, would alienate the plebs who think they ought to be on our level.

This is what we were meant to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW5IYrgOgYU#t=4m26s

Beings of such incalculable power that even the demon hellspawn of the legion are turned to dust before us. But remember what would happen if they made us whole..

Melee : But mah blades are stronk too, I'm JUST AS POWERFUL !!!!!!

they need to let the babies have their bottle and pretend.

But yes, mages should be able to freeze the entire lake solid.
    in response to your last point, with the advent of personal sharding technology and the ability for only the player to see certain effects that nobody else sees, it may well be possible that at some point mages can do the whole freeze water thing and use it like a normal pathway, but others in the party/raid/world zone only see the actual water and just see a mage walking on water, either that or have it be similar to the air sphere in avatar the last airbender, where we freeze the water under us and dynamically melt it once we have taken a step or something.

Because mages to not walk, they port.