Thread: Crit Cap Help

Crit Cap Help

First time poster, long time player.

I'm finding conflicting information on the rogue crit cap for assassin, to help with gem/enchants, if someone could lend a hand or point me in the right direction, I was told it was 43%?

44% with 375 crit food is the soft cap. Crit still has high value even after hitting this cap, but mastery and versatility depending on your exact talent allocation start to become much better.

The reason for this is that with the 6% mutilate crit artifact talent, you will have 50% crit on mutilate. This will allow you very reliable combo point generation. It will look like:

1/4 - 2CP
    1/2 - 3CP
    1/4 - 4CP

So 75% of mutilates will award you extra CP, and you only have a 12.5% chance to get two 2CP mutilates in a row. This allows you to build up to 6CP in only two mutilates much more reliably, which increases the fluidity of the spec by a significant margin.

so, 43% is not viable?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

How will assassin play in 7.1.5 ? 5% crit nerf to all agi classes and about 2-3 % with the secondary nerf. I am barely at the 44 mark now. Will be under 40 after patch.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    How will assassin play in 7.1.5 ? 5% crit nerf to all agi classes and about 2-3 % with the secondary nerf. I am barely at the 44 mark now. Will be under 40 after patch.
    From the changes it isnt a 5% nerf, from the change of 400 rating per 1% crit opposed to the 350 for 1% I lose about 2% crit after factoring in the buff to the secondaries on neck and rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Souichirou View Post
    From the changes it isnt a 5% nerf, from the change of 400 rating per 1% crit opposed to the 350 for 1% I lose about 2% crit after factoring in the buff to the secondaries on neck and rings.
    But all agility users get a 5% crit nerf baseline. And then the stat change ontop of that.

Deleted
    The baseline crit-nerf will make it even more valuable than it is at the moment, compared to other stats.