15+ Year Old Account

[BALANCE] Stats and breakpoints / pawn

Hi there,
    I've been afk for a bit and I've seen something about the change of weight for the stats, and i'd live to understand a bit more about that.
    Right now I am in a moment where I don't really understand what to do.

Following the guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...T7LyZW4A/edit#) i've been equipping mostly
    haste/crit gear, and that's fine by me, but by checking a lot of mythic+ player i can see a lot of them sacrifice crit to get more mastery.

Right now I am unbuffed around 25% CRIT, 30% HASTE, 33 MASTERY and 2% VERS.
    The stats weights i was using in my calculations are 1.0 intellect, 1.1 haste, 0.90 crit, 0.7 mastery, 0.80 vers. Are these still correct?

The thing that is confusing me, it's the fact the some stats gain more importance after some breakpoints, and I don't know these breakpoints;
    the only thing i know is to keep 30% haste for 2 ss with ED that I don't have.

I know, a bit messy this post :-P
    Cheerio

PS - armory link on sign

Deleted
    Without ED Haste gets a little bit less important, sitting around 25% and getting a bit more mastery is fine.

Impeccable Fel Essence increases the value of haste and mastery. Haste because it allows you to generate and spend asp faster, which in turn increases your Incarnation uptime. The increased Incarnation uptime allows you to minimize the unempowered fillers you'll cast, which in turn increases the value of mastery.
    This should put crit,vers and mastery about even in terms of value, unless you are using FoE, which doesn't scale with mastery at all.
    The value of crit drops slightly for each Starsurge crit relic you have, so you might want to keep that in mind.

Haste is slightly ahead for single target, meaning you shouldn't sacrifice more than 10ilvl on non jewelry.

For multi target haste pulls ahead by a wide margin so you might want have different item set depending on what you are doing.

You just use whatever pawn tells you to use. There are no real breakpoints/caps whatever.(Only with Emerald Dreamcatcher legendary)

If you want to min/max then your legendaries, singel- or multitarget, what gear you have allready equiped plays a bigger role.
    The statweights you mentioned are just a rough guideline.
    For example with your very low Versatility it becomes much better.

If you want to min/max then sim your char for different szenarios to get custom stat weights for you and sim it everytime you get an upgrade to be sure.

But if you dont want to play on the very high end or are very interested in those theroycrafting things it doesnt really matter. The differences arent that big and your personal skill etc plays a much much larger role.
    Last edited by Nerxyrall; 2016-12-09 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerlamer View Post
    Hi there,
    I've been afk for a bit and I've seen something about the change of weight for the stats, and i'd live to understand a bit more about that.
    Right now I am in a moment where I don't really understand what to do.

Following the guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...T7LyZW4A/edit#) i've been equipping mostly
    haste/crit gear, and that's fine by me, but by checking a lot of mythic+ player i can see a lot of them sacrifice crit to get more mastery.

Right now I am unbuffed around 25% CRIT, 30% HASTE, 33 MASTERY and 2% VERS.
    The stats weights i was using in my calculations are 1.0 intellect, 1.1 haste, 0.90 crit, 0.7 mastery, 0.80 vers. Are these still correct?

The thing that is confusing me, it's the fact the some stats gain more importance after some breakpoints, and I don't know these breakpoints;
    the only thing i know is to keep 30% haste for 2 ss with ED that I don't have.

I know, a bit messy this post :-P
    Cheerio

PS - armory link on sign

Just re-run sim with your gear.

this is what i got from your profile
    ( Pawn: v1: "Powerlamer": Intellect=10.76, SpellPower=10.30, CritRating=8.53, HasteRating=10.89, MasteryRating=9.08, Versatility=9.73 )

15+ Year Old Account
    cheers everyone for the answers.
    I am trying out a different equip now, with a bit more versatility, and I used the pawn string from @Zan15 , so cheers.

Got also the Chrono Shard today finally, and that's a good haste boost.

Is it complicated to sim your own stats like this? I feel like I should learn how to do it :P

It's not that difficult at all. Having SimulationCraft and Pawn helps. You pull the strings from SimC>Simulate in Simulation Craft Application>Results give you a new pawn strings> Input new pawn strings into Pawn.

I tend to do this everytime I get a new piece of gear. However with stat changes coming to 7.1.5, I also kept all the high ilvl gear I normally wouldn't wear, in my bank jic.

Quote Originally Posted by djshway View Post
    It's not that difficult at all. Having SimulationCraft and Pawn helps. You pull the strings from SimC>Simulate in Simulation Craft Application>Results give you a new pawn strings> Input new pawn strings into Pawn.

I tend to do this everytime I get a new piece of gear. However with stat changes coming to 7.1.5, I also kept all the high ilvl gear I normally wouldn't wear, in my bank jic.

I´m using the AskMrRobot Gearing Strategy. Its really easy to use and you dont need much knoweledge to sim yourself. While i find SimC more complicated and difficult for beginners.

That said there is some controversy if AMR is any good (my results are very convincing) and it takes some time (half hour or so - depens on PC etc) to run the gearing strategy.

Edit: There are Videos how to correctly sim yourself for AMR and SimC out there. They explain how to use them correctly and avoid mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post
    I´m using the AskMrRobot Gearing Strategy. Its really easy to use and you dont need much knoweledge to sim yourself. While i find SimC more complicated and difficult for beginners.

That said there is some controversy if AMR is any good (my results are very convincing) and it takes some time (half hour or so - depens on PC etc) to run the gearing strategy.

Edit: There are Videos how to correctly sim yourself for AMR and SimC out there. They explain how to use them correctly and avoid mistakes.
    Yeah I actually use AMR/SimC/Pawn as well. Just to have something to compare and contrast. I also did find the video on YT about to to simC everything and find results, which made simming a whole lot easier. Cause hopping in there and trying to figure it out yourself was enough of a headache by yourself haha

Just don't sim with patchwerk style. There is no encounter whatsoever where you just sit and cast. Light movement is more appropriate, but if you really want less movement and more boss uptime, sim both and make an average.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey there guys, another question about stats simulationcraft etc.
    I simmed my char tonight to export the Pawn string, and this is the result I had:

( Pawn: v1: "Powerlamer": Intellect=11.75, CritRating=9.27, HasteRating=8.41, MasteryRating=9.25, Versatility=10.02 )

Right now I am at 9760 haste unbuffed, and if I follow pawn I would prob go down to 8k
    Bit confused to be honest on what to do.
    Cheerio

Hey there guys, another question about stats simulationcraft etc.
    I simmed my char tonight to export the Pawn string, and this is the result I had:

( Pawn: v1: "Powerlamer": Intellect=11.75, CritRating=9.27, HasteRating=8.41, MasteryRating=9.25, Versatility=10.02 )

Right now I am at 9760 haste unbuffed, and if I follow pawn I would prob go down to 8k
    Bit confused to be honest on what to do.
    Cheerio
    If that's what you got, edit the SIMC import and change over some gems/encs to crit or swap an item and sim your self again.

15+ Year Old Account
    cheers for the answer mate.
    So you pretty much telling me to follow simc and dont worry if I lose to much haste?

I'll make some tests, cheerio

- - - Updated - - -

ok, I did a test, and now I am even more confused.

My previous sim showed me a total dps of 421448; I got the Pawn string and imported the string.

After that, I changed the chest piece since pawn was showing me a 10% increase on my other chest piece (even by losing more than 800 haste rating).
    After I changed the piece I did another simc, and my dps went down to 415990.

Anyone experienced similar problems?
    Cheers

15+ Year Old Account
    cheers for the answer mate.
    So you pretty much telling me to follow simc and dont worry if I lose to much haste?

I'll make some tests, cheerio

- - - Updated - - -

ok, I did a test, and now I am even more confused.

My previous sim showed me a total dps of 421448; I got the Pawn string and imported the string.

After that, I changed the chest piece since pawn was showing me a 10% increase on my other chest piece (even by losing more than 800 haste rating).
    After I changed the piece I did another simc, and my dps went down to 415990.

Anyone experienced similar problems?
    Cheers
    Yeah, quoting myself is quite lame BUT I haven't really fix this issue and I am getting quite annoyed by it.

Just to break it down:
    - I run a Simc of my char and I get a result, let's say 420k dps.
    - From that Simc I get a Pawn string that I import straight away ingame.
    - After the import, Pawn is showing me several upgrades that I have in my bag. I pick the one with the most % of upgrade, and I swap lets say Haste for Vers.
    - I run another Simc of my char, and now my dps is like 418k. The string that I get now pretty much tells me to swap the last piece...

This is just mind blowing to me, and I am pretty sure it's my fault, and I am making some kind of mistake somewhere.
    Anyone wants to share any advice?

Cheers
    Power

Stat weights are what would happen if you added those stats to your character. Since this isn't possible in real life (you are taking away the stats from the item you are replacing), the priorities change due to breakpoints and whatnot.